Recipes Using Oranges

A simple and tasty treat! You can use any type of chocolate you want to but dark chocolate makes the orange or tangerine segments taste absolutely divine :-)

• 2 medium naval oranges or 3 tangerines
  • 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips

Directions:

Peel the oranges or tangerines and separate into segments.

Place a sheet of wax paper on a baking sheet.

Place chocolate chips in a double boiler and heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted.

Dip the orange or tangerine segments lengthwise into the chocolate one at a time, coat three fourths of each segment and place on baking sheet.

Place baking sheet in the refrigerator or freezer and let set until chocolate has hardened.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

19 More Solutions

All I can say is, "Refreshing!" :-)

Love this blend of flavors! Cook broccoli in a large pot of water until just tender, about 12 to 15 minutes, drain and place in a serving bowl.

Combine flour, coconut and baking soda. In a bowl, cream together butter, sugar, egg, orange juice and rind; stir in flour mixture and blend well.

This recipe has great citrus flavor!

Beat first 6 ingredients until combined. In a 9x13 inch pan, arrange bread slices. Pour egg mixture over bread and cover. Refrigerate 2-24 hours.

These yummy muffins are great for breakfast or any time!

Prepare salad dressing mix with vinegar, orange juice and water as directed on envelope, substituting orange juice for the 2 Tbsp. water and add ing orange peel. . .

Great tasting salad that is easy to make!

Great combination of ingredients in this recipe! Very good side dish!

Combine cheese, salt, and pepper; dredge turkey slices in mixture. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add turkey, and cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Place turkey in a lightly grease 9x13 pan; set aside.

Recipes For Orange Balls

Mix picante sauce, orange juice and garlic in shallow non metallic pan. Add chops and turn to coat.

Melt margarine in medium size heavy saucepan. Add the orange juice, ginger and orange peel. Bring to a boil.

In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, orange juice, basil and ginger. Add remaining ingredients and toss lightly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors.

Take 3 oranges. Peel them into slices and make sure to remove all peels and white pithy stuff. Layer them on a flat plate and sprinkle them with 4 teaspoons of maple sugar.

I have an abundance of oranges. I bought two cases of oranges which were being sold as a fundraiser. The oranges are okay but not terrific, so my family is not eating them up. Besides juicing and making marmalade, I can't think of anything else I can do with the oranges to use them up. Got any suggestions?

Tina from Ashland, OR

Answers

By karen (Guest Post)

How about freezing portions to replace lemon juice/zest for cooking and baking, fruit syrup for pancakes, candied peels, orange meringue pie?
Any of the cooking magazine type sites should have lots of ideas and at least some are search able by ingredient.

Three in a small basket wrapped nicely would make a good neighborly gift!

This would only use up one, two or three oranges depending on the batch amount you make but the meatballs and sauce are freezable for future use :-) (I double or triple the recipe for freezing)

I think I've posted this recipe before here but not under the catergory of usages for oranges ;-) It's dear to my heart because it's my Grampa Tampourlos' recipe ... He came to the US in 1917 from Greece and it remains a family favorite :-)

Tampourlos Family Greek Spaghetti & Meatballs

1 lb Hamburger (not lean)
2 tbls diced onions
12 saltine crackers, crushed
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbls grated orange rind
1/4 tsp salt
Dash of pepper
28 oz can tomato sauce
Spaghetti (or other non-flavored favorite pasta :-)

Combine all ingredients, except pasta, and 'round' into dollar size balls. Brown meatballs in a skillet on medium heat. Transfer the meatballs, and the hamburger grease from browning them, into a baking dish. Add the tomato sauce. Bake covered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Cook your choice of pasta "al dente" and smother with sauce and meatballs.

Serve with Greek Salad (tomato, cucumber, red onion all cut your favorite way; tossed with olive oil, red wine vinegar, crumbled Greek feta cheese and pitted Kalamata olives) Also serve with Greek feta cheese, Kalamata olives and French bread with room temp unsalted butter. Don't forget to serve with orange wedges as a garnish/fruit treat ;-)

Serves 4

By Mary Ann (Guest Post)

Believe it or not I have frozen orange slices that were delicious when I ate them. I just wanted to see if it would work and they were good. Peeled orange and slice segmants.

So I have a bunch (10 or so) mandarin oranges in cups, that are in liquid. My hubby is not really a big fan, so I was wondering if I could make some type of dessert with them and give them to some of my friends. Or any other ideas of something that I can do with them because I am tired of eating them plain. Any ideas?

By Jessica from West Jordan, UT

This page contains recipes for orange chicken. We are all familiar with the ubiquitous Chinese buffet menu item, orange chicken. The flavor of oranges complements chicken dishes of may types and origins.

Closeup of Chinese orange chicken with orange slices on top.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1
Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes FruitNovember 4, 2012
👒
🌻
🐛
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Recipes-Using-Oranges-1.html