Remedies for Hair Damaged by a Flat Iron

Category Damaged
Regular heat from a styling iron can damage your hair. This guide is about remedies for hair damaged by a flat iron.

What is good for treating damaged hair from a straightening iron? It looks like split ends, but she just had her hair trimmed.

By Marcy from Ball Ground, GA

Answers

Purchase a good conditioner from a beauty supply store. Continue to condition the hair and trim off the damaged ends when it needs cutting. Over a period of time you'll see all new growth.

Also check with any of the professional cosmetologists that work in the beauty supply stores. I believe there is a product that you can use that will protect the hair when a straightening iron is used.

Also never abuse the hair by continually using a straightening iron. The same thing would happen to your hair if you constantly colored and highlighted.

Licensed Cosmetologist

I had trimmed my ends and after a while I started getting that same nasty feeling on the ends of my hair. I've been using Dove Intensive Repair shampoo and conditioner and it really has made a difference for me. I thought the only remedy was to cut it, but I was wrong. Give it a try. Much cheaper than salon conditioner as the other poster recommended! This is Thrifty Fun not really a place to recommend salon products that you will pay out the wazoo for!

I spent years curling my 'straight as a yard of pump-water' hair, my daughter was born with wavy hair. She straightens hers and I curl mine. We're all mad aren't we? All the best.
Marg from England.