Remedy for Hair Damaged by a Perm

A few days ago my friend permed my hair because I missed my long wavy hair. I have super short straight hair that has never been permed or anything of the like. She accidentally used a super perm. Now my hair went from my natural light brown to a dirty blond. I haven't dyed or bleached my hair since long before I cut it all off a year ago. The only thing I've done to it was use a homemade toner to make it a bit lighter. Some of it turned white and fell out. Lots of it is really frizzy and light colored. I tried covering my head in argon and coconut oils for about 6 hours or so, deep conditioning, air drying, and finger combing instead of brushing. My hair is only about 6 inches long, I really don't want to go bald. Any cheap and easy remedies for this broke college student?

The picture is a before one.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Home remedies to repair your damaged hair after a perm.

1. Either go to a beauty supply store, a salon, or even look in your local store for a reverse perm. This should counteract the perming agents in your hair.
  2. Ad

3. Buy a shampoo that is only for dry and damaged hair. Only wash your hair every few days.
  4. Normally, after perming your hair, you are to wait for 3 days to wash your hair. Otherwise, this could cause the perm to not set correctly. In your case the perm is damaging your hair it would be wise to wash it out as soon as you can.
  5. Do hot oil treatments on your hair to restore the moisture in your hair. You can buy these at your local stores or beauty supply shops in your area.
  6. Make you down deep conditioning hair mask at home and do this on a weekly basis. The conditioner is worked through your hair and left on for several minutes before rinsing your hair. You can make one at home.
  7. You will need one cup of olive oil, a deep conditioning hair mask and shampoo.
  8. Watch this video to see how to treat your hair at home and repair the damage the perm has caused. https://www.you  ch?v=nDxVzrn30qs

Bad Perm.

Step 1
You can get a reverse perm from a stylist.

Step 2
Cut as much of the ends off you are comfortable with.

Step 3
Use olive oil on your hair for 3-5 minutes at a time.

Step 4
Deep condition your hair with olive oil and conditioner leave in for 2 hours than rinse.