Removing a Shower Head and Faucets

What can I use to remove my shower head? Due to hard water deposits years ago, we cannot get it off nor can we remove the hot and cold faucets in the tub either.

Unless you are a pro, I respectively suggest calling a plumber to take care of this. I know it is expensive, but when I did what you are trying to do myself (well, me and my late father) when I first moved into my house, I broke the shower head and cost myself double what it would have cost to have it fixed if I had had the plumber do it right the first time.

This was a hard lesson to learn! Plumbing issues are an expensive pain, but DYI plumbing issues can be a true nightmare!

You could spray the head and faucets with WD-40 every day for several days. You may be able to loosen up the deposits enough to remove the fixtures.

If this doesn't work, I would call a professional in.

There are several products that taunt their ability to take care of this but since I have not used them, I'm not sure how good they work.

The products are located in the cleaning and plumbing supply departments of most large stores like Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot and Ace and True Value hardware stores. Lots of names like; Lime Away, etc.

Please be sure to turn off the water supply before attempting to remove any of these items? If you do not know where the main supply cut off is located than please find out this before you start.

I have never used WD40 as Judy suggested but it certainly may work if you spray it several days.

I have used white vinegar by wrapping a wash cloth over/around the shower head and faucets and keep it wet with vinegar but it does take a few days.

Be sure to find the water supply first.