Repairing Corner Hardware on an Old Trunk?

0
Share
3
Save
Follow
Print

I have a trunk with bubble corner hardware on every corner. Every bubble is dented, but solidly still attached. Should I just clean them up or replace with new hardware. It's a canvas trunk that's in pretty good shape, but has a broken lock and handles.

I would compare prices of damaged trunks versus trunks in better condition, and the cost to get it in good condition. That will make the decision whether or not to repair clearer.

If it is a trunk with huge sentimental value and you are planning to use and love it, then I would fix it up. If you are thinking of fixing to resell, it would take a lot of research to find the true market value for sales and then figure out if a repair would increase or decrease the value. That is a whole other can of worms.

Post back with more info!!

I would replace the lock and handles.As for the corners just clean them up.It will give it a little character.

Home and Garden Repair OtherMay 9, 2019
🐛
👒
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-Corner-Hardware-on-an-Old-Trunk.html