Savory Baked Chicken
This makes a great "Sunday dinner." Very tasty chicken!
- 4 chicken breasts, split
- 4 legs and thighs, disjointed
- seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
- Sprinkle chicken pieces lightly with seasoning salt. Let stand 1/2 hour.
- Spread uncooked rice over bottom of buttered shallow qt. casserole. Pour chicken broth and mushrooms over rice.
- Arrange chicken pieces in single layer over rice and mushrooms.
- Combine mushroom and celery soup; spread over chicken.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Remove foil. Bake 1/2 hour longer or until chicken is tender.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!