Value of Arther Mee Children's Encyclopaedia

I understand there was only one red edition of vol. 1-8 around the 1930s. These are red (and spelled ae) and I wonder what they are worth and where I could sell them?

Unfortunately there not worth much maybe 20.00.No one wants them anymore with all the technology we have.

Thank you for taking the trouble to comment.

Thanks for your reply Ana.

Sorry to say that Encyclopaedia's do not hold any value unless they are over 100 years old. You could do a action/bid for a collector online to try and reach a better value. Right now the value in great condition is $30.

Thank you Ana for your comment

Hi,

Lots of crafters like to use these in their works, such as journals and such. I looked online, using the keywords 'Arther Mee Encyclopedia Sales" and I found one that is being sold for $36.00 plus $6.00 shipping.

Thanks Robin

Having collected books over my lifetime, I have learned age has very little to do with a book's "collectability".

The three biggest factors are content, condition, and rarity.

The two most important factors in trying to value them are supply and demand.

High supply, low demand = low prices. Low supply high demand = high prices and equal parts supply and demand = prices all over the place.

I am guessing you are in Europe as these are rarely seen in the US.

From my understanding there were 12 versions between 1908 and 1922 that had 8 volumes, so you do have something that would be between those years if you have the full set.

There is someone on eBay calling what looks like your set (based on the spines) the first edition.

www.ebay.com/.../153756266025?hash=item23cc966e29...

If this is indeed your set, you can watch this auction to see if it sells and that will be your current market value.

I do believe the wiki on these is is very confusing (I am assuming that is where you learned there was only 1 red cover set). There appear to be other red sets (at least they look red to me) including one set that has some amazing art deco designs on the spine (I swoon over deco designs)

If you are trying to sell yours, I would start high and take best offer!

Thanks for sharing!

As for locations to sell, eBay gets you the most exposure, but shipping costs may be prohibitive.

If you have a local venue like an book seller who deals in second hand books, that would be the best option.

Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksFebruary 18, 2020
🌻
🐰
🍀