Value of Murphy Chairs

I wonder the value of 5 chairs I got from my mother years ago. On the bottom of the chair on the side it says Murphy Owensboro KY 370. As far as I can tell they were never refurbished, all original. They do not have claw feet and the top of the back rest is straight across.

Thank you for any information I get collect on them!

I would send a picture to the company. They can help you. murphychaircompany.com/

I don't see any photos so it is hard to determine what you have based just on the description.

If your chairs match any of these sold chairs, that would be today's current market value:

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313...

If they match unsold versions, you can gauge that the asking prices were too high and you can watch to see if they were relisted and what they eventually sold for or if they sold.

Some of these chairs have held their value, some not. Condition is key to the higher values.

Post back if you sell and what the buyer paid so others have an idea of the current market value in your area. Thanks!

it all depends on the market and demand of course but chairs such as this can fetch at least $250 in the proper antiques context, perfect condition, etc.