Value of Scooby Doo Plates and Salt Shakers

I have 2 sea mist green Homer Laughlin Scooby Doo plates and 2 sets of salt and pepper shakers. I cannot find them anywhere for sale. What would they be worth today? I would estimate they are approximately 25 years old.

You can check eBay sold listing for Scooby Doo plates and salt shaker here: www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_fsrp=1&_sacat=0&_nkw=Homer...

You can browse other prices they've sold for from this link: www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_fsrp=1&_sacat=0&_nkw=Homer...

You can look on Replacements.com. Their prices can be on the high side, however.

The eBay sold prices are today's current market value and they are selling quite well!! The salt and pepper shakers are averaging $43.50 (two sold one at 47 and one at 41=43.50 average).

The plates are selling at and average of 38.96 (one sold for 48, one for 29.92=38.96).

These are very delicate pieces so if you do sell them on eBay be prepared to wrap them in multiple layers of tissue paper, bubble wrap, and cardboard and then box. There are YouTube videos for how to package china if you have never done this before. It is very critical in selling china to protect the item well since the USPS is not exactly known to be gentle with packages. I love them to pieces...but gently they are NOT.

Also be sure to read and understand the new USPS DIM shipping thing that is starting soon--dimensional weight--so that you don't lose money on the shipping if you sell them online.

I suggest, since the values are kinda of all over the place to start them on eBay at 20.00 and let it go for a 7 day auction and have the market dictate the value. Reserves are very expensive (I just had to do one the other day and it was $15, but I didn't want the thing I was selling to go under a certain amount. I rarely use them because they are expensive and the buyers hate them. I don't suggest doing one here since you know there is an average selling price on your pieces.

The only thing about eBay and if you have never sold before is just to be aware that there are a bunch of new scams going on and these creeps target new sellers. So rule of thumb, just ignore anyone who asks you to sell or pay outside of the platform. That would be a big NO and a red flag they are trying to scam you.

I have been selling since 2001 so you just learn to deal with the bad apples because there are so many good ones out there!

Post back with an update. These are really neat and highly sought after pieces!! Blessings!

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousMay 31, 2019
🌻
🎂
📓