Value of a Vintage Victorian Mirror?

I know it was sold in auction previously. It has J.L.F &CPT. Co. stamped on back as well as writing with number 241. I am trying to sell it, but don't know what a fair asking price would be.

hobbylark.com/.../How-to-Determine-the-Value-of-an... Many factors come into play in determining the value of your mirror. You need to look at the color and condition of the glass, whether the backing is paper or wood, and the condition of the frame. The link above will help you.

I'll look at it closer. Thank you

Hi,

I would look on ebay.com for antique mirrors. I would find one similar to yours and look at the price. This might give you an idea about what it is worth.

--Robyn

Where was it sold at auction? How recent?

The market for mirrors has not changed much in the past few years so if it was within the last 5 years, the value then is probably the value today. Sadly, maybe less, but that would give you a starting point.

The markings are not at all familiar to me, and I lived in the DC area for a number of years and this when I was deep into learning about the love with all things old. Perhaps find an antique dealer in the DC area through google and send them the photo. They may know right off the top of their head and be able to give you a value if the auction sale you are taking about was more than 10 years ago.

This was a neat shop....haven't been there in ages...maybe they can help:

www.yelp.com/.../memories-antiques-manassas

Post back what you learn. I am very curious what you have.

Thank y'all for the advice. I have been a lover of all things aged.
I have some antique children oak rocking chairs, old cameras a little bit of Crystal bowls just not sure how to get rid of it. I enjoy collecting and trading. I'll look into the details and I will fill you in. Thank you

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousJanuary 20, 2019
🎃
😷
🌻
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-a-Vintage-Victorian-Mirror.html