Washer Does Not Spin

It is a Kenmore front load washer. The propeller of the washer does not spin; however, the motor is running and sound gets generated. Water flows from the load chamber, but draining seems not to be the full capacity. The blinking sign looks like a short piece of tube. Advice would be highly appreciated.

By Lekhnath

It sounds similar to what happened to our Kenmore front-loading washer, after only eight years. The tub has what is called a spider, that holds it in the washer; it was making a horrible noise. I got online and found that Sears had purposely made those front-loaders to tear up after four years, making it only where you could get the parts from them; it was also whoever came out and did fix it would have to charge over half the price of a new washer.

We just went ahead and purchased an LG, and that was almost seven years ago. It is a front loader, because we like the water saving and gets the clothes even cleaner. I will never buy anything from Sears, a company I grew up with and trusted the appliances that lasted so long, ever again. You wonder why they are slowly going under, huh? Go ahead and put that money on a new, different brand; you will be very glad that you did.

I expect front load washers are more complicated than the top load ones. I think it is time to call a repairperson and see whether this is worth repairing or if you should invest in a new one.

I have also always purchased Kenmore, and have great service with the dryers and top loading washers. The ones I have now are 14 years old, although I did have to have a minor repair done to the washer.