Washer Will Not Drain or Spin

My LG Model WM2301H front load washer will not drain the water after the wash and will not spin. If works good till time to finish and then it just quits.

What I have done.
I am somewhat good at fixing things around the house, I have a good basic knowledge of how things work. However, the washer is leaving me all wet.

I first went straight for the easy stuff. Drains are all open and vented well. The next step was the water pump. I disconnected all the hoses. The wiring connecting the pump to 110 direct worked fine (both ways). Then I removed the tub hose and cleaned it and checked for blockage, nothing. I removed the pressure switch, which is for overfill, but I though I would check it out anyway. Seems to work fine as far as I can tell without taking it apart. They're not that much so I getting a new one anyway just in case. Yet still I don't think that would keep it from pumping out the water just pumping the water in. So I was going to check power coming to the pump. Yeah try that with the door and everything off, not going to happen. I know I should have checked power to the motor first; hindsight is always 20/20.

So here is my question?
How can I check or what should I check to see if I'm getting power to the motor? I mean where does it come from, the switch control board or the the main board? How can I check each one separately so I will know which one to buy, if I even need to buy?

By Jonathan from Pine Prairie, LA

This sounds like you have a drain pump problem on the washer or a problem with the spin circuit board on the machine. You'll need to check to see if there is anything clogging the drain and the pump and clean this out.