AdviceDogs

What is My Chihuahua Mixed With?

My little puppy is almost five months old. He's grown so fast from when we first got him. He has also gotten a lot darker from the first day we got him. We know he's mixed because everyone tells us he is, but we just do not know with what.

By Vanessa B

Best Answer

He probably isn't mixed with anything! He looks like a pure bred Chi to me. Many people have a preconceived notion of what a Chi is supposed to look like and any that deviate from their notion simply must be mixed with something else.

The fact is that Chihuahuas come in a variety of colors, shapes and sizes. There is two pound Chis and 12 pound Chis, apple heads and deer heads, tall slender Chis and short stocky Chis. The "original" Chihuahua that came from Mexico these many years ago looked very different from today's Chihuahuas.

Breeders have made them even smaller than they already were. They have tried to breed in the round "apple" head and the "bug" eyes because people thought that was cuter. The fact is that only the show dogs really look like the show standard any way.

I love Chihuahuas and have had Chis since I was 12 years old. I am not a breeder, I could never go that route. But I do know Chihuahuas. I have a brindle Chihuahua which admittedly is not a common Chi color. And she is a larger Chi at around 9 pounds. I know that she is 100% Chihuahua but I don't have to prove it to anybody. LOL

I have had people that I don't even know ask what she is mixed with. Its none of their business, so I usually tell them that she is half Chi and half Pit Bull. I don't even think that would be possible, but some probably believe me. LOL

Don't worry about "IF" your baby is mixed or "WHAT" he might be mixed with and just enjoy your beautiful little one.

Hi. Have you compare your dog with a miniature pincher? He seems close to mine :)

Anonymous

I raised 6 puppies from a full blood 12# chocolate Chihuahua, when I was 5 I had one just like her only bigger that was 51 yrs ago songs that's how Chihuahuas looked back then. I had the father he was a skinny 5.5# tan runt and all the puppies had his colour and I think the mix of two colors caused a pigmentation to occur in the pups. They looked just like yours.

Your pup looks just like mine, I swear mine is mixed too! He's almost 4 months and weighs 6lbs.

Anonymous

He is a weenie dog look at his ears. Weenie