Repairing a Light Spot in Dye on Leather Purse

I bought a camel colored leather bag and I noticed there is a small area where it looks like the leather did not absorb all the stain. It is lighter than the rest of the bag. Is there anything I can do?

By Jackie simmons from Las Vegas, NV

Can you get any shoe polish to match the colour? One trick I have used on scuffed/damaged leather is to use acrylic paints. Find the colour that matches, or, if you have a good eye, mix it yourself. Then with a *tiny* amount on a cloth (wrapped around your finger), rub it into the area where the colour needs attention. You might need several goes. Acrylic is rubbery paint that when dry is waterproof.