Make Meatballs From Leftover Meatloaf

I always have left over meat loaf. After it cools, I roll into one inch meat balls. I put 12-14 meat balls into a freezer bag.

When I have spaghetti, I use them in the spaghetti sauce. They are an instant hit.

Source: I have been doing this for 40 years.

By Ellen from Knoxville Tn.

I also use leftover meatloaf in spaghetti sauce over pasta, but I just cut up the meatloaf into chunks. Works for me.

I also do the cut-up meatloaf thing like OliveOyl. Makes a great quick meat sauce! I'm curious, though, how do you roll cooked meatloaf into balls?

You roll the cooked meatloaf into balls? How do you do this? I understand the small chunks but not the balls unless you do this before it's cooked.

Thanks!
Jennifer
Northern Virginia

Ellen. How do you do it? You can't roll cooked meat into a meatball.

I always make a bigger meatloaf than I need just so I can have "cold meatloaf sandwiches". That is my favorite sandwich of all!

Maggie3956 asks: "How do you do it? You can't roll cooked meat into a meatball." That was my thought too.. I thought maybe she was talking about the hamburger mixture, but she does say "after it cools" which implies cooking first.

The only way I can see to do that is to cut it into chunks. Otherwise, I don't get it either.

I use a melon scoop. I use to use a ice cream scoop, however, they were to big and fell apart. So I started using a melon scoop. I take a large skillet, spray Pam and preheat on medium. I take out the meat balls after freezing and cooking them on each, side for 3 mins, until light golden brown. this will help them to retain their shape. Forgive me for not going into detail about the meat balls.
Thank You all for your Patience.
Ellen from Tennessee

Glad I'm not the only one confused. Cooked meatloaf wouldn't stick together to make balls.

How did this even get to the top of the list it hasn't been replied to since last July. Guess we need the recipe. I'm curious.

I just rolled my leftover meatloaf into meatballs for spaghetti sauce. I rolled them into meatballs pretty easily maybe because the meatloaf was cold right out of the refrigerator.

Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversAugust 28, 2009
🐰
🌻
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf24647191.tip.html