My Dad Won't Let Me Shave

My dad won't let me shave, how can I ask him?

Joseph from Vienna, WA

Best Answer

How old are you? My grandson is 13. He approached his dad with his hands on his cheeks w/a grin and said, "Dad? I feel like.. hair. I think I can start shaving, girls don't like this, and look I'm getting a mustache. an I shave? His dad feeling all fatherly took him out to purchase a shaver. parents like honesty and for their teens
be open with them. He doesn't shave often, he knows when he needs to. Good luck! :)

Best Answer

How old are you and do you really need to shave? I went to school with a girl when I was growing up whose mother wouldn't allow her to shave her pits or wear deodorant. She wanted to keep her a child forever. The counselor stepped in by calling the mother and infomed her that her daughter was being shunned because of BO. Some parents just don't see their child as growing up. I say if you really need to, if it embarasses you and your father won't listen, to ask the school counselor for help. Sometimes a suggestion from another adult will go a lot farther toward being heard. When my husband was in school, they once sent home a note that said he would not be allowed to return until he came back shaved in a way that met school regulations, which were clearly defined in the note.

i agree with ariela, depending on your age and how you approach him he just might give in.
if he still says no, keep your cool. showing him how mature you can be might sway him as much as anything else. try again in a month or so.

Opt for an electric razor and this may work!

It does depend on how old you are, but our oldest son graduated 8th grade that year and on Father's Day that summer was his first shave.

Dad showed him how and I took pictures. It was a fabulous moment.

Just talk to your dad about making a Father & Son moment out of it--and if you can wait for Father's Day--it should make it even more special.

I'm having the same problem only with my mom I'm scared to death to ask her. I might just do it with out asking. I don't know yet I might ask, and if she sees no ill do it any way. She can't stay mad at me or you for long just go with the flow and good luck.

I finally got the courage after ages of thinking and thinking, to ask him, and he said no. I felt so sick in the gut and I am angry. I don't no what to do. HELP!

When I was about 12/13 my mustache started growing, my father would call me when he was shaving with an electric razor and would shave my mustache off for me, later around 14, he let me use his razor to shave before I went to school. It's something that boys need to start doing around 13/14. Don't be shy, ask your dad if he can show you how to shave, I'm glad my father showed me what to do.