Pipe Cleaner Bows

I bought some pipe cleaners and made a bow for my Christmas packages. I put all the packages into a mesh laundry bag, and then put this bow on the top. All the presents were wrapped, but I have to do this or the cats will tear off the wrapping paper.

I took the pipe cleaners, the shiny ones, and twisted the whole set of them around the top of the bag evenly. Then I turned down the ends to make bow like curves.

I gave the kids their own package of pipe cleaners to make shapes out of and to see what creative use they would have for them. I make hearts out of the shiny ones, I placed one in their Christmas stocking. They are so darling!

The last picture is of my daughter making shapes out of them later on.

By Robyn from Tri-Cities, TN

This is a cute idea. This Christmas I used a "Sound of Music" theme, "brown paper packages tied up with string, these are a few of my favorite things. So, I used the brown or off-white paper used inside shipped items that I purchased online. I collected it for quite a while. I then cut out cute items from old Christmas cards and glued these on the wrapped gift. I used jute twine to tie them up and tied a bow. Everybody commented on how cute they were. I will add some pipe cleaner bows next year if they are compostable?

Young children love playing with pipe cleaners ... some can be very creative. I went looking for pipe cleaners for my grand daughter. I looked and looked. They were in the craft area labeled chenille stems. I'm not at all sure of that spelling. Since people are being discouraged from smoking of all sorts some companies have changed the name of these little treasures.