Cooking Perfect Noodles

Years ago by brother-in-law was a cook in the Army. He taught me a trick to make beautiful spaghetti noodles. You cook the noodles the night before. Drain the noodles and fill the pot with cold water. Place in the fridge over night.

The next day when you make the spaghetti, your noodles have swelled and you have beautiful plump noodles.

By Nancy from Mt. Airy, N.C.

A restaurant I worked at did this but I always thought it was just to save time, maybe not!

To get perfect noodles bring the required amount of water to a boil. Then add the noodles and turn the heat off. Let stand for 20 minutes. This stops over boiling and having to stir. Noodles won't stick to pan with this method also.

By Sandy from Graettinger, IA

Answers:

Cooking Perfect Noodles

I made a tuna casserole last night and the noodles came out perfect. I printed off this handy tip and will include it with my recipes. (04/21/2010)

By Marjorie