AdviceGardening

Cheap or Free Plastic Barrels

Does anyone know a good company or industry that might be a good source for free or cheap recycled plastic 55 gallon barrels that would make good rain barrels?

Thanks,
Deb from Lawson, MO

Go to the Car dealers w/shops or any big Tire & Lube. They get their oil in the 55 gallon drums, but I am not sure if you can get plastic....some might have it. My DH used to work at a Toyota dealership, and snagged an empty one and made a BBQ grill out of it. It was beautiful!

Or you can ring your local Landfill/Recycling center to call you if they come in, or to see who sends them that way.

I just made a rain barrel this weekend and purchased the barrel from a vendor who bought it from a soda pop manufacturer. Mine smells like Dr. Pepper! You might try contacting a bottler.

My coca-Cola bottling plant in Pooler, Ga does not offer used barrels to the public. I just asked. Bastards.

Why are they (coca-cola) "bastards"? If they give you a drum, you put water in it, someone drinks it and gets sick... who they gonna sue, you or coca-cola?

My bakery used to give away day old bread, can't do it anymore because there is no longer a chain of custody for recall, again if someone gets sick who they gonna sue?

I'm not picking on you jonnyreb, just putting some facts out here.
Blame the sue happy people, not the company.

By richard t (Guest Post)

I've got mine from a car wash, and local car dealers, who are usually happy to get rid of them. Even got several from a local rebottler of shampoos and such. When I run out, I'll try the coal bottler down the road. Feel free to contact me at r s tidyman at yahoo . com, but of course you need to put that together.

Contact This Supplier For Rain Barrels (Empty)

www.facebook.com/Drumpoint?ref=hl