Cooking with Frozen Tomatoes

I use my frozen tomatoes in soups and stews. But the big thing I do is save them until I have enough to can them and I make my own spaghetti sauce. I thaw them and make my sauce and then I have lots on hand. If I have extra I make some chili sauce also. You can use frozen tomatoes in canning just like fresh ones and once thawed the skins slip off nice and easy!

By Artena from Tahsis, BC

I tried to vote thumbs up on this tip but it all came up encripted.

My mother always used the remainder of the green tomatoes to slice thin and would can them. Later in the winter she would bring a couple of cans in, drain some of the juice and then pour the rest into a hot greased skillet and stir fry them. So Good!

A friend of mine and I once had a food wagon for yard sales, auctions and such. When we converted over to an espresso wagon, we put our sliced onions, tomatoes and green peppers from our hoagies in the freezer.

We kinda forgot about them and a year later, they were still wonderful for soups, stews and yes, spaghetti. It's amazing what you can do with frozen veggies!

I freeze tomatoes all the time and I found if you throw them in the sink and pour a kettle of boiling water on them the skins come right off!

Can I use frozen tomatoes to make tomato jam?

I had no idea. Thank you for sharing!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsOctober 20, 2011
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf51362327.tip.html