Party ThemesParties

Cheap Art Deco Party Decoration Ideas

I am planning a 1930's Nightclub theme party in the nursing home where I am doing my student placement. I am looking for ideas for decorations in the Art Deco style REALLY CHEAP as the facility that I am in cannot give me any funds for decorations. I am hoping to make these myself. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Helen from Toronto

By Michele (Guest Post)

http://aolsearc  ver&ie=UTF-8

try this

By Marietta - guest (Guest Post)

If you have a local www.freecycle.com, you could post asking for 30s deco for a good cause, and may well receive some really nice freebies.

By Kelly (Guest Post)

Find some clip art that goes with your theme. Print it on over head paper and then use an overhead projector to project in on a large piece of paper taped on the wall. Trace around the shadow of the object that you have projected.

Now fill in the outline with black marker and you have large black and white sihlouettes that can be used to decorate walls. I am picturing the outline of a couple dancing or art deco graphics.