Protection and Treatment for Insect Bites

I got bit by some little red ants about two weeks ago, they are now infected and look horrible. What can I put on them to heal?

By jessica from Lubbock, TX

I am being bitten by what I think may be fleas. They are painful bites causing swelling and itchy at the site. What can I use or do to protect me that is non-invasive, as well what to I put on them now that I have been bitten. The bite and itch last a long time.

Charlene

Please check your bed on the edge of the mattress I thought that 5 years ago and when I thought about it I checked my mattress on the edges it just might be bedbugs very itchy and sometimes it bites but you cant see anything where you just got bit you will see black little stains that the infestation of them very different ways that the bites look like......

Please don't try and doctor them yourself. You shouldn't have waited two weeks.

Go to the nearest hospital emergency ward to get treatment ASAP. Ask the hospital for a referral with either a dermatologist or allergist.

Anonymous

Run, don't walk, to your nearest emergency room now and especially since they are infected! This is nothing to play around with! Among other things, you can get Cellulitis, which is a staph infection, that spreads inside your body and can cause damage to internal organs and possible death! Never, ever wait to get medical attention when there's any infection!

I would go to the doctor with these, but if they are not as bad as they sound, perhaps an antibiotic salve from the drug store would aid the healing. Ask the pharmacist for a recommendation.

I'd try aloe vera. Go to a health food store and inquire.

By the way, I'm your neighbor it seems. Live in Lubbock also.

Make some poultice of Epsom salts. This helps draw out the poisons and heal. Just spent a month with hives that looked like chicken pox. Found the ES was the best pain reliever, itch reliever, detoxed the poisons from the system. The doctors added steroids, etc but they did not do what the ES did. I got antibiotics too. Make sure you check with the doctor on the full body infection that can come. 4 year old had severe bug bites the that swelled the size of soft balls. Started ES and went to the doctor who said to stay with the soakings and if not better, call back for med instructions. He thought the ES would work fine. And it did.