Chop and Wait Before Cooking With Garlic

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 267 Posts

There is new scientific evidence that eating garlic may reduce your chances of getting a heart attack. In order to be most effective, the garlic needs to be chopped up and sauteed or cooked for a short while. The beneficial ingredient will develop over time so be sure to chop up the garlic and let it sit for about 10 minutes before using.

Usually I would chop the garlic as my last step before throwing it in the pan. Now I just make sure to mince or press garlic as my first step when cooking and then prep the rest of the food. It is easy enough to do if I know it is important.

Source: I read about this in Cooking Light magazine. It was such an easy change in my routine that I thought I would share it with everyone else.

Jess in Oregon

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 213 Posts

It's the same way with carrots... The Beta Carotene is more easily assimilated if the carrots are cooked a bit.

By Jenny (Guest Post)

What a great tip! Thanks for sharing

Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingSeptember 4, 2008
😎
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf83317301.tip.html