Uses for Leftover Wrapping Paper

Having run out of tissue paper for packing around gifts, I shredded some wrapping paper. It looked great. Now instead of paper gift wrap (even the most crumpled bit! ) going to the bin it goes in the shredder and I have my recycled packaging.

Happy new yew year to you all.

From Derry/Londonderry U.K City of culture 2013

10 More Solutions

I use leftover holiday wrapping paper all year long in my sewing room. I hate working with flimsy tissue paper patterns so I lay them out on the white back of the wrapping paper and transfer them with a Sharpie (it bleeds through the tissue).

If you are like me, you do not like to store left over wrapping paper, what a hassle. Instead of storing it I turn it over and use the back side for wrapping gifts, boxes to store magazines in, or organizing bins.

If you're like me, you have way too much wrapping paper left over from Christmas. I turn it over, white side up, and staple it to the wall in my kids' room for their artistic whims to go wild! They love decorating their new "wallpaper".

If you make your own sewing patterns or make duplicate patterns or revisions to patterns like I do, use your old Christmas wrapping paper or Christmas tissue paper, it makes great patterns!

Wrapping Paper for Wall Art. While at a book store, I found some beautiful wrapping paper. The one I chose was several rows of cats. . .

I use leftover wrapping paper from holidays to practice my origami sea turtle craft. I still have to perfect the feet on the sea turtle. I don't like to practice with the regular paper until I get it right.

Here's my favorite tip for left over "Xmas Print" wrapping paper: I sew and like to alter or make my own patterns so, my favorite "Christmas Left Over Tip" is to use left over Christmas wrapping paper for making patterns with.

What are some uses for scrap wrapping paper?

Answers

Best Answer

Shred it for gift bags or make gift tags with it.

Best Answer

Small Junk journals! There are tons of easy to follow videos on YouTube! I have made them to keep in my purse to write shopping lists and such. Mine have an old greeting card for a cover and I have used gift wrap for the pages (signatures). You can make them with very simple sewing techniques or Elmer's glue. They make great stocking stuffers!

Best Answer

Decoupage is a great way to use up these types of paper. You can make some beautiful decoupage bowls, recycled bottles, plates and so much more. It is a fun craft and so easy to do.

Best Answer

Here are some ideas:

• Make a greeting card
  • Collage of scrap wrapping paper greeting card
  • Gift tags
  • Make envelopes
  • Shredded confetti
  • DIY bows
  • Make origami
  • Wrap a notebook (collage the notebook)
  • Wrap gifts
Best Answer

You could make beautiful book covers,put in photo frames as a matte or photo!

Answer this Question

What are some uses for leftover Christmas paper?

Emily from Greenwood, SC

Answers

Emily, I remember my grandma saving all of her wrapping paper to reuse the next year! I think that some of the papers that I have seen would be pretty enough to frame or cover with clear laminate and make placemats from it. I had paper that had country looking angels on it, I cut out the angels and used a glue stick to apply them to white cardstock and made cards for the next Christmas. I also reuse cards by cutting them into gift tags or cutting out the pictures on the front and glue them to cardstock to make new cards. You could use the paper for decoupage and cover just about anything like boxes, paper lamp shades, or book covers. I used wrapping paper in my living room to cover all the pictures on my walls and tied them with pretty bows so they all looked like presents. I don't decorate too much at Christmas, so the presents on the wall really looked festive!

By (Guest Post)

Run thru a paper shredder and use it in the bottom of gift baskets next year.

By Jennifer (Guest Post)

Just use the opposite "white"side and decorate as you please for any occasion gift.

Thanks for the ideas for using wrapping paper. I need to get busy and try some of these!
Warm wishes from SC
Emily

By wordswork (Guest Post)

Here are directions for a very neat tree ornament
www.thriftyfun.com/tf54541769.tip.html

Cheers,
Rose Anne

By Catherine (Guest Post)

glue or tape to outside of boxes, then pack ornaments and other holiday items. you'll
be able to find your seasonal items that much
faster next year.
glue or tape on shoe boxes for decorative storage.
Enjoy the holidays!

Answer this Question

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Holidays and Parties Gifts Wrapping PaperFebruary 29, 2012
🐰
🍀
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf91807061.tip.html