Feed Family for a Week

When funds are low, I will buy a turkey or a couple of whole chickens. All I need are some veggies. I cook the chicken the first night and then take all of the meat I can off the bones and put in the fridge. Then I take all of the bones and put them in broth and start my base of onions, celery, and carrots. I put half of it in the freezer for later, the other half I make into soup.

I can make dumplings, put in some noodles, or thicken it to make open faced sandwiches. Then I will take the leftovers from the first night and make a casserole or sandwiches, or take some taco seasoning and make tacos out of it. I will get 5 to 6 meals with leftovers. By the way, I have a family of 5 with one on the way and entertain often!

By Michele from IN

Thanks for the tip. You are an amazing lady and a thrifty Mom. Best wishes.

Thanks Michele. We do this in our house too and even have a competition to see who can think of the most uses!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cheap MealsJuly 1, 2010
💘
🍀