Recycled Spiral T-shirt Scarf
Here's a unique scarf created from an XL or XXL t-shirt that would make a great Christmas or birthday gift. Add a coordinating handmade flower pin to make it even more stylish.
Approximate Time: about 30 minutes
- XL or XXL t-shirt
- 9- or 10-inch plate or similar item
- needle and thread to match t-shirts or sewing machine
- flower pin
- Lay your t-shirt out flat.
- Use a plate or other circular object to trace around onto shirt.
- Try to get 8-12 circles from the shirt (4-6 circles from each side).
- Cut out all of the circles from the shirt. Then cut each circle into a spiral pattern, beginning at outer edge.
- Once they are all cut out, stretch them out and tug on them slightly. This will help create spirals.
- Lay them out one by one, overlapping them slightly in the center. Stitch across the center to hold them together.
- Once you tie it around your neck, you can add a fabric flower pin to dress it up.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!