Treating Canine Rash

My dog does not do well at the vet's, but she gets a wicked rash every summer. It is red and scaly and seems uncomfortable. Instead of a trip to the vet (which involves sedation for her, and frayed nerves for me), I tried applying athlete's foot cream daily, then put an old T-shirt on her to keep her from ingesting the medicine. It clears up this rash quite effectively.

The shirt probably keeps her from scratching herself raw and places a barrier between her and the grass/bugs that might have caused the rash.

By jules78 from PA

What a great idea! I have the same problem with one of my dogs. Not the anxiety but she does suffer every summer from insect bites along her belly. She's a dachshund so is short-legged, and for some reason the chiggers, ants and mosquitoes attack her something fierce every summer. They don't bother my other dachsie, but they sure love her!

I'm going to search out a t-shirt to fit her and maybe it'll help to keep them off of her.

By the way, I do treat both dogs for fleas and ticks, and don't find any of those on either one of the dogs. I've also tried numerous home remedies to prevent the bugs from attacking her, but haven't found one that works on her yet.

I have used the athletes foot cream with tolfanate in it and it kills the fungus. I did the with my Dobie with permission of my vet.

Dry Borax in the carpets. Cedercide (Pound and a half average yard) . Clean up the diet. No grocery aisle foods. No corn wheat or soy. Cook big pot short grain brown rice, lentils, ground turkey, little sea salt, little coconut oil. Mix in some raw vegetables,even fruit. Healthy. Other stuff to cook They love sweet potatoes. Some love a bowl of raw peas. Just find healthy. Bet your baby has an allergy or a fungus because of corn. Grocery store pet food's # 1 ingredient is corn.

No vaccines. Build the immune system. Do not tear it down with insertion of mercury, rotting monkey brains, human fetal cells, formaldehyde, aluminum, raw puss and other disgusting sickenign things.

Consider that a "summer rash" is often the result of lawn fertilizer (especially in Dachshunds). It would be cleared up by wearing a t shirt. Changing to an organic fertilizer clears it up right away and the dog doesn't have to wear a shirt.

Listerine mouth wash - amber colored only - no green or pink or any other color but the light brown (amber) is wonderful for itch and fungus. Often as you wish and be sure to get the feet. Spray bottle, pour on or soaked cotton to apply. Build the immune system by no vaccines, good food with no corn wheat or soy. Dry borax your carpeted areas and pet beds. Nzymes (Nzymes.com) are wonderful for skin especially but good all over for general health.