Boxer Mix Photos

Category Dogs
Some of the best family pets are mixed breed dogs. This guide contains Boxer mix photos.

Does my dog look like a Pit Bull?

Shaheem from Syracuse, NY

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Anonymous

First off your dog looks amazing! It could possibly be a Boxer Bullmastiff mix or Boxweiler (Boxer / Rottweiler mix) since your dog looks large but a Rhodesian Ridgeback/ boxer mix would be large too. It is very possible your dog could be mixed with multiple other breeds too like a Pitbull.

I am looking for any info on Shepherd Boxer mixed dogs.

mny81 from Rockford, IL

Answer Was this helpful? 1

AW it's so cute. I have a boxer/ shepherd myself, whose name is Samson. His face looks like a shepherd and his body is most like a boxer, First off let me tell you they are extremely intelligent. Don't underestimate them just because they're "Mixed". Second they need a lot of exercise. Mine is only about 4 months old and he can already run faster than me. Also since they like to be active they eat more than usual.Third if the puppy has long ears you might need to clean them. Use a damp cotton ball. Fourth puppies really like to chew, since their cutting teeth, rawhide bones are really good for their dental health, and they have extremely sharp teeth, so watch out for your hands they could nip you and not even mean or realize it. Fifth they have sharp nails; they'll need to be clipped. Sixth they need regular trips to the vet, as all dogs do. They are protective and territorial so the visits to the vet should be good for them.

And obviously, love.

I would love to know what breed my dog might be. The shelter said she was just a Lab, but I think she's mixed. Just curious really.

Heather from Bradenton, FL

The speckle on the front legs looks like Australian Cattle Dog/Red Heeler. Thanks for the really clear photo!

What breed does my dog look like she has in her? Looks like Boxer mix, but not too sure.

Meghan from LA

Wow, I almost fell off my chair when I saw this pic. Look at my dog, Sadie, below. I am trying to figure out what breed she is also. NO idea. She could at least be a sister to your dog. She's standing at attention because we are at the dog park and Daddy is going to throw the ball for her. hee hee

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Your Pet's Age
She's 7 years old.

Your Pet's Breed
Boxer Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
My husband helped delivery all 7 puppies. Pandora's mom was a deaf white Boxer. The owner of the mom was my husband's mom.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
She loves to go to the lake and swim. She likes to play fetch. She is very affectionate.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Pandora has been trained with both hand signals and verbal. She is my ears when I'm sleeping as I have to wear hearing aides. When I sleep (when my husband is gone nights) Pandora will let me know if something/someone is around. She'll bump the bed hard enough that I wake up and see what/who is intruding "our" space. We couldn't ask for a more loyal friend than Pandora!

Comment Like this photo? Yes

Tyson is a three year old rescue dog. His original owners tried to train him to fight, but he refused. They let their other, much bigger dogs attack Tyson, and they left him for dead. He was rescued by Animal Control, who then fostered him out to be nursed back to health. We adopted him from his foster family.

We had him for about 3 months, when our landlord decided to change the pet policy for the house we were living in. We went from being able to have any pet we wanted, to having to pay a $250 deposit for a dog we already had as well as $75 extra on our rent each month. We just couldn't afford it. We ended up giving Tyson to a family we knew would take care of him.

Fast forward an entire year. We had moved to a different house, pets were allowed with no fees. I was looking on Craigslist one day and happened to come across MY Tyson! The family we gave him to was moving and couldn't take him with. Instead of contacting me first, they put him on Craigslist. I called immediately and got my baby boy back!

We've had him back for about 9 months now, we are all so happy :) Tyson loves to chase birds, play fetch, and tug-of-war. He's a big dog, with that "guard-dog" look, but he's such a softie. He will lick you to death. Anyone that comes to the door, he is right there to greet them with a smile and a friendly lick. Tyson thinks he's a lap dog, too. His favorite place to sleep is curled up on the couch with his head in my lap.

By Kelsey

Tyson on black background.

Comment Like this photo? 22

What a great story....how lucky for him that you found him again. My husband had a dog he won years ago in a card game for a pair of 2's. The man had knocked all the dogs teeth out so he could train his puppies to fight him and not get bit. He was a boxer, that dog loved my husband beyond belief. It made me sick to my stomach to hear that someone could do that to an animal and the man was married...Lucky Tyson and thanks for sharing your wonderful story. Rescue dogs are unbelieveably wonderful if you can get them past their history~

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Your Pet's Age
1 year 2 months

Your Pet's Breed
Great Dane/Boxer

How and when did you get your pet?
I rescued him from the streets at 3 weeks old.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He loves to chew on water bottles and tennis balls.

Although he resembles a Pit Bull, my baby is a Great Dane/Boxer mix. Blue thinks he's a lap dog. Shhhh I won't tell him.

Comment Like this photo? 3

Jaxs in pool.

Jaxs is a 1 1/2 year-old Shepherd and Boxer mix. Jaxs was homeless. A friend found him when he was a baby, all alone on the road. Jaxs loves to run and play in the yard with his newly acquired brother.

Barkley and Petey

Barkley is 10 years old and a Pointer/Lab mix and Petey is 10 weeks old and a Boxer mix. Barkley was adopted from the San Diego County Animal Shelter. Petey was a gift from my best friend in PA.

Black and white puppy.

Bosswell is 2 months old. He is a boxer and Australian Shepherd. I got him from a friend. He likes to play with his toys. He is the coolest dog alive and my friend.

Sam (Boxer Pug Mix)

I rescued Sam in 2014. Sam loves to ride in the golf cart when I'm hosting at the state park. He clears the sites of squirrels so I can clean. He loves to kayak and hike and will run next to me when I mountain bike. I couldn't ask for a better dog.

Grapping mom's nose.

After getting my compact camera I was sort of fascinated with all the different picture modes and had decided to experiment with some evening shots. Ginger was standing on the picnic table and I walked up to her and told her to grab my nose.

Teen with dog and puppy.

Petey was a gift to me from my friend in PA back in August. My niece fell in love with him, and when Petey's mom had another litter a few months ago, I arranged to give her one as a gift. They are the best of pals.

Pete in the garden with rubeckia and dasies in foreground.

Pete is a 2 year old Boxer/Walker. Some people were giving away puppies out of the back of a pickup truck at a local store and that's where I found Pete.

Mason at the beach with sunset behind him.

Mason is a 3 year old Boxadore (Boxer/Lab mix). We adopted Mason from a rescue last October. His previous owner suddenly had to move into a nursing home. Mason loves to run, play tug-of-war and fetch with his favorite toy, and be as close to us as physically possible.

Willow with her binky.

Willow was a Christmas gift to my children. We wrapped her up in an old Pepsi box and the kids thought it was soda!

light brown Pit with white on neck and chest

My family and some friends got these pups when they were about 6 weeks old (in Oct 2014) from a family hit hard by poverty. The momma passed shortly after giving birth to a full litter. We promised ourselves and Max that from that day on he would always have a loving and nurturing family.

Evie (Boxer Mix)

Unleashed pet rescue, August 4, 2016. She likes to play, play, and play some more.

Tan dog with Lab like ears.

Duke is a 10 month old Boxer/Hound mix. We got him from a guy my husband worked with. He loves to play with his buddy Eddie our other dog.

Man and Dog Singing Together

While changing the batteries in my camera I noticed my husband trying to get our Ginger to howl. Ginger howls when she's happy and it seemed like they were having a very private conversation.

Bailey (Boxer Mix)

In March of 2015, I heard of a dog in a bad situation that needed a new home. It didn't matter what kind or age or what, it only mattered that she needed me as much as I needed her.

White puppy.

Davey is 13 weeks old. He is a German Shepherd/Boxer mix. We got him at a pet store, March 1, 2011. He likes to chase my 4 year old.

taupe and white puppy

I signed up to foster the puppy after the mom and dad were found wandering on the highway.

Browning sitting on sandstone ledge in front of pictographs.

Browning is a 4 year old Boxer/Hound. We got him as a 6 week old puppy from a rescue shelter, 4 years ago. Browning loves to track scents of anyone or anything, people or animals.

Closeup of Rocco.

Rocco is 10 years old. He is a Labrador/Boxer mix. My ex-husband had adopted him from the pound when he was 3 months old. I met Rocco when he was 8 months old. It was love at first sight.

Jax wearing a birthday hat.

This is Jax's first birthday photo. A friend gave him to me. He likes to chew up everything that is not his. He particularly loves to play fetch and swim in the pool. He loves to chase lizards or anything else.

Mandi with feet up on an ottoman with an open book.

Mandi is 11 years old this year (2010). She is a Basenji and Boxer mix. I adopted her from a rescue in 2003. She love to go for walks, long ones at the beach! Mandi is a very loving girl, she is so kind and quiet!

Rusty at fridge water dispenser.

Rusty Girl is a 5 year old Boxer/German Shepherd mix. I rescued her from the pound. She had been abandoned, and had health problems resulting in surgery. By that time, she was in my heart and cost meant nothing.

Closeup of tan dog.

Joey is 7 years old. We were told when we adopted him that he was a Boxer/Beagle mix, but he kind of looks like an oversized Puggle! We adopted him from anti-cruelty in 2002.

Ginger with her head on a blanket.

Ginger is a 6 year old Boxer, Border Terrier mix. Ginger was a foster dog that we adopted when she was 2 years old. She likes to sit by the front window, chase squirrels and I also made up a game called Pinchy Bug that I play with her.

Max (Boxer)

Max is a 20 month old boxer. I got him on September 30, 2008.

Max (Boxer)

Closeup of face.

I got Rox a little over a year ago from the shelter I was working at. She reached her paw out to me one day and I was in love! She hasn't left my side since.

Harley on couch.

Harley is 4 years old and is a Great Dane/Boxer mix. He is my sister and brother-in-laws baby.