Boxer Mix Photos

Category Dogs
Boxer Mix
Some of the best family pets are mixed breed dogs. This guide contains Boxer mix photos.

Does my dog look like a Pit Bull?

Shaheem from Syracuse, NY

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Answers

Looks like a mix with boxer in there somewhere.

Just by looking at the picture, my 1st impression was shepherd/boxer w/ maybe lab somewhere in there...

He looks like a Rhodesian(sp?) Ridgeback. Is the fur down his spine a darker color? If so, then he could be. I also see Staffordshire in him possibly?

Hi, I have your dogs twin sister. We got her at the pound. The person that turned her in said that she is a boxer mix. Mixed with what? I don't know. Loretta

Looks like there might be some in there. Looks a lot like my daughter, Gracie's dog and she's a pit bull.

I doubt that your dog is a pit bull. These dogs are bred mostly from Bull Terriers with a conglomeration of other breeds thrown in. The photo looks mothing like one. My guess, after 30 years of showing dogs, would be with "Retrosarah" in the Rodesian Ridgeback/Staffordshire then again, it's also possible that there is boxer in there. Without seeing the animal in person, or at least more photos from different angles, it's really hard to say for sure. Is there a specific reason you need to know? or is it just curiosity? It's also possible that this dog is a pure breed but just not the standard look for the breed. I've seen a lot of dogs who are purebred and look more like a mix.

Either way, the dog looks like a sweetie.

I own a pit bull and I don't think your dog is one. However, I think your dog is a real cutie.

Hi, your dog looks like an "Old English Bull dog'. My son has one. She is almost 5 months old. So cute, has a long tail and looks so much like your dog.

Donna Victoria B.C.

I think Retrosarah got your breed. Looks like a Rhodesian Ridgeback to me too. My sister has a dog that has similar looks. She has pit bull terrier/Rhodesian. Sorry I don't have a better facial shot. The adorable Dalmatian is mine. These kissy girls had a blast together this past Christmas.

Dal was 11 mo. & PBT/Rhodesian 7 years old.

Jennifer CA

I just added more photos.

Your dog is a boxer. The ears have not been clipped and your dog is adorable. We have a 13 year old boxer and dearly love her. In England they do not clip the ears.

I am looking for any info on Shepherd Boxer mixed dogs.

mny81 from Rockford, IL

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I would love to know what breed my dog might be. The shelter said she was just a Lab, but I think she's mixed. Just curious really.

Heather from Bradenton, FL

Our friends have one that looks similar. It is a golden lab and German shepherd mix. Very nice dog!

I see no German Shepherd whatsoever in your dog. But I do agree she is very nice! I would say more of Lab and Pointer.

Actually, it looks like a boxer mix.

I think your dog looks like a boxer mix. We had one when I was growing up. They are good dogs.

She is a BEAUTY, whatever the breed! I, too, believe she looks part Boxer. I've had purebred and mixed German Shepherds.... and she doesn't look like she has any GSD in her.

Grandma Jan & Kato the wonder Dog

What breed does my dog look like she has in her? Looks like Boxer mix, but not too sure.

Meghan from LA

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but she is a CUTEY! I sure hope her little leg has gotten better. :)

My dogs are mixes too. We just rely on what the humane centers told us, but you never really know do you?

I grew up with a male dog that looked very much like that and he was part boxer. We actually raised boxers for a while, and I bet you anything that dog is part boxer. My guess is boxer lab mix. What a sweet face!

Ahhhh, what a face...hope her leg heals real soon. xoxo to her, sorry but you did not include her name.

Looks like Boxer/Lab to me as well. Very cute!

I'm feeling dubious about the boxer, because that breed has slack lips. She could be part min pinscher, part smooth terrier...does she put her ears up to a point naturally, or are the ears meant to flop at the tips? If they point up, she could be part red heeler.

Her name is Sweetie. She isn't a small dog either. I know med. sized dog clothes won't fit they are too small. And her leg healed well the pic is a good two years old. Tough dog though has gotten hit twice and survived both times. Thank GOD.

A little more about her is: she is very hyper at times, needs a lot of attention, very good guard dog, great mothering instincts and is very muscular and her tail I'm guessing was cut off. (she tends to steal stuffed animals and actual puppies from other dogs to keep as her own lol)

No her ears stay like that. Don't stand straight up.

Well she looks like a full blooded boxer with out her ears done and she was probably the runt as to her size.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Tyson is a three year old rescue dog. His original owners tried to train him to fight, but he refused. They let their other, much bigger dogs attack Tyson, and they left him for dead. He was rescued by Animal Control, who then fostered him out to be nursed back to health. We adopted him from his foster family.

We had him for about 3 months, when our landlord decided to change the pet policy for the house we were living in. We went from being able to have any pet we wanted, to having to pay a $250 deposit for a dog we already had as well as $75 extra on our rent each month. We just couldn't afford it. We ended up giving Tyson to a family we knew would take care of him.

Fast forward an entire year. We had moved to a different house, pets were allowed with no fees. I was looking on Craigslist one day and happened to come across MY Tyson! The family we gave him to was moving and couldn't take him with. Instead of contacting me first, they put him on Craigslist. I called immediately and got my baby boy back!

We've had him back for about 9 months now, we are all so happy :) Tyson loves to chase birds, play fetch, and tug-of-war. He's a big dog, with that "guard-dog" look, but he's such a softie. He will lick you to death. Anyone that comes to the door, he is right there to greet them with a smile and a friendly lick. Tyson thinks he's a lap dog, too. His favorite place to sleep is curled up on the couch with his head in my lap.

By Kelsey

Tyson on black background.

Comment Like this photo? 22

Bosswell is 2 months old. He is a boxer and Australian Shepherd. I got him from a friend. He likes to play with his toys. He is the coolest dog alive and my friend.

By Teri from Ketchikan, AK

Black and white puppy.

Comment Like this photo? 2

Barkley is 10 years old and a Pointer/Lab mix and Petey is 10 weeks old and a Boxer mix. Barkley was adopted from the San Diego County Animal Shelter. Petey was a gift from my best friend in PA.

They like to swim at the beach! This was Petey's first visit to our local Dog Beach in Ocean Beach/ San Diego. Barkley is an avid swimmer and decided that little Petey needed some help getting back to shore, so he swam over to him, grabbed his leash and literally towed him in to shore. He kept on pulling until Petey was all the way up on the dry sand! It was stunning and hilarious to watch.

He wasn't taught to do it, he just loves to tug and pull on anything with a rope, (including my son on his boogie board when he was 10 years old.) Now Petey has a friend for life when he goes swimming!

By DNapolitan from San Diego, CA

Barkley and Petey

Comment Like this photo? 16

Jaxs is a 1 1/2 year old Shepherd and boxer mix. Jaxs was homeless. A friend found him when he was a baby, all alone on the road. Jaxs loves to run and play in the yard with his newly acquired brother.

Jaxs also loves to float in the pool on a noodle. He gets his front paw on his noodle all by himself, but needs help with the back noodle. He also needs help with the sunglasses. Jaxs will stay in the pool and float for a long time. He is such a adorable loving boy.

By Sandra

Jaxs in pool.

Comment Like this photo? 26

This is Petey and Marla. Petey is 9 months old and Marla is 10 weeks old. They are Boxer, English Bull dog, and Shepherd mix. Petey was a gift to me from my friend in PA back in August. My niece fell in love with him, and when Petey's mom had another litter a few months ago, I arranged to give her one as a gift.

They are the best of pals. You can see that they look very much alike. Pete can be a bit of a brute, but Marla doesn't let him get away with too much either. We are so curious to see what she looks like when she is Petey's age. Whenever my niece has them out and about, they sure stop traffic. What a blessing they are in our lives.

This is a photo of my son with them in our back yard last week. These two wrestle non-stop, but I'd have to say eating is their favorite pastime. There's nothing more endearing than seeing these two snuggle up together on their dog bed and take a nap. They fight just like any brother and sister, but at the end of the day, they are perfect pals.

By D. Napolitan from San Diego, CA

Teen with dog and puppy.

Comment Like this photo? 26

After getting my compact camera I was sort of fascinated with all the different picture modes and had decided to experiment with some evening shots. Ginger was standing on the picnic table and I walked up to her and told her to grab my nose.

Grapping mom's nose.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 15

Pete is a 2 year old Boxer/Walker. Some people were giving away puppies out of the back of a pickup truck at a local store and that's where I found Pete.

Pete in the garden with rubeckia and dasies in foreground.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

Mason is a 3 year old Boxadore (Boxer/Lab mix). We adopted Mason from a rescue last October. His previous owner suddenly had to move into a nursing home. Mason loves to run, play tug-of-war and fetch with his favorite toy, and be as close to us as physically possible.

Mason at the beach with sunset behind him.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

Duke is a 10 month old Boxer/Hound mix. We got him from a guy my husband worked with. He loves to play with his buddy Eddie our other dog.

Tan dog with Lab like ears.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

While changing the batteries in my camera I noticed my husband trying to get our Ginger to howl. Ginger howls when she's happy and it seemed like they were having a very private conversation.

Man and Dog Singing Together

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

Willow was a Christmas gift to my children. We wrapped her up in an old Pepsi box and the kids thought it was soda!

Willow with her binky.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Davey is 13 weeks old. He is a German Shepherd/Boxer mix. We got him at a pet store, March 1, 2011. He likes to chase my 4 year old.

White puppy.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

I rescued Sam in 2014. Sam loves to ride in the golf cart when I'm hosting at the state park. He clears the sites of squirrels so I can clean. He loves to kayak and hike and will run next to me when I mountain bike. I couldn't ask for a better dog.

Sam (Boxer Pug Mix)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Browning is a 4 year old Boxer/Hound. We got him as a 6 week old puppy from a rescue shelter, 4 years ago. Browning loves to track scents of anyone or anything, people or animals.

Browning sitting on sandstone ledge in front of pictographs.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

Rocco is 10 years old. He is a Labrador/Boxer mix. My ex-husband had adopted him from the pound when he was 3 months old. I met Rocco when he was 8 months old. It was love at first sight.

Closeup of Rocco.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Mandi is 11 years old this year (2010). She is a Basenji and Boxer mix. I adopted her from a rescue in 2003. She love to go for walks, long ones at the beach! Mandi is a very loving girl, she is so kind and quiet!

Mandi with feet up on an ottoman with an open book.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

This is Jax's first birthday photo. A friend gave him to me. He likes to chew up everything that is not his. He particularly loves to play fetch and swim in the pool. He loves to chase lizards or anything else.

Jax wearing a birthday hat.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Rusty Girl is a 5 year old Boxer/German Shepherd mix. I rescued her from the pound. She had been abandoned, and had health problems resulting in surgery. By that time, she was in my heart and cost meant nothing.

Rusty at fridge water dispenser.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

My family and some friends got these pups when they were about 6 weeks old (in Oct 2014) from a family hit hard by poverty. The momma passed shortly after giving birth to a full litter. We promised ourselves and Max that from that day on he would always have a loving and nurturing family.

light brown Pit with white on neck and chest

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6
Load More