Cleaning a George Foreman Grill

Cleaning your George Foreman grill is actually quite easy, if you consistently follow a couple of simple steps. This is a guide about cleaning a George Foreman grill.

George Foreman Grill
Filter Sort

Question: Getting Fish Smell Off George Foreman Grill

I have a George Foreman grill and someone cooked fish it in. I have tried cleaning it but it still smells like fish. I am not a big fan of fish. Does anyone have any tips for removing the smell? Thanks, Diane

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By guest client (Guest Post) Flag

Wipe it down with lemon or vinager.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Barbara Hafendorfer 1 Flag

Spray with vinager and then sprinkle with baking soda let sit for a few minutes and rinse.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Dan 50 Flag

Heat it up to maximum and keep it hot for an hour or so. The fish odor will burn away.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning My George Foreman Grill

By laura 4 6

How do we clean a George Foreman indoor grill? A sponge came with it, but it does nothing for cleaning up the grill after using. Thanks for any help.

By Laura from IL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By Laurie 1 2 Flag

A tip I learned from the lady handing out samples in the grocery store: I line my GF grill, top and bottom, with aluminum foil. Clean up is no longer a problem.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Pam T 19 27 Flag

I normally wet an old dish cioth so it's soaking wet, and make sure the grill is either sitting in the sink, or on something that will catch the spillage. Close the lid on it so the wet cloth hits top and bottom. After letting it sit a bit, I'm always able to simply wipe out the residue with little to no effort.

Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Easy George Foreman Grill Clean Up

By Carol B. 1 2

We use our small George Foreman grill a lot, and have a great tip for easy cleaning. Once we take the food off the grill and unplug it, we take a doubled up paper towel and wet it, wring it out just so there is still wetness to it. While the grill is still warm, lay the wet paper towel on the grill and close the lid. By the time you're done with dinner, clean up will be a snap. This works every time and saves from having to scrub!

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning a George Foreman Grill

By carolyn 1

My George Foreman grill is wonderful, but I have a problem cleaning it. Sometimes I cook steak with marinade or burgers with cheese and it gets caked on and it is very hard to get clean even with the provided scraper. Please help me clean my grill. It actually gets burnt on grease and I can't get it off and I don't want to throw it in garbage.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Syd's 2 Cents 1 4 Flag

When you finish cooking, immediately put a wet paper towel on the grill & close the lid, it will steam & loosen any particles. When finished enjoying what you cooked wipe the grill plates down with a clean wet paper towel, it will come clean.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Recoating a George Forman Grill

I have a George Foreman grill, model 3 GR30Bw. Can the coating be re-done on this model? Someone cleaned it, scrubbed it and took a lot of the coating off!

By Karen H.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Diane 13 62 Flag

My Foreman Grill gas also lost some of its Teflon coating. I cover the surface with aluminum foil. Makes clean up easier, too. As far as I know, there is no safe way to repair the surface. You might be able to replace the part, though; I would contact the manufacturer.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Cleaning Electric Grilling Machines

An easy way to clean an electric grilling machine is to put wet paper towels on the bottom surface, close the cover and plug it in. In a short while the cooking surface debris will be easy to wipe off. Using a pair of tongs, move the paper towel around and rub off the debris. Make sure to hang the grill a little over the edge of the sink to catch drips and please be careful of the hot machine.

Important: Be sure to unplug it as soon as it softens the debris and before you start to rub it off.

By SueKaf

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJune 12, 2013
      ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
      George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
      Replacement Parts for George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
      Steaks on George Foreman Grill
      Using A George Foreman Grill
      George Foreman Grill
      George Foreman Grill Recipes
      older manual for Foreman grill
      Manual for George Foreman Grill
      © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:30:14 AM on 10.0.0.34 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestions
      NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
      Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
      BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
      CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings