Cleaning a George Foreman Grill

Category Appliances
Cleaning your George Foreman grill is actually quite easy, if you consistently follow a couple of simple steps. This is a guide about cleaning a George Foreman grill.

We use our small George Foreman grill a lot, and have a great tip for easy cleaning. Once we take the food off the grill and unplug it, we take a doubled up paper towel and wet it, wring it out just so there is still wetness to it. While the grill is still warm, lay the wet paper towel on the grill and close the lid. By the time you're done with dinner, clean up will be a snap. This works every time and saves from having to scrub!

I use aluminum foil to 'line' the grill. Take two pieces, lay them on top and bottom and put the food in between. Still get the grate markings and no cleanup.

An easy way to clean an electric grilling machine is to put wet paper towels on the bottom surface, close the cover and plug it in. In a short while the cooking surface debris will be easy to wipe off. Using a pair of tongs, move the paper towel around and rub off the debris. Make sure to hang the grill a little over the edge of the sink to catch drips and please be careful of the hot machine.

Important: Be sure to unplug it as soon as it softens the debris and before you start to rub it off.

By SueKaf

Two things I wanted to mention ...

1. Bed Bath & Beyond sells a grooved sponge type thing to clean the GF Grills @ $4.99.

2. I keep a "GF Grill grunge sponge" (my name for it) and as soon as I remove the food from the grill I give a quick wipe with the damp sponge ... I think it works better than the wet paper thingy ... for me anyway!

I did the wet paper towel thing and all I had was dried towel.

How do we clean a George Foreman indoor grill? A sponge came with it, but it does nothing for cleaning up the grill after using. Thanks for any help.

By Laura from IL

Best Answer

A tip I learned from the lady handing out samples in the grocery store: I line my GF grill, top and bottom, with aluminum foil. Clean up is no longer a problem.

Best Answer

I normally wet an old dish cioth so it's soaking wet, and make sure the grill is either sitting in the sink, or on something that will catch the spillage. Close the lid on it so the wet cloth hits top and bottom. After letting it sit a bit, I'm always able to simply wipe out the residue with little to no effort.

Good luck!

The best way to clean your George Foreman Grill, is to number one, never use an aerosol spray. Number two, as soon as you take out the food, put a WET cloth towel in the grill and close the lid. When you are done eating, wipe it clean with the same cloth. If it doesn't come completely clean, take your grill over to the edge of the sink and use warm soapy water and a dish rag. It will be clean in no time!

Also, for great George Foreman Grill recipes, go to:

http://www.grou  ge_Foreman_Grill

Two recipes are delivered to your email-box every day, with one being a panini recipe. 'Healthy' recipes on Friday... ;o)

I used the paper towel method too and then if I had something that was really stuck on, I would leave the paper towels and use my spaghetti lifter to clean it further. I now have one with removable grates. If you enjoy using a George Foreman grill, I suggest you get one with the removable grates to make it really easy. It is a life saver! I love mine!

I have a George Foreman grill and someone cooked fish it in. I have tried cleaning it but it still smells like fish. I am not a big fan of fish. Does anyone have any tips for removing the smell? Thanks, Diane

Best Answer

Wipe it down with lemon or vinager.

Best Answer

Spray with vinager and then sprinkle with baking soda let sit for a few minutes and rinse.

Best Answer

Heat it up to maximum and keep it hot for an hour or so. The fish odor will burn away.

buy a new one and don't cook fish in it

My George Foreman grill is wonderful, but I have a problem cleaning it. Sometimes I cook steak with marinade or burgers with cheese and it gets caked on and it is very hard to get clean even with the provided scraper. Please help me clean my grill. It actually gets burnt on grease and I can't get it off and I don't want to throw it in garbage.

When you finish cooking, immediately put a wet paper towel on the grill & close the lid, it will steam & loosen any particles. When finished enjoying what you cooked wipe the grill plates down with a clean wet paper towel, it will come clean.

Anonymous

Warm it then spray with water then wipe it with paper towel

First thing I do is spray with Pam Olive oil, top and bottom...Heat, add meat. Remove meat when done. unplug Lay 2 pretty wet paper towels on the hot grill and close, Eat dinner...When done, open grill and begin wiping off any crud or grease..Rinse and wring out towels and continue wiping till clean..takes a couple of minutes, and works perfect. I've been doing it for probably 20 years..My mom gave me the idea and I've been doing it ever since.

I do the same thing and have been for 20 years, but I use 2 pretty wet paper towels....It works like a charm!

I have a George Foreman grill, model 3 GR30Bw. Can the coating be re-done on this model? Someone cleaned it, scrubbed it and took a lot of the coating off!

By Karen H.

My Foreman Grill gas also lost some of its Teflon coating. I cover the surface with aluminum foil. Makes clean up easier, too. As far as I know, there is no safe way to repair the surface. You might be able to replace the part, though; I would contact the manufacturer.

I haven't used my George Foreman grill in a while, so when I went to use it there were white spots on the Teflon plates. They were washed in the dishwasher the last time I used it. They won't come off. Help!

What is the easiest way to clean a George Foreman grill? I received one without the scraper, drip tray, etc. I just have the grill. My dh loves to use this for his burgers and I need an easy way to clean it. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Janice from IL

Answers:

Cleaning My George Foreman Grill

I love my George Foreman Grill. When I'm finished cooking, I unplug the grill and immediately put a big wad of soaking wet paper towels in the grill while it is still hot. Close the lid so the whole inside will stay wet. This softens the food buildup making it very easy to wipe out.

After the grill has cooled, place it next to the sink and wash it with hot soapy water letting the water drain into the sink.

Cleaning the grill is one of the reuse ways I have of recycling my used paper towels. (01/25/2009)

By Betty

Cleaning My George Foreman Grill

I found that as soon as I unplug the grill I move it near the sink (with drip tray under it) while it's still hot. First, I do scrape it then, I take a couple of cups of water and pour on it. Let it run in to the drip tray, emptying as needed. When it looks to be clean I put the tray in the dishwater and move the grill to hang over the sink a bit and use my dishrag and soapy water to finish up. (01/26/2009)

By Jean

Cleaning My George Foreman Grill

When you are finished cooking, unplug the grill. Use a non-stick spatula to scrape off the residue that will come off easily. Place a wet dishcloth on the grill and close the lid. When you are finished eating the grill will be cool and you can easily wipe up the surface by adding a little dishsoap to the dishcloth. Rinse out the dishcloth and wipe it down again to remove any soap residue. This works really well for me. (01/27/2009)

By Jazzylazzy

Love my George Foreman Grill. Hate the cleanup. My Mom showed me an easier way. While the grill is still hot, place a paper towel on the grill and wet the paper towel with a little white vinegar. Pour the vinegar on the top of the grill and let the vinegar run down completely covering the surface.

Put the lid down on the grill a minute or three. Open grill cover and reuse paper towels to clean up. Gook will come up much much easier.

Source: My Mom, Bertha, George Foreman's biggest fan.

By Carol B. from Maryland

Answers:

Cleaning My George Foreman Grill

I do something similar. When I'm done cooking, I just wet a paper towel and wipe is down when the grill is still a little hot. (04/10/2008)

By

Cleaning My George Foreman Grill

You can buy a little scratcher made for the Foreman Grill. Sponge on one side and plastic scratcher on other, with ridges like the grill. I got mine at Shopko, but think they may have them at other places. 2 /$5.00, I think. I just put grill on counter next to sink, and use this scratcher to clean after done with dish cleanup. (04/11/2008)

By WIsgal

Cleaning My George Foreman Grill

I do this with a wet paper towel but never thought of using vinegar. I also take my plastic spaghetti spoon and with the paper towel still on grill, run it back and forth in the grooves to get anything that is stuck. Works great. (04/11/2008)

By Elaine