Browsing: Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside

House training your dog takes patience and consistency. Even dogs that have been house trained may revert back to pooping and peeing in the house. Determining the cause may be difficult. This is a guide about dog peeing and pooping inside.

guilty dog
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 6, 2016 Flag

I have two Maltese dogs that poop and pee in the living room of the house every night. The male is 3 years old and the female is 2 years old. I want to keep them, but I am at the point to where if I don't get this taken care of soon I will take them to an animal shelter and just let them find them a new home. You wake up in the morning to this and have to pick it up every morning.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My two year old Maltese has just started doing this any ideas

It's unlikely the dogs will find a new home if they aren't toilet trained. Nobody else wants to have to deal with this either.

Have you tried crate training? They can't go on your carpet at night if they are sleeping in a crate.

http://www.labradortraininghq.com/l ... ing/how-to-crate-train-an-older-dog/

August 9, 2016 Flag

My Pit Bull is 3 years old. He has the back door open all night, but lately he's been going in the kitchen more than once a night. What do I do?

i know exactly who's doing it

i have 2 other dogs, they all get along very well

my 12 yr old dog, who has always been trained, is now peeing and pooping all over the house

its driving me crazy

Your 12 year old is elderly. If he is suffering from age related incontinence it might have triggered the others to start doing the same, mistakenly thinking he was marking his territory. I would start looking for solutions there. The vet should have a look and see if your senior dog is having trouble "holding it."

May 30, 2016 Flag

I have a 10 yr. old, neutered, male Malti-poo who has recently been urinating and pooping in the house, but only while we are home! We recently purchased new living room furniture and put up a gate to prevent him from sitting on the furniture like he used to. Is he being spiteful? How do I correct his behavior?

I have a two and a half year old miniature yorkie that was given to me 3 weeks ago. His last owner allowed him to wee and poop wherever he liked I'm struggling to get him trained not to do it in the house. I take him out 4 times a day and he still comes in and decides to use the kitchen or any other part of the house.. HELP

Sorry, I didn't see this here.

With an adult dog that was never trained, I'm not sure 4 times a day is going to work. You might have to take him out every hour at first.

This is kind of gross, but scrape up some of his poo and put it outside where you want him to go. If you find another dog's poo lying around outside, get it and put it there too.

When your dog does go outside give him the food he loves the most and tell him he did a really good job. Don't yell at him or try to punish him if he goes indoors, though. That will only make him hide where he goes, not stop doing it. Be sure to clean it up really well and remove the smell with a pet odor removing spray.

February 29, 2016 Flag

I have a Maltese x Westie, who is 2 years old. He has a doggie door to use to go outside when he wants. He has, within the last 2 weeks, started to go to the laundry near our toilet to do his business during the night. I get up sometimes during the night to find this right next to the toilet door and as I have had a knee replacement sometimes have slipped in his wee as I haven't seen it before it's too late. Now he normally goes out before we retire to bed and up until recently always used to go out to do his business. How do I stop him from doing this please! What is the reason he is now doing this?

Thank you for your suggestions. We are doing that now with him to retrain him to see if that helps. I shall let you know :-)

I hadn't heard that. Thanks.

January 11, 2016 Flag

My dog is a Shepherd mix. She has been pooping and peeing on new or clean carpet. It's always in the same hallway and it's everytime we rug clean the carpet. I just bought a runner for that hallway and now she makes sure she pees and poops on it as soon as she can. She is fully housetrained and has 24/7 acess to the backyard to go. Her food hasn't changed and she is very active and healthy! We do have 2 other dogs and they know she is the dominant and we have never had any issues with the other dogs doing this.

reddish dog on carpet runner

Thank you for the links i will check them out!

Yes shes fixed....i use the same cleaners all the time, and have made sure she can't be in that area and after a week she runes right back and does it again.

July 17, 2016 Flag

I have an American Akita who is about 18 months old. He can't seem to go through the night without peeing or pooping in my kitchen. We have an enclosed outside area for him which he can get to in the night, but doesn't. We have tried all sorts of cleaning products to get rid of the scent, but he still does it in the exact same place. We don't know what to do. We give him a bowl full of water in the morning and then with his dinner, but take it away at night. During the day he goes outside to do his business. Does anyone have any advise? I'm open to all suggestions.

March 16, 2016 Flag

My small 8 year old Chorkie, who went blind 8 months ago, is going pee a lot in the house. She had been house trained before, but recently she's been peeing multiple times in the house. I know I cannot get mad at her since her bladder is so small, but this morning I woke up to two pee spots and a big poop. I've been making sure to take her out right before bed, but it still seems to happen. Our bedroom carpet is ruined and I haven't found something that works for that either. Please help. What should I do?

Your 8 year old dog may have a medical problem that needs attention now. Please take her to your vet for proper evaluation and treatment.

May I suggest buying an enclosed pen or crate , that she can sleep in at night in the garage. She may not be happy at first but if you can ignore her barking , after a few nights she will settle down. Make sure it is a roomy one that you can line in newspaper so she can freely wee if she needs to.

February 18, 2016 Flag

Our 3 year old Yorkie/Bichon mix was completely housetrained since we got him a 8 months old. He's never gone in the house. We moved 3 months ago to a new house, and he remained house trained. 6 weeks ago, our son got a guinea pig.

white dog

Load More
Pets Dogs House TrainingJune 28, 2013
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
A no dog pooping sign in someone's lawn.
Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog on Concrete
Dog Pooping and Peeing on Concrete
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 5:24:14 AM on 10.0.1.95 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.