Browsing: Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside

House training your dog takes patience and consistency. Even dogs that have been house trained may revert back to pooping and peeing in the house. Determining the cause may be difficult. This is a guide about dog peeing and pooping inside.

guilty dog
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 9, 2016 Flag

My Pit Bull is 3 years old. He has the back door open all night, but lately he's been going in the kitchen more than once a night. What do I do?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Don't leave the door open. Your dog thinks another animal or dog can get in. This will keep him overly alert and protective all night, possibly leading to territorial marking behavior like pooping.

Instead, take him out before bed and then again in the morning.

May 30, 2016 Flag

I have a 10 yr. old, neutered, male Malti-poo who has recently been urinating and pooping in the house, but only while we are home! We recently purchased new living room furniture and put up a gate to prevent him from sitting on the furniture like he used to. Is he being spiteful? How do I correct his behavior?

I have a two and a half year old miniature yorkie that was given to me 3 weeks ago. His last owner allowed him to wee and poop wherever he liked I'm struggling to get him trained not to do it in the house. I take him out 4 times a day and he still comes in and decides to use the kitchen or any other part of the house.. HELP

Read More Answers...

February 29, 2016 Flag

I have a Maltese x Westie, who is 2 years old. He has a doggie door to use to go outside when he wants. He has, within the last 2 weeks, started to go to the laundry near our toilet to do his business during the night. I get up sometimes during the night to find this right next to the toilet door and as I have had a knee replacement sometimes have slipped in his wee as I haven't seen it before it's too late. Now he normally goes out before we retire to bed and up until recently always used to go out to do his business. How do I stop him from doing this please! What is the reason he is now doing this?

I hadn't heard that. Thanks.

Read More Answers...

July 17, 2016 Flag

I have an American Akita who is about 18 months old. He can't seem to go through the night without peeing or pooping in my kitchen. We have an enclosed outside area for him which he can get to in the night, but doesn't. We have tried all sorts of cleaning products to get rid of the scent, but he still does it in the exact same place. We don't know what to do. We give him a bowl full of water in the morning and then with his dinner, but take it away at night. During the day he goes outside to do his business. Does anyone have any advise? I'm open to all suggestions.

January 11, 2016 Flag

My dog is a Shepherd mix. She has been pooping and peeing on new or clean carpet. It's always in the same hallway and it's everytime we rug clean the carpet. I just bought a runner for that hallway and now she makes sure she pees and poops on it as soon as she can. She is fully housetrained and has 24/7 acess to the backyard to go. Her food hasn't changed and she is very active and healthy! We do have 2 other dogs and they know she is the dominant and we have never had any issues with the other dogs doing this.

reddish dog on carpet runner

Yes shes fixed....i use the same cleaners all the time, and have made sure she can't be in that area and after a week she runes right back and does it again.

Read More Answers...

March 16, 2016 Flag

My small 8 year old Chorkie, who went blind 8 months ago, is going pee a lot in the house. She had been house trained before, but recently she's been peeing multiple times in the house. I know I cannot get mad at her since her bladder is so small, but this morning I woke up to two pee spots and a big poop. I've been making sure to take her out right before bed, but it still seems to happen. Our bedroom carpet is ruined and I haven't found something that works for that either. Please help. What should I do?

May I suggest buying an enclosed pen or crate , that she can sleep in at night in the garage. She may not be happy at first but if you can ignore her barking , after a few nights she will settle down. Make sure it is a roomy one that you can line in newspaper so she can freely wee if she needs to.

Read More Answers...

February 18, 2016 Flag

Our 3 year old Yorkie/Bichon mix was completely housetrained since we got him a 8 months old. He's never gone in the house. We moved 3 months ago to a new house, and he remained house trained. 6 weeks ago, our son got a guinea pig. white dog

We do not allow the dog near the guinea pig because he has acted aggressively toward it when introduced. We keep them seperate now for the guinea pig's safety. Our 9 year old Shepherd mix isn't having this issue whatsoever. What can I do to stop the potty behavior in the house? We take him outside a lot and he does nothing and minutes after coming back into the house is pooping and peeing. Very frustrating.

Your dog is jealous and doesn't want to give up his position for receiving much attention. I suggest the family speak out using the dog's name often, so the dog understands it is not being cast aside. I had trouble from my female dog when a new pup became a member to our family. Be patient and love on the dog showing it is not forgotten or cast aside. Pets have feelings too and act out in ways since they cannot speak to us, it is done by their behavior. It does not mean you should allow the dog to continue its bathroom duties indoors, but fewer messes with time should be signs the dog's improving/accepting this change.

Read More Answers...

November 9, 2015 Flag

I have two small dogs, a Pomeranian/Poodle 5 years old and a Chihuahua/Yorkie 4 years old. Both are very well potty trained, but when it's raining outside they will not do their business outside. So I bought them both rain jackets and they won't do their business outside. Please somebody help me, what should I do?

If you don't live in an HOA, can you put up an inexpensive canopy in your backyard? They might go under that.

Another solution might be to keep a box of sod on the porch or patio where it is dry and let them go there.

Read More Answers...

December 23, 2015 Flag

My Shih Tzu is 3 years old and house trained. I use to take her out for a walk once in the morning and once in the afternoon until I had a fall, now a friend takes her. But now she has wet and pooped in the kitchen at night, every night. This is where she sleeps. I let her out before I go to bed, but she won't do anything then. Please help.

My little shih tzu sleeps with me, and he never wets the bed. He does, however, have a bad habit of getting up some nights and rather then using the doggy door to go outside, he pees in my chair. I started putting a tray with some books on it on the chair, and he's fine with that, but when I forget, he's back to peeing in the chair. I love him to death, but I'm frustrated. Now, I understand a little more about it.

Read More Answers...

March 20, 2016 Flag

I recently adopted a Chinese Crested mix. I brought her home with my other CC. She slept and was in a crate until I felt she could be trusted. She is fine at my house, but pees and poops when we visit my husband.

Load More
Pets Dogs House TrainingJune 28, 2013
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
A no dog pooping sign in someone's lawn.
Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog on Concrete
Dog Pooping and Peeing on Concrete
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 26, 2016 at 3:15:38 PM on 10.0.2.19 in 7 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.