Jello (Gelatin) Salad Recipes

Category Jello
There are so many variations of jello salad, that it is easy to find a new one for your next dessert. This page contains jello salad recipes.

A few people have asked me to share more of my Aunt's 1935 cookbook. She used raspberry and black cherry Jello together and added canned drained fruit cocktail for family get togethers, mainly for the children.

Mix dry Jello with Cool Whip. Add rest of ingredients. Refrigerate

This was just something I thought off while cleaning out the cabinet and turned out wonderful. It is a good way to get little ones and picky big ones to eat more vegetables.

Directions:

Mix box of Jello into 1 cup of boiling water in 1 or 2 quart bowl.

Whisk in yogurt until blended. While that cools cut and chop other ingredients.

Stir in all other ingredients. Cover and chill.

You can pour in a square pan to chill and cut in squares and serve on a bed of lettuce or serve in a bowl with a dollop of whip cream for a dessert.

I have recently quit smoking and have lived on Jello and vegetables, which has helped tremendously. It has been almost a month and I am proud to say I am now a non smoker (and only gained 12 pounds)!

By Peggy from Cortland. OH

• 1 (3 oz.) pkg. lime gelatin
  • 1/4 cup pineapple juice
  • 1 small can crushed pineapple
  • 1 cup whipped cream or 1 (8 oz.) pkg. Cool Whip
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
  • 1/2 cup water

Directions:

Boil gelatin, juice, and water together for 1 minute. Cool, but do not congeal. Add cottage cheese, marshmallows, and Cool Whip or whipped cream. Mix well. Chill.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Cherry Jello Salad

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains cherry jello salad recipes. A favorite sweet salad that needs to be prepared a couple of hours before serving.

Ingredients
  • 1 package (3 oz.) lime gelatin
  • 1 package (3 oz.) lemon gelatin
  • 1 can Eagle Brand condensed milk
  • 1 pint cottage cheese
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 can crushed pineapple
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts, opt.

Directions

Dissolve Jello with 2 cups hot water. Let cool. Add remaining ingredients. Chill.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Robin,

Thanks for posting this. I used to make this and we loved this salad. I had misplaced the recipe. I will make it this weekend. Enjoy your good recipes very much.

Combine the dry Jello and Cool Whip together. Blend by hand until the Jello looks dissolved and well mixed. Add the cottage cheese, fruit cocktail and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.

Parfait fruit desserts made with jello and yogurt.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains frosted Jello salad recipes.A layer of whipped cream and cream cheese distinguish these delicious Jello salads. This page contains frosted Jello salad recipes.

Raspberry Jell-o

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains raspberry gelatin (Jello) salad recipes. Make a beautiful red raspberry Jello salad for your next dessert.

I love the combination of fruit, veggies and nuts in this salad!

There are so many variations of jello salad, that it is easy to find a new one for your next dessert. This page has several variations of the classic jello salad.

Dissolve cherry, orange and black raspberry gelatin separately, using 1 1/2 cups hot water to each package. Mold each in a shallow square pan. Let set until solid.

Very good salad. Can use different flavors and colors of gelatin for different holidays to make this more festive. Very, very good!

This is jello salad recipe includes citrus jello, nuts, cottage cheese, mayo and condensed milk.

Dissolve gelatin in water until syrupy and add next 3 ingredients. Put in flat, large Pyrex-style pan. Set until firm. For second layer, cook last ingredients and let cool.

Very colorful and tasty! I get many compliments on this recipe. I usually double the recipe as we enjoy it very much.

Cut marshmallows into lemon gelatin. Add 2 cups hot water. When cool and slightly thickened, whip and add pineapple, cream cheese, mayonnaise, celery, nut meats, and cream.

Make gelatin with 2 cups boiling water. Add cranberry sauce, pineapple and 1/2 cup water. Chill until partially set. Add walnuts. Pour into a 6 cup mold. Chill until firm.

Mix the two packages of gelatin with the water, sugar and vinegar. Chill until partially set. Drain the gooseberries, reserving the juice. To the juice, add enough water to make 1 1/2 cups of liquid.

Recipe for Cheese Salad. Soak gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes. Place pineapple, lemon juice, and sugar in a pan and heat to boiling. Remove and add dissolved gelatin and flavoring.

When preparing a congealed salad recipe (using jello or gelatin), all ingredients can be doubled except: salt, vinegar, and lemon juice. For these use only 1 1/2 times the given amount, but no more, or your salad won't congeal.

For as far back as I can remember my gram made a Jello salad for one of our Christmas dinner desserts. She passed away around a year and a half ago and needless to say last Christmas just wasn't the same. I want to take over for her and start making her Jello salad for our family every Christmas, but the problem is I don't have her recipe.

I know the the ingredients she used, but I don't know how to put it all together. I know she used: a large box of lime Jello, a large can of fruit cocktail, 2 8 oz packs of Philadelphia cream cheese, and 2 pints of whipping cream (or heavy whipping cream, I'm not sure).

Does anyone know of a Jello salad recipe that calls for those ingredients? Or does anyone know how I should put those items items together to actually make the Jello salad? Any tips or ideas will be gratefully appreciated!

Thank You, Merry Christmas!

By Melanie

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Have you tried the website, Cooks.com Recipe search. You can find about any recipe there.

I need a salad recipe containing lime jello, evaporated milk, crushed pineapple, and cottage cheese.

By Lynda8 from Prosperity, SC

1 lg. pkg. dry jello (any flavor)

1 8oz. carton coolwhip

1 8oz. container cottage cheese

1 can drained pineapple

Drain pineapple. Mix jello and cool whip until jello crystals are dizzolved, add cottage cheese and pineapple, mix well. (Top with marchino cherries and chopped nuts if desired .)Refrigerate at least 2 hours. I try to let mine sit over night.

If lg. box seems like to much jello you can substitute it for a small one.

You can also use sugar free jello fat free cottage cheese and cool whip. It tastes the same.

This recipe I got from my Mom.

Way back in the 50s my mother made a salad with orange jello and grated carrots and maybe some kind of fruit, possibly crushed pineapple. Does anyone remember this concoction? Have a recipe? There may have been other things in it. Thanks.

By Judy from IA

My Mother made this also. It was called Sunshine salad. It is very simple: use one small pk of orange jello, one small can of crushed pineapple and 3-4 shredded carrots. Make jello according to directions, using only 1 and 3/4 cup of water, as the pineapple has at least 1/4 cup of juice, add the pineapple and carrots and chill until set. My mother used an 8x11 casserole dish and she cut it in squares to serve.

I lost the Christmas recipe of my mother's souffle jello salad. It was made with lemon jello then, using an egg beater, you added mayonaise, let it set partially and folded in pineapple tidbits, maraschino cherries, and bananas. The it was placed in a mold until set. Does anyone have this recipe?

When making green Jello salad, is the whipped cream whipped before adding? Also do I drain the pineapple? Thanks!

By Faye from White, GA

Squeeze all of the pineapple juice out before adding the pineapple, otherwise your salad won't set up, and will be runny. I don't whip the cool whip up either, as that breaks down the firmness of the cool whip. Hope this helps.

Lisa

My mother made a sunshine (carrot jello salad). I have found that recipe, but she served it with a topping. Some of the ingredients were whipping cream, lemon juice, and zest. She cooked a flour mixture and then folded in the whipped cream and lemons. Dose anyone know of this recipe?

By Dolly D.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

A refreshing not too sweet salad with crunch, one of my favorites!

Directions:

Bring the juice from the mandarin oranges and enough water to make one cup to a boil. Mix with Jell-O. Add softened cream cheese and mix until dissolved; let set until slightly jelled. Add the rest of the ingredients. Of course you may substitute other flavors and fruits, but this is a favorite of mine.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

A Lemon Jello Salad

Comment Like this photo? 2