Jell-o (Gelatin) Salad Recipes

There are so many variations of jello salad, that it is easy to find a new one for your next dessert. This page contains Jello salad recipes.

February 29, 2012 Flag

A few people have asked me to share more of my Aunt's 1935 cookbook. She used raspberry and black cherry Jello together and added canned drained fruit cocktail for family get togethers, mainly for the children.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 17, 2005 Flag
  • 1 small carton cottage cheese, drained
  • 1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
  • 1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1 small carton Cool Whip, thawed
  • 1 small pkg. strawberry Jello (or your favorite flavor)

Directions:

Mix dry Jello with Cool Whip. Add rest of ingredients. Refrigerate

By Robin

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

To Robin's salad, I also add a small carton of Sour Cream. It makes a stand-up salad either way.

Don't forget you can use low or free fat everything for a diabetic salad.

I often change the fruits and jello for a different look and taste.

Always requested at home and pot lucks. Wonderful salad. Thanks Robin for sending it. I never had a good name for it so I called it pink stuff or orange stuff or yellow stuff. However pink stuff seemed to stick no matter the color.

patsAZ

May 11, 2006 Flag
Ingredients
  • 1 package (3 oz.) lime gelatin
  • 1 package (3 oz.) lemon gelatin
  • 1 can Eagle Brand condensed milk
  • 1 pint cottage cheese
  • Ad
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 can crushed pineapple
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts, opt.

Directions

Dissolve Jello with 2 cups hot water. Let cool. Add remaining ingredients. Chill.

By Robin from Washington, IA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Robin,

Thanks for posting this. I used to make this and we loved this salad. I had misplaced the recipe. I will make it this weekend. Enjoy your good recipes very much.

December 18, 2008 Flag

Combine the dry Jello and Cool Whip together. Blend by hand until the Jello looks dissolved and well mixed. Add the cottage cheese, fruit cocktail and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 21, 2008 Flag

Dissolve cherry, orange and black raspberry gelatin separately, using 1 1/2 cups hot water to each package. Mold each in a shallow square pan. Let set until solid.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 13, 2010 Flag

Boil gelatin, juice, and water together for 1 minute. Cool, but do not congeal. Add cottage cheese, marshmallows, and Cool Whip or whipped cream.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 21, 2010 Flag

This is a very good jello salad I like to use different types of jello depending on the time of year. Fantastic flavor

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 8, 2012 Flag

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 8, 2012 Flag

I love the combination of fruit, veggies and nuts in this salad!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 20, 2011 Flag

Very good salad. Can use different flavors and colors of gelatin for different holidays to make this more festive. Very, very good!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 22, 2011 Flag

This is jello salad recipe includes citrus jello, nuts, cottage cheese, mayo and condensed milk.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 14, 2011 Flag

Dissolve gelatin in water until syrupy and add next 3 ingredients. Put in flat, large Pyrex-style pan. Set until firm. For second layer, cook last ingredients and let cool.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 5, 2010 Flag

Very colorful and tasty! I get many compliments on this recipe. I usually double the recipe as we enjoy it very much.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 15, 2007 Flag

Recipe for Cheese Salad. Soak gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes. Place pineapple, lemon juice, and sugar in a pan and heat to boiling. Remove and add dissolved gelatin and flavoring.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 29, 2005 Flag

When preparing a congealed salad recipe (using jello or gelatin), all ingredients can be doubled except: salt, vinegar, and lemon juice. For these use only 1 1/2 times the given amount, but no more, or your salad won't congeal.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 20, 2013 Flag

For as far back as I can remember my gram made a Jello salad for one of our Christmas dinner desserts. She passed away around a year and a half ago and needless to say last Christmas just wasn't the same. I want to take over for her and start making her Jello salad for our family every Christmas, but the problem is I don't have her recipe.

I know the the ingredients she used, but I don't know how to put it all together. I know she used: a large box of lime Jello, a large can of fruit cocktail, 2 8 oz packs of Philadelphia cream cheese, and 2 pints of whipping cream (or heavy whipping cream, I'm not sure).

Does anyone know of a Jello salad recipe that calls for those ingredients? Or does anyone know how I should put those items items together to actually make the Jello salad? Any tips or ideas will be gratefully appreciated!

Thank You, Merry Christmas!

By Melanie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I was also looking for a lime jello recipe and found this one on allrecipes.com. The ingredients sound really similar to the one your gran made but looks like it could use some tweaking. Hope this helps!

http://allrecip  e-Gelatin-Salad/

Have you tried the website, Cooks.com Recipe search. You can find about any recipe there.

August 28, 2009 Flag

I need a salad recipe containing lime jello, evaporated milk, crushed pineapple, and cottage cheese.

By Lynda8 from Prosperity, SC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Interestingly enough Robin's Corner has a Lime Jello recipe in todays newsletter, too ;-)

http://www.thri  4423878.tip.html

1 lg. pkg. dry jello (any flavor)

1 8oz. carton coolwhip

1 8oz. container cottage cheese

1 can drained pineapple

Drain pineapple. Mix jello and cool whip until jello crystals are dizzolved, add cottage cheese and pineapple, mix well. (Top with marchino cherries and chopped nuts if desired .)Refrigerate at least 2 hours. I try to let mine sit over night.

If lg. box seems like to much jello you can substitute it for a small one.

You can also use sugar free jello fat free cottage cheese and cool whip. It tastes the same.

This recipe I got from my Mom.

March 11, 2010 Flag

Way back in the 50s my mother made a salad with orange jello and grated carrots and maybe some kind of fruit, possibly crushed pineapple. Does anyone remember this concoction? Have a recipe? There may have been other things in it. Thanks.

By Judy from IA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My mom made this and I make it all the time. I use a small (3 oz) jello, mix with 1 cup boiling water, then add a tray of ice cubes and stir until most are melted and you have 2 cups of jello. You'll throw away some small pieces of ice. Put it in a glass pan and add 1 (drained) can of pineapple (I prefer the tidbits, crushed is fine too) and 2 grated carrots. Mix and refrigerate, if you use ice it sets up quickly.

The ice lets you put the fruit and carrots in right away. If you don't use ice the stuff will float.

Serve with a dressing made of lemon juice or vinegar, sugar, and mayo. I use a scant 1/4 cup of lemon juice or vinegar, about 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup mayo. Taste and adjust to your liking.

This makes about 8 or 10 nice sized servings.

My Mother made this also. It was called Sunshine salad. It is very simple: use one small pk of orange jello, one small can of crushed pineapple and 3-4 shredded carrots. Make jello according to directions, using only 1 and 3/4 cup of water, as the pineapple has at least 1/4 cup of juice, add the pineapple and carrots and chill until set. My mother used an 8x11 casserole dish and she cut it in squares to serve.

November 29, 2015 Flag

I lost the Christmas recipe of my mother's souffle jello salad. It was made with lemon jello then, using an egg beater, you added mayonaise, let it set partially and folded in pineapple tidbits, maraschino cherries, and bananas. The it was placed in a mold until set. Does anyone have this recipe?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 29, 2009 Flag

I am looking for a Jello salad recipe that we used to call Perfection Salad. It probably goes back to at least the 50's. This is made with lime Jell-O, carrots, celery and cabbage. There is some type of mayonnaise-based dressing that is served with it. All of the similar recipes I have found have either pineapple, cream cheese or green olives. My recipe did not have any of those.

Deb from Hilliard, OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My mother made this all the time. I also just made this last week. She didn't have a recipe. She just used two small boxes of lime jell-o (I used one lime and one lemon). All you do is make the jell-o as directed and let cool a little. Add cabbage, carrots and celery if you like it (I don't use it). Refrigerate until set.

I don't measure out veggies but I would guess maybe a half to three quarters cup each....? The dressing is about one cup of miracle whip thinned with about a tablespoon of milk and a tablespoon or so of sugar (depending on how sweet you like it). Like I said, we never measure, have never had a bad salad with just adding as much as we like.

This calls for ingredients other than those listed, but usually they can be substituted for ingredients you like. There wouldn't be much difference in using lime gelatin instead of the lemon or leaving the radishes out. As far as the dressing, that may have been an added touch. My mother used a dollop of plain mayonnaise as a dressing on gelatin.

SPARKLING PERFECTION SALAD

2 pkgs. lemon gelatin

2 c. boiling water

2 c. chilled ginger ale

2 tbsp. lemon juice

2 c. shredded cabbage

1 c. shredded carrots

1/2 c. thinly sliced radishes

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool. Stir in ginger ale and lemon juice and chill until partially set. Fold in vegetables. Chill until firm.

November 23, 2010 Flag

When making green Jello salad, is the whipped cream whipped before adding? Also do I drain the pineapple? Thanks!

By Faye from White, GA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Squeeze all of the pineapple juice out before adding the pineapple, otherwise your salad won't set up, and will be runny. I don't whip the cool whip up either, as that breaks down the firmness of the cool whip. Hope this helps.

Lisa

January 3, 2014 Flag

My mother made a sunshine (carrot jello salad). I have found that recipe, but she served it with a topping. Some of the ingredients were whipping cream, lemon juice, and zest. She cooked a flour mixture and then folded in the whipped cream and lemons. Dose anyone know of this recipe?

By Dolly D.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

January 27, 2011 Flag

A refreshing not too sweet salad with crunch, one of my favorites!

Directions:

Bring the juice from the mandarin oranges and enough water to make one cup to a boil. Mix with Jell-O. Add softened cream cheese and mix until dissolved; let set until slightly jelled. Add the rest of the ingredients. Of course you may substitute other flavors and fruits, but this is a favorite of mine.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes Salads JelloNovember 8, 2012
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Raspberry Jell-o
Raspberry Gelatin (Jello) Salad Recipes
Chicken Gelatin Salad
Chicken Gelatin Salad Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 11, 2017 at 9:28:54 PM on 10.0.2.118 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.