Kenmore Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working

It may be time for a repairman when your refridgerator's ice maker stops working. This guide is about Kenmore ice maker not working.

Ice Maker Manual
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

The ice maker in in my Kenmore refrigerator did work. I put it back together. It goes though its cycles, but the feeler arm does not drop back down.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My Kenmore refrigerator, model #3639552780, does not get water to the ice maker. The water dispenser works on the door. The water line to the ice maker is clear and open to the valve. Can the valve be bad or what else could it be?

By RW Long from Lebanon, OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Best Answer

My understanding is that if the tube is free and clear and not frozen, the culprit is probably a faulty valve.

Our Kenmore side by side with factory installed ice maker is not making ice at all. Prior to this for some reason every once in a while we would have water spilled forming icicles, otherwise we would have ice. Now nothing happens, no ice or spilled water to form the icicles. Suggestions?

By J. Peterson

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can contact the manufacturer for possible help or request a service company recommendation.

Where you push against the bar to activate the ice maker, it started being hard to push and almost clicks when I push against it. It's a Kenmore Elite side by side. The happens whether you get ice or water.

By Tina A

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Likely the switch mount is broken. Watch this video to fix it. http://youtu.be/p9GjSqi6eY4

My 5-year-old Kenmore refrigerator is dispensing water, but no longer making ice. I have read that I could use my blow dryer to defrost the water fill spout, but I am not sure where it is. Is it on the icemaker itself or on the opening under it that connects it to the freezer or somewhere else in the freezer? Some guidance would be much appreciated.

By Vivian from Falls Church, VA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Use your blow dryer on your fill cup. Sometimes, the fill cup will get frozen up with water. Once you melt the ice in the fill cup; should work fine. Give freezer time to get cold before new ice starts.High Humidity was my cause for build up.

Read More Answers...

I have a Kenmore Elite Model 795.7107 refrigerator. My one month old ice maker will not dispense the ice into the ice container. We can tell the ice is frozen. The tray starts to turn, but will not empty. It returns to the position it was in. What could be stopping it from emptying?

By Jane from WI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How can I get the ice tray out of my Kenmore Elite 106.5770? I removed the door in front of the maker. The left side has a locking pin that I can press to release the left side but the right side seems to have a lock of its own, that I cannot find. Any hints?

Read More Answers...

My Kenmore side by side makes ice fine, but it always freezes solid in the holding bin. I defrost and clean it out once it gets full, but the cycle starts over. This has been going on for at least a year or longer. Also, we can get water from the door dispenser, but not ice. Any suggestions on what may be the problem and how we can fix it?

By ml

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sounds like the dispenser door flap is not closing all the way and the airflow that goes up into your bin changes the ice to a block.

I have a side by side ice and water dispenser on the outside of my freezer door. The water dispenser works, but there is no water going to my ice maker.

By Delois

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Mine has done this too. I turned temp gauges to both fridge and freezer to off or zero. I then removed everything from the freezer and defrosted it completely .Something is frozen and blocking your water flow. You can leave the stuff in the fridge just keep it closed. Hopefully this will work for you too.

diane1591

Read More Answers...

We recently moved into a new home and the ice maker is not making ice. Water is flowing through the door water dispenser just fine. We have checked the water line and it is fine. The refrigerator has sat with no power for months and months; could this have anything to do with it?

By Julie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Am having the same problem with my ice maker.

Ice freezes in the bin of my Kenmore two door refrigerator and when I push the dispenser it turns round and round, but because ice freezes in bottom of bin, no ice comes out.

I take it out and clean the frozen ice out, and it works for a few times, but it soon refreezes again.

By Carol S. from Aurora, CO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I removed the ice bin assembly from my Kenmore Elite 106 side by side to clean out the ice dispenser and cannot reinsert the assembly into the door. It will not go down far enough to lock into place. I have tried wiggling shaking, hitting gently - no luck.

By Ron K.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This happened to us, too. Can't get it back in. Any answers/help? Thanks.

Ice bin was full so I emptied it and now the ice maker isn't making any ice. Suggestions?

By Chris

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When you put it back in, did you lower the wire bar that lets ice maker know bin is full?

Also, did you check to make sure the bin clicked into the correct position?

I have a 2008 Kenmore Coldspot refrigerator, model #106.58912801. The ice bin freezes up about every two days. The door chute assembly was replaced by a Sears tech approx. 2years ago. I have cleaned it out numerous times and inspected flapper assembly with a flashlight. (no light shows through) Also I have noticed that the middle pillar section between where the doors close around ice bin area appears very warm to the touch to me all the time. Any ideas? Thanks.

By Bob

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The middle pillar is where the auto-defrost wires are located inside.

I have an Electrolux stainless steel fridge. The water and the ice maker have stopped working. I don't hear the water going into the fridge. The water from the main line does work. This is the second time, before I had a technician come in and he repaired it. I am not quite sure what he changed. Can some one help with what the possible culprit is?

By Wayne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I just had this problem. Turned out the larger black rubber tube which feeds the tray had frozen solid. I took out the ice maker and used a hair dryer to melt the ice and squeezed the black tube to help breakup the ice. Put the ice maker back in and turned up the Freezer temperature one notch and it began to work as normal.

Read More Answers...

I installed a new ice maker and a new water valve and either one will work.

By Lavonne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My whirlpool fridge will not eject the ice from the tray. I have replaced with a new board, and it freezes ice but will not cut and eject.

My ice maker is no longer making ice. The water doesn't feed into the icemaker, but I get water from the dispenser. We have cleaned out the ice bin and used the hair dryer to defrost everything. Any suggestions? The refrigerator is about 5 years old.

By Wanda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Any luck with that issue? I assume it needs a new Solenoid valve - just wondering what you did to solve it since I have same problem - plus the ice maker isn't rotating- not sure what controls water level in the tray to keep it from continually filling.

Read More Answers...

I have a 1997 Kenmore side by side refrigerator. I have water, but the ice maker is not working. I can hear it trying to work, but there is no ice.

By Gerri E

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We have this problem sometimes, too. We unplug the refrigerator for awhile, as something in the ice maker seems to get frozen. Hope this works for you!

Read More Answers...

My Kenmore ice maker has stopped working although the water is still dispensing from the front. Please help with any and all troubleshooting ideas?

By Rose from Tampa, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I had a problem, too. Turned out that the heater that allows the ice to be released was bad and I had to replace the unit.

Read More Answers...

My Kenmore refrigerator icemaker will not make ice. Water will not dispense to the ice maker. All other water supplies are functional.

By D.R.Pearson from NC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Replace the water valve. It's an easy job. Worked for us.

Read More Answers...

The ice maker in a Kitchenaid refrigerator is not calling for water to the ice maker.

By Dave

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Can only say that I had the same problem and the diagnosis was the very small spigot connecting to supply was at fault. It is under the sink. Spigot is not the right word. Best described as a small faucet or valve? I was told it was a common problem.

Load More
    Home and Garden Repair Home KitchenFebruary 13, 2013
    Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
    Refrigerator
    Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
    Whirlpool Ice Maker
    Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working
    Ice Maker
    Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 30, 2016 at 12:05:05 AM on 10.0.1.26 in 377 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.