Browsing: Kenmore Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Kenmore Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working

It may be time for a repairman when your refridgerator's ice maker stops working. This guide is about Kenmore ice maker not working.

Ice Maker Manual
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 26, 2012 Flag

My Kenmore refrigerator, model #3639552780, does not get water to the ice maker. The water dispenser works on the door. The water line to the ice maker is clear and open to the valve. Can the valve be bad or what else could it be?

By RW Long from Lebanon, OH

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

My understanding is that if the tube is free and clear and not frozen, the culprit is probably a faulty valve.

After thawing the input line with a hair dryer set the freezer temp to +5 deg problem solved and ice cream is ready to serve

March 10, 2014 Flag

My Kenmore side by side makes ice fine, but it always freezes solid in the holding bin. I defrost and clean it out once it gets full, but the cycle starts over. This has been going on for at least a year or longer. Also, we can get water from the door dispenser, but not ice. Any suggestions on what may be the problem and how we can fix it?

By ml

Sounds like the dispenser door flap is not closing all the way and the airflow that goes up into your bin changes the ice to a block.

Ice maker bin get ice, but then freeze over, at the door

February 19, 2015 Flag

Our Kenmore side by side with factory installed ice maker is not making ice at all. Prior to this for some reason every once in a while we would have water spilled forming icicles, otherwise we would have ice. Now nothing happens, no ice or spilled water to form the icicles. Suggestions?

By J. Peterson

You can contact the manufacturer for possible help or request a service company recommendation.

November 18, 2013 Flag

I removed the ice bin assembly from my Kenmore Elite 106 side by side to clean out the ice dispenser and cannot reinsert the assembly into the door. It will not go down far enough to lock into place. I have tried wiggling shaking, hitting gently - no luck.

By Ron K.

This happened to us, too. Can't get it back in. Any answers/help? Thanks.

On mine the socket on the door side has a built in key. Look at the position of the key and rotate the stir shaft to match the position of the socket.

November 29, 2014 Flag

Where you push against the bar to activate the ice maker, it started being hard to push and almost clicks when I push against it. It's a Kenmore Elite side by side. The happens whether you get ice or water.

By Tina A

Likely the switch mount is broken. Watch this video to fix it. http://youtu.be/p9GjSqi6eY4

December 18, 2010 Flag

My 5-year-old Kenmore refrigerator is dispensing water, but no longer making ice. I have read that I could use my blow dryer to defrost the water fill spout, but I am not sure where it is. Is it on the icemaker itself or on the opening under it that connects it to the freezer or somewhere else in the freezer? Some guidance would be much appreciated.

By Vivian from Falls Church, VA

I just used a hairdryer to defrost the water spout. Then manually poured water into the ice molds and voila it works! I am going to cancel the repair appointment. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

Use your blow dryer on your fill cup. Sometimes, the fill cup will get frozen up with water. Once you melt the ice in the fill cup; should work fine. Give freezer time to get cold before new ice starts.High Humidity was my cause for build up.

September 20, 2011 Flag

I have an Electrolux stainless steel fridge. The water and the ice maker have stopped working. I don't hear the water going into the fridge. The water from the main line does work. This is the second time, before I had a technician come in and he repaired it. I am not quite sure what he changed. Can some one help with what the possible culprit is?

By Wayne

I just had this problem. Turned out the larger black rubber tube which feeds the tray had frozen solid. I took out the ice maker and used a hair dryer to melt the ice and squeezed the black tube to help breakup the ice. Put the ice maker back in and turned up the Freezer temperature one notch and it began to work as normal.

There is a "micro-switch" inside the ice maker that controls the external water switch. It is usually the culprit.. There are two switches, one for the rotate of the extractor, and one to momentarily switch the water valve on.. The water valve one is the one that also makes contact with the on/off bar...

December 25, 2012 Flag

I have a Kenmore Elite Model 795.7107 refrigerator. My one month old ice maker will not dispense the ice into the ice container. We can tell the ice is frozen. The tray starts to turn, but will not empty. It returns to the position it was in. What could be stopping it from emptying?

By Jane from WI

Try taking the tray out, they do come out and soak it in vinegar for a bit. Usually hard water causes the ice to stick. Then you may want to spray Pam in it. Then throw out the first batch of cubes it drops...they will be oily!

How can I get the ice tray out of my Kenmore Elite 106.5770? I removed the door in front of the maker. The left side has a locking pin that I can press to release the left side but the right side seems to have a lock of its own, that I cannot find. Any hints?

June 15, 2011 Flag

My ice maker is no longer making ice. The water doesn't feed into the icemaker, but I get water from the dispenser. We have cleaned out the ice bin and used the hair dryer to defrost everything. Any suggestions? The refrigerator is about 5 years old.

Load More
Home and Garden Repair Home KitchenFebruary 13, 2013
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 21, 2016 at 12:20:23 PM on 10.0.1.149 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.