Potato Soup Recipes

Category Potato
Potato Soup Recipes
The versatile potato is the basis for a hearty soup that is easy to make and can be varied by adding additional ingredients. This page contains potato soup recipes.

I have made quite a few potato soups in my life and I have to say that this one absolutely turned out the best. Try it, I don't think you'll be disappointed! :)

Total Time: Under an hour

Yield: About 6 main dish servings

Source: Modified from a recipe in a childrens cookbook

• 6 Tbsp butter
  • 12 cloves garlic, diced
  • 2 1/2 large onions, chopped
  • 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
  • 3 pounds, plus 1 potato, peeled and cut in quarters
  • water to cover potatoes
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 3-4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 2 tsp basil
  • Cheese and green onions for garnish

1. Peel and cut your potatoes, rinse well. Add to a pot with just enough water to cover your potatoes. Turn heat to high and boil for 10-15 minutes, or until fork tender. Turn heat off, do not drain water.
  2. Meantime, chop your garlic, onions and parsley. Melt your butter in a pan and saute your veggies until soft, about 8 minutes.
  3. Add your veggies, cream and seasonings to your potatoes. Mash everything with a held held tool until large lumps are gone.
  4. Ad
  5. Turn heat on and cook until heated through again. Remove from heat.
  6. Add garnishes and enjoy!
  7. Ad

Everyone loves this on a cold winter day. We eat it like it is, but it also tastes good with cheddar cheese or bacon sprinkled on top!

Total Time: 2 hours cooking, 1/2 hour prep

Yield: 8

Source: My sister, Eva.

• 1 large onion, chopped
  • 5-7 potatoes, peeled and cubed. (the smaller the potatoes, the more you need)
  • 3 carrots, peeled and cubed
  • 4 ribs of celery, chopped
  • water to cover
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1-2 chicken bouillon cubes

1. Saute the onion until transparent. Add the potatoes, carrots and celery. Add water to barely cover the potatoes. Season with the bouillon cubes and salt and pepper. Bring just to a boil, then simmer 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
  2. Serve as it is, or use an immersion blender to smooth it out.

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 large onions
  • 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
  • 1 cup diced celery
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 8 cups diced potatoes
  • Ad
  • 2 cups cubed ham
  • 4 cups chicken stock
  • 3 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 2 tsp. parsley flakes
  • 4 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese (for garnish)

Directions

Put first 5 ingredients into large saucepan. Saute vegetables until onion is soft and clear. Add potato, ham, chicken stock, salt, pepper and parsley. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until veggies are cooked. Stir occasionally. Stir in milk and heat without boiling. Garnish with grated cheese. Makes 8 to 10 cups.

Source: This recipe comes from our Church Cookbook and is a nice all in one dish on a cold winter night with extras to pack along for lunch!

By Faith from Lynden, WA

Top Comment

This hearty soup was just as the name implied! I made the recipe almost completely as written (subbing half and half for milk and therefore using more broth to compensate for the added richness), but I did use a tater masher to thicken it up and break up the potatoes after it was cooked.

My husband complimented this soup, saying it was a big improvement over "regular" potato soup. I agree. It was filling and delicious. Thanks for posting this recipe!

• 1 pkg. frozen potatoes
  • 1 cup chopped onions
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 1 pkg. frozen crinkle-cut carrots
  • 1/4 cup margarine
  • 4 chicken bouillon cubes
  • 6 cups water
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed

Directions:

Combine potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, margarine, bouillon cubes, and water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Combine flour with enough water in small bowl to make paste. Add evaporated milk, cheese, and flour mixture to saucepan, mixing well. Simmer gently for 10 minutes. Do not boil. 8 servings.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Cook veggies until soft. Add soups and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Simmer a little. Remove from heat.

Cook potatoes and onion in salt water until tender. Add milk and butter. Heat (don't boil). Just before serving add 2 chopped hard-boiled eggs.

This is a guide about making potato soup with milk. Milk can help make a rich, creamy potato soup.

Creamy Potato Soup

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains baked potato soup recipes. Already cooked potatoes can make a delicious creamy soup.

Baked Potato Soup

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains potato and sausage soup recipe. A hearty dinner can be made adding sausage and some hot spices to a potato soup.

Bowl of the soup, some on spoon, and sausage on the side.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains chunky potato soup recipes. A tasty option to the traditional smooth cream of potato soup is to leave some of the potatoes chunky.

Bowl of chunky potato soup

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains easy potato soup recipes. Homemade potato soup is probably one of the easiest and fastest soups to prepare.

Bowl of potato soups surrounded by potatoes

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains cheesy potato soup recipes. This creamy soup is easy to make, extremely delicious, and certain to become one of your favorite comfort foods.

Bowl of cheesy potato soup with shredded cheese on top in green bowl on a green plaid napkin

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

The evenings here in Iowa are getting cool so I know fall is not far away. This is a great cold-weather soup!

This is a favorite of my husband in the winter time, which here in Iowa will be on us before we know it!

I am looking for a Potato Soup Recipe.

Helen R. from Tunnelton, WV

Best Answer

POTATO SOUP FOR CROCKPOT

8 Lg Potatoes, cubed

2 Med Onions, chopped

2 Tbsp Margarine

2 Chicken boullion cubes

2 Tbsp Parsley, dry

6 cup Water

2 cup Milk

1/2 cup Flour, mixed with water

Place ingredients 1 through 6 in the crockpot and cook all day on low to medium. 1/2 hour to one hour before serving; add milk and flour mixture. After the soup starts to thicken, it is ready to serve. Serves 8

NOTES: Add 1/4 pound of Velveeta cheese for Cheese potato soup. 1 can evaporated milk may be substituted for the regular milk.

POTATO SOUP

Here's a great recipe for an old favorite.

4 russet potatoes, peeled and diced

1 carrot, sliced and peeled

1 yellow onion, chopped

6 cups vegetable stock

8 tablespoons butter

1/4 cup flour

2 cups milk

2 cups cheddar cheese, grated

In a large pot, combine the potatoes, carrots, onions, and stock. Bring to a

boil over a medium heat. After this reaches a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the vegetables are soft.

Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour. Using a wooden spoon, stir for 2 minutes. One half cup at a time, add the milk and cook until smooth. Add the cheese and stir until the mixture is thickened. Add the mixture to the soup, and add salt and pepper to taste.

Bacon Potato Soup

Serve this simple soup with hearty bread.

1/4 pound Bacon, diced

1/4 cup Celery

3 Leeks

2 Tablespoons Flour

2 cups Water

2 cups Milk

2 medium Potatoes, peeled and diced

Salt and pepper to taste

1 teaspoon Parsley, chopped

Slice the leeks lengthwise. Remove the root end and most of the green end. Slice the leeks across the grain and soak in water until needed. Add the bacon pieces to a heavy saucepan and cook until brown. Add the celery and leeks. Cook until just soft. Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes. Add the water and milk. Slowly bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, add the potatoes and simmer for 1 hour (or until the vegetables are tender). Check the seasonings. Serve warm, garnished with parsley. Serves 4

Best Answer

This is my all time favorite!

4 large Baking Potatoes

1 tsp. salt

2/3 cup margarine

1/4 tsp. pepper

2/3 cup all-purpose flour

6 cups milk

1 cup Sour Cream

1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion

10 bacon strips, cooked & crumbled

4 oz. Shredded Colby or Cheddar Cheese

Bake potatoes at 350 degrees for 65-75 minutes or in microwave Until tender; cool completely. Peel & cube potatoes.

In a large saucepan melt margarine; stir in flour, salt & pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook & stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in sour cream. Add potatoes. Garnish with green onin, bacon & cheese.

Best Answer

Here's one that came from my Mother!

Take 8 potatoes wash peel and dice.

Add one large onion diced. Cover with water and cook until done.

Mash potatoes up a little with potato masher, leave a few lumps. Add 2 cups milk and 2 cups heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Best Answer

Peel, chop and cook about 8 potatoes until very soft, meanwhile chop and saute in butter one large onion, 2 stalks of celery, stir into potatoes, add 16 oz sour cream, salt and pepper to taste. If there is any leftovers I have also added small can of chopped clams for clam chowder.

Best Answer

Baked Potato Soup

4 large potatoes, scrubbed Bake potatoes until fork tender Cut potatoes in half and scoop out (flake potatoes)--Chop 1/2 of the peels in small pieces (discard other half of peels)

In heavy kettle

Melt 2/3 cup butter

Add 2/3 cup flour (whisk together)

Add 1 and 1/2 quarts milk Stir constantly till thickened

salt and pepper to taste

Add potato and skins

Add 4 green onions -chopped (I use about 1/4 cup instant minced onion)

1 cup sour cream

1 and 1/2 cup crisp-cooked, crumbled bacon

5 oz. finely grated cheddar cheese (heat through) do not let it boil

Mix all over low heat until cheese melts

(When I do this at home, I sprinkle the bacon and the cheese on top of the hot soup--for group it will work better to have it all in the soup like the recipe says to do, I just like the bacon to stay really crisp.)

I would like a good recipe for potato soup. There is a truck stop in Lincoln, Neb. that has the BEST potato soup, I wish I could get their recipe.

Theresa from Hibbing, MN

Answers:

Looking for a Potato Soup Recipe

I have made the following recipe I found at allrecipes.com, several times and we love it.

Delicious Ham and Potato Soup

Prep Time: 20 Minutes,
Cook Time: 25 Minutes Ready In: 45 Minutes,
Yields: 8 servings

INGREDIENTS:
3 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes,
1/3 cup diced celery,
1/3 cup finely chopped onion,
3/4 cup diced cooked ham,
3 1/4 cups water,
2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules,
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste,
1 teaspoon ground white or
black pepper, or to taste,
5 tablespoons butter,
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour,
2 cups milk

DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.

2. In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.

3. Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.

Note: I probably use more closer to 4 cups of potatoes and I cook it longer.
(11/14/2007)

By Debbie52

Looking for a Potato Soup Recipe

I just recently got this recipe and have not had a chance to try it yet, but the girls at work have made it and love it.

Baked Potato Soup

4 large baking potatoes,
6 cup milk,
4 green onions (sliced),
1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (shredded),
2/3 cup margarine,
3/4 tsp. salt,
10 pcs. bacon (fried, then crumbled),
4 oz. sour cream,
2/3 cup flour,
1/2 tsp. pepper

Bake potatoes. When cooled cut in half and use for or hands to crumble insides out of skins. Melt margarine in soup kettle and add flour. Cook, stirring constantly until smooth. gradually add milk and cook until thick and bubbly. Add potatoes, salt, pepper, half the onions, half the bacon, and 1 cup cheese. Cook until heated through, then stir in sour cream. Garnish with remaining onion, bacon & cheese.
(11/14/2007)

Looking for a Potato Soup Recipe

Ultimate Potato Soup

I don't remember where I got this recipe, but everyone I serve it to says its the "best ever" (even those who didn't think they liked potato soup!).

1 lb bacon,
2 stalks celery, diced,
1 onion, chopped,
3 cloves garlic, minced,
8 large potatoes, peeled and cubed,
4 cups chicken stock or bouillon (enough to cover potatoes),
3 Tbsp. butter,
1/4 cup flour,
1 cup heavy cream (or half & half or whole milk),
1 tsp. dried tarragon,
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro,
salt and pepper to taste

In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over med heat until done. Remove bacon and set aside, drain off all but 1/4 c of the bacon grease.

In the 1/4 cup of grease, sauté the celery and onion until onion turns clear. Add the garlic and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Add cubed potatoes and toss to coat, sauté for 4 minutes, Return the bacon to the pan and add enough chicken stock to just cover potatoes. Cover, simmer until potatoes are tender but not mushy.

In a separate pan, melt butter over med heat. Whisk in the flour, cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Whisk in the heavy cream, tarragon and cilantro. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir the cream mixture into the potato mixture. Puree about 1//2 the soup, and return to the pan and mix well. Adjust seasonings to taste.

I hope your family enjoys this as much as ours!

Tamak
(11/14/2007)

By tamak

This is THE BEST soup I've ever had...

And absolutely nothing healthy about it and you probably can feel your arteries clogging just when you read the recipe, but we all must indulge every once in a while, right?

1 stick butter,
1 med onion - minced,
1 cup grated carrot,
1/2 cup of chopped celery

Saute these together until tender. I usually just chop the onions and carrots.

Add: 4 cans cream of potato soup,
1 lb grated Velveeta cheese (if I buy the block I just slice it up),
8 oz sour cream,
4 cups milk,
salt and pepper to taste.

I usually put this in a big crock pot and just slow cook it all day.

P.S. There are a lot of ways to make this healthier; reduced fat soups, sour cream, don't use as much butter/margarine, fat free milk, etc. I just wrote the recipe as I have it.

And sometimes, I throw in some broccoli and/or cauliflower if I have it, or some ham and bacon, whatever you feel like pretty much will work in here!
(11/14/2007)

By tms421

Looking for a Potato Soup Recipe

Here is one of my favorites. Enjoy!

6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 leeks, chopped
2 onions, chopped
1 rib celery, sliced
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
5 cups water
1 Tbsp. salt
Pepper to taste
1/3 cup butter
13 oz. can evaporated milk
Chopped chives

1. Combine all ingredients except milk and chives in slow cooker.

2. Cover. Cook on low 10-12 hours, or high 3-4 hours. Stir in milk during last hour.

3. If desired, mash potatoes before serving.

4. Garnish with chives.

Variations:

Add one carrot, sliced, to vegetables before cooking.

Instead of water and bouillon cubes, use 4-5 cups chicken stock.
(11/14/2007)

By Jayme

Looking for a Potato Soup Recipe

This is for instant potato soup mix but it is really good. 2 1/2 cups instant potatoes, 1 1/4 cups powered coffee creamer, 1 package chicken gravy mix, 2 teaspoons dry onion powder, 2 teaspoons chicken granules. Put in a air tight container that will hold 4 cups and shake to mix. To serve use 1 cup boiling water and 1/2 cup mix, stir well and let set 3 minutes. Other spices can be added for your taste. (11/17/2007)

By Phyllis

Does anyone know of a tried and true potato soup recipe that is delicious?

By CNBS from OH

Answers:

Potato Soup Recipe

Just found this one recently and have made it several times this winter. Everyone loves it.

Fabulous Potato Soup

• 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1/4 cup butter, cubed
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/5 tsp. dried thyme
  • 1/4 tsp. dried crushed rosemary
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups milk (I use 2% milk)
Place potatoes and water in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender (about 7-10 minutes). Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute chopped onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, thyme, rosemary and pepper. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil, cook stirring for 2 minutes. Add potatoes with hot water. Heat through and serve hot.

Since the potatoes do not have too much flavor, I started adding a teaspoon of beef or vegetable bouillon to the water used to cook the potatoes. It adds a nice flavor (02/01/2010)

By RealtorRose

Potato Soup Recipe

I ran across this on the net a year or so ago when I had a bunch of potatoes to use. It is fabulous! My husband could eat this once a week (and I've got my potatoes baked today for use tomorrow!).

A baked potato soup with butter, green onions, bacon, cheddar cheese sour cream, and seasonings.
Cook time: 15 minutes

• 2/3 cup butter
  • 2/3 cup flour
  • 7 cups milk
  • 4 large baking potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled and cubed, about 4 cups (I do mine the day b4)
  • 4 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 10 to 12 strips bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
  • 1 1/4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream (I don't add this)
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
Preparation:

In a large Dutch oven or stockpot over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour; stir until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened. Add potatoes and onions. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until soup begins to bubble. Reduce heat; simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; stir until cheese is melted. Serve baked potato soup immediately.
This baked potato soup recipe serves 6 to 8. (02/02/2010)

By tahloolabelle

Potato Soup Recipe

The first one is a girlfriends recipe and the second one is mine ;-)

Savory Bacon Chowder

• 8 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch slices
  • 6 medium (2 cups) new red potatoes, cubed 1/2-inch
  • 2 medium (1 cup) onions, chopped
  • 1 cup Sour Cream
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (8-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
Cook bacon in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes; add potatoes and onions. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender (10 to 15 minutes). Add all remaining ingredients. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (5 to 10 minutes).

Yield: 6 (1-cup) servings

Ham and Potato Soup

• 3 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 1/2 cup celery, diced or chopped
  • 1/3 cup onion, chopped finely
  • 1 cup cooked ham, diced
  • 3 1/4 cups water
  • 2 Tbsp. chicken bouillon granules
  • Salt to taste
  • Pepper to taste
  • 5 Tbsp. butter
  • 5 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups milk
Combine potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender. Stir chicken bouillon, salt and pepper. Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, about 4 minutes. Stir this mixture into the stockpot and cook soup until heated through. (02/02/2010)

By Deeli

Potato Soup Recipe

Good ole Appalachian Potato Soup

I cook my potatoes for soup in chicken broth. I use one or two 16 oz cans for up to 5 lbs of potatoes, peeled and chopped. Add 1 lb of onions chopped, one cup of finely diced celery and a pinch of nutmeg.

Cover the rest with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender and water thickens.

I use a potato masher and mash some of the potatoes and then add one or more cans of evaporated milk, little salt if needed until the right consistency is achieved. If you get it too thin, you can always add a few instant potato flakes to thicken it up. Serve in a soup bowl to which you add a spoonful of butter.

I really love this soup and serve it with cheesy corn muffins, just adding a cup of grated cheese to the corn muffin mix. (02/02/2010)

By NancySparks

Potato Soup Recipe

The easiest and least expensive version you will try:

In a stock pot, melt 1/2 stick of butter and 1/4 cup vegetable oil and add one chopped onion. Saute until soft but not brown. Add in one large bag of Southern style frozen hash browns (you can use shredded if the other style is not available). Stir and allow to cook until the potatoes are thawed but don't let the onion burn.

Add 8 cups of chicken broth (homemade is best but canned, cartons or bouillon will do.) Let simmer until the potatoes are cooked stirring periodically.

Put in an immersion blender and blend until most but not all of the potatoes are smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste and bring to the correct consistency with some milk, evaporated milk, cream or half-and-half.
Serve with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon. Ready in less than 30 minutes. (02/02/2010)

By rbrady

Potato Soup Recipe

We absolutely love this recipe.

My Potato Soup
Yields: 5 servings

"This is a thick, hearty soup. Kids love this because of the cheesy flavor."

• 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tsp. all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups cubed Velveeta cheese
Directions:

In a large stock pot add potatoes, onion with enough water to cover. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until vegetables become tender.

Pour off most of the water.

Mix 1 1/2 cups milk and flour together. When mixed thoroughly add to vegetables to 1 1/2 inch above vegetables. (May need more milk.)

Add cut up Velveeta cheese. If more cheese is wanted, may add more to your taste.

Simmer until cheese melts. (02/02/2010)

By vjdf

Potato Soup Recipe

I have given this recipe to many people and they absolutely love it. The best part is it's so simple.

• 3 cups diced potatoes
  • 2 stalks celery, minced
  • 1 carrot, minced
  • 1 small onion, minced
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 2 tsp chicken bouillon (powder or liquid)
  • 3 cups milk
  • 3 tbsp flour
  • 2 tbsp margarine or butter
Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, seasonings, water and bouillon in a 2 qt. saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer covered for 13 to 16 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Combine 1/4 cup milk and flour, blend till smooth. Set aside. Add remaining milk and butter to potatoes then stir in flour mixture till smooth. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture boils. Ham or bacon can be added for added flavour. Enjoy!

Preparation time approx. 20 min
Serves 6 (02/03/2010)

By wedge

Potato Soup Recipe

Wow, thanks for all of the delicious sounding potato soup recipes so far. I am going to print them out and I will have a "Potato Soup" cookbook! lol I can't wait to try each one. It may be a while before I can get back and post details about each one but I will try. Thanks again for taking the time to post your favorites! (02/03/2010)

By 79chrisab

Potato Soup Recipe

We love this potato soup recipe. It's quick and easy to make.

Cheddar Potato Soup

• 1/3 cup chopped onion (optional)
  • 1/3 cup chopped celery (optional)
  • 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
  • 4 cups diced peeled potatoes (I use red potatoes)
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

Take potatoes out and mash them. Return to the pan. Stir in the cheese, milk, and pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
(02/06/2010)

By Hate Litter

In 3 qt. saucepan, combine first 9 ingredients. Cover and simmer until tender, about 25 minutes.

In a large pot, place the cubed potatoes, onion, butter, salt and pepper together. Boil until the potatoes are tender.

Melt about 1 Tbsp. of butter in a saucepan. When hot, add the chopped onion, paprika and potatoes, diced small.

In a skillet place about 2 Tbsp. of margarine or butter with some chopped onion and chopped celery and saute until tender.

Melt butter. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Cook until onion is clear.

Saute' chopped onion in butter. Add salt, pepper, celery salt, and potatoes. Stir in 2 cups hot milk; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.