Treating a Rash on Feet

Category Home Remedies
Knowing what is causing the irritation can help you treat the problem. This guide is about treating a rash on feet.

I have a red rash on top of my foot that is made up of 4 lines approximately 1 cm in width that turn circular to my toes.
My dermatologist has never seen anything like it. Does anyone know what it could be?

By Pat from RI

Best Answer

Hi folks, Enough said above. Here is what you need to do.

1. Go to a dermatologist.

2. Before you make an appointment, find out if the dermatologist treats feet with rash, fungus or what ever problem you are having with your feet. Not all dermatologists are specialized in the same field.

3. When you get there, pay attention. Before any treatment is prescribed, the dermatologist should take a sample of your skin and send it to a lab for testing to diagnose the correct infection. If that is not being done, tell the dermatologist politely to have a sample of the infected area sent to a lab for testing. The reason why this is important. They are several types of feet infections that look the same and all the cures are different.

Best Answer

I have this problem also. Last summer I had a rash on one of my feet for most of the summer. Then this spring as soon as I started wearing flip-flops and flats it flared up. The rash is red, very itchy at times and almost blistered. I used a high strength hydrocortisone, but it didn't seem to do much.

My doctor and I finally figured out (I hope!) that it's actually photosensitivity (a reaction to the sun). She thought I might have had a sunburn on that foot at one time. I also take high blood pressure medication (a diuretic) that can cause photosensitivity. I've been wearing socks or sunscreen for a few days now and it's improving a lot.

Best Answer

I had a red itchy rash only on the tops of both feet for 6 months. Nothing I tried worked to stop the itch. I finally went to a dermatologist and he diagnosed it as an allergic reaction to the leather straps of my very expensive sandals. I own another pair that I wore all last year with no problems, but the newer pair apparently has something different in the leather. I stopped wearing the shoes, took an antihistamine for the itch and applied a prescription cream. After one week the rash is totally gone. I will try wearing socks the the guilty shoes to see if that will work. They are just too expensive to give away.

Last summer a similar thing happened to me. I wore a pair of sandals I had worn numerous times for the last couple of years. One day after work, as I was getting into my car, both of the top of my feet, under the straps, started itching really bad. I couldn't stop scratching! I thought maybe some type of powder or plant had caused an allergic reaction. This lasted for 2 months. It got red, inflamed, gray and scaly, and was very itchy. I thought that maybe it was a type of poison ivy.

I used an eczema cream, a triple antibiotic, nothing. I used an anti-fungal cream, nothing. I finally used an allergy ointment and it went away. I never used those sandals again. Now, after the long winter, I began using sandals again and a brand new pair has now caused the same reaction. Weird! I'm thinking it is an allergic reaction to the adhesive on the straps. This is very weird. And the "rash" is in a line just as the strap on the sandals touched my skin.

I have persistent and very itchy rash on the top of both feet. This may be called a friction sore if it oozes and is aggravated by wearing shoes.

This started as a tiny insect-like bite on the top of my right foot a year ago. It itched like crazy and when I scratched it the sore increased to the size of 50c. I got some relief with triamcinolone acetonide cream .01% prescribed by a podiatrist, but didn't completely heal the sore.

After a few months the sore "magically" appeared on the top of my left foot, where it has been for over a year now. A dermatologist prescribed flucoinonide cream .05% and it seemed to clear up after a few days, but never healed completely.

Ethyl alcohol in hand sanitizer products will control the itching temporarily. I try not to scratch as this usually results in oozing and makes wearing shoes difficult.

I am still searching for the magical product that will completely heal these sores.

By Chagrined from Chagrin Falls, OH

Best Answer

I have the same thing but it is on both index fingers, itches like crazy! I thought it was a food allergy because my friend had it every time she ate acidic foods.

Benadryl or another antihistamine should help; I am allergic to them so I use Calamine lotion. It might help some but not a lot. Also keep them very clean and dry, maybe use a little antifungal powder, but not the cream as that makes it itch more. Drinking a lot of water also seems to help, and yes the sun makes it much worse. Good luck.

Anonymous
Best Answer

I used to have that kind of a rash. It's a foot fungus. It happened because I wasn't changing socks every day and changing which shoes I wore each day. Use Tinactin, the important ingredient is tolnaftate.

Best Answer

I had a mysterious itchy rash on my lower legs (not my feet). Used chilled Bragg organic apple cider vinegar 3 or 4 x a day for about 4 days & it helped. Told a friend who had the same problem & it worked for her also. I think any brand apple cider vinegar would do the same. Hope it works for you.

Best Answer

If any of these suggestions don't work for you I have one more thing you might want to try. My sister swears by it. That is Preparation H cream rub it on at night and put on a pair of white socks. Try it for a few days and see if it helps. I hope you find a cure soon. I had a rash years ago on the heel of my hand and tried everything I could get my hands on. It felt like the bone was even itching. It finally went away when I moved from the house I lived in. It had to be something there. Good luck.

I have this itchy rash on the top of my foot. It looks like tiny bumps and it itches a lot. It came up overnight, can anyone tell me what this could be?

By Daisy A.

Best Answer

Be sure to wear all cotton socks and use Bag Balm on it. My husband had this problem and the all cotton socks and Bag Balm worked.

Best Answer

Have you been wearing sandals with metal against the foot (from holding on a flower, beads, or any other design feature). It may be a metal allergy. I am allergic to metals and cannot wear many sandals because of this problem.

I am not a doctor but it sounds like Athlete's Foot. Try some of the over the counter creams. If it is you will notice it clear up quickly.

It looks like hives (urticaria). It comes mostly when you have eaten something your body does not "accept". Have you eaten something unusual? It can be as well a reaction to a certain medication. As it is a reaction to something, and you will have to find out what in order to avoid it, this is the only way to stop the hives.

Creams and other stuff will only "cover" the problem which can get worse and become an allergic reaction (Asthma, Quincke's Oedema).

I have had this rash on the top of my foot for about two weeks. I have been on antibiotics for a week. It is getting larger and spreading up the ankle.
Anybody got any ideas?

Doctor???

Dermatologist would be a good start. And trying to remember what caused the rash - touching something, eating something, a specific piece of clothing or shoe. Washing with soap and water 2-3 x /day. If not caused by poison ivy or poison oak, perhaps trying Vic's Vapo rub on the rash. The menthol will kill off most bacteria, viruses, and many fungal infections; the vaseline like paste will help to suffocate a pathogen. If that is not available, perhaps oil of Oregano - just a drop or two rubbed over the area.

I have a red rash on my foot. At first I thought it was athlete's foot. After three weeks of treatment with Lotrimin there is no improvement. In fact it seems to be spreading. It burns, but does not itch. The skin varies in color from red dots to red flaking skin to red dots on smooth skin. What might this be and how do I get rid of it? Thanks

By MB

Answer Was this helpful? 1

You don't say where you live... so if in Canada, with free health insurance: go see your doctor. If elsewhere with expensive health care: ask your pharmacist. If you don't want to show him/her your foot, take a picture of the rash and ask them for their opinion of what it might be and what you should do to get rid of it. Could be poison ivy (which I have on my hands right now). Sounds like my rash.

I had a red rash on one foot for quite a while. Nothing helped. Finally I decided it was the socks I was wearing. I started to soak my foot in salt water everyday, & within a few days the rash disappeared.

I have a severe rash all over my feet; it itches so badly I take the skin right off my feet. It's both on the top and bottom. I thought athletes foot was just on the bottoms of feet and between toes, so I'm wondering what it might be.

By Renzo

Anonymous

Perhaps it's time to go to a doctor to make sure it's not a sign of a serious health problem!

Go to a doctor. This is not the sort of thing you solve by asking people on the net.

Athletes foot is fungal, so it is systemic and could easily spread. Have you tried soaking your feet in epsom salts or a vinegar-water solution, neither would hurt and they might alleviate the itch. I'd use tea tree oil on them also--as it will take care of fungal issues and can help heal just about anything. Are you by any chance allergic to something your feet have come into contact with, walked through poison ivy, gone to a locker room without flip-flops, worn socks/shoes with a different product make-up, changed detergents, etc? I one time threw an entire mango into my morning smoothie (I have a high speed blender), not realizing that mangos are in the poison ivy family and you shouldn't eat the skin. I broke out in a horrible rash and itched so bad--nothing would releive it. It lasted for weeks. After an internet search I realized what I did, but for over 2 years, I could not eat a bite of mango without breaking out in the rash again. This can be so frustrating.

I have a red rash on the tops of my feet and shins. It began on one foot
then it migrated to the other. It does not itch nor is it scaly. It does
not hurt either. It is also on the back on my heel. Any ideas? Thanks.

I get a rash when I wear non-cotton socks. My ankles get very dry, crusty and even bleed. The only cure for me is all cotton socks or sock-less. One foot is worse than the other. I've tried cortisone creams, calamine lotion, nothing works too well.

Anonymous

Since it is spreading on your body it's time to see a doctor! There could be underlying health issues causing the rash!

I got an infection from a pedicure. I went to the doctor and he had no idea what it was. In fact, he said it wasn't from the pedicure since it was only on my legs and not my feet. I'd recently shaved my legs. I researched online and someone told me to try the medication used for jock itch. This is no joke; the rash was gone in a couple of days. Not saying don't go to the doctor, but they don't always know the answer.

I would go to see a podiatrist.

Could anyone help me identify this rash, please? It started on my shin and migrated to my foot. It doesn't hurt or burn, but itches sometimes. I have put anti-fungal med on it but it doesn't appear to respond.

By B. from NY, NY

You should probably consult a doctor, being the anti-fungal cream doesn't help.

My name is Vannesa and I'm new. This is a great site. I have had a problem with my feet for a few months now and I need help, I get bad itchy skin on the tops of my feet. After I scratch the the itch it gets worse until I break the skin and bleed. Only then the itch stops for a few days then returns. I get this all the time on both feet, but only on the top, there are now lumps, rashes or spots there and no itching between the toes. Does anyone else have this problem? Or is there a fix?

Answers:

Rash on Top of Feet

I hope you all have better luck than I've had with this. There seem to be several things that can cause a rash like this. I had a severely itchy rash on top of my feet and around my ankles for almost 2 years, during which time 4 different doctors told me I had athletes foot. Wrong. Anti-fungals made it worse. Cortisones did absolutely nothing. Hot water made it worse. Tea tree oil did not help either. Antihistamines did not do anything. My feet got worse and worse, swelling to huge proportions and oozing like crazy.

Not one doctor could ever tell me how the rash started, but finally one doctor took a culture (after the rash had spread all the way up to my face) and it showed a massive staph infection. Please be careful that this does not happen to you.

My feet cleared up after a couple of courses of antibiotics, and ever since that I have been extra careful, wearing wicking socks, disinfecting my shoes, and washing my feet in cold (brrr) water. When I feel the least tingle I apply a benadryl-based cream alternately with Bacitracin ointment, and that has kept my feet pristine until just last night. Now the itchy rash has re-appeared around my ankles in spite of my best efforts.

One quick tip for the intense itching, I found that a spritz or two of sore-throat numbing spray works wonders. (06/29/2009)

By Mary in Montgomery

Rash on Top of Feet

Hi Vannesa, You described perfectly a problem I have been having for a year now. The itching comes on suddenly and it's intense. You scratch until you bleed and create a wound. The next day you can't put on your shoe because the wound you created is so painful. The wound you created is slow to heal.

There are a few things I've noticed about this. If you don't scratch the itch then it disappears in a few minutes. Once you scratch though it rapidly gets out of control and spreads on the top of the foot very quickly. It's like scratching spreads it and it tries to take over your whole foot so don't even scratch it once. The second thing I've noticed is that it always occurs when my feet are very hot from wearing my shoes a long time. This leaves me to believe it is some type of fungus other than athlete's foot. I would simply recommend removing your shoes whenever and wherever they aren't necessary. (08/18/2009)

By Rebootit

Rash on Top of Feet

I think you should know that this is caused by Staphylococcus bacteria. This usually happens as a result of skin becoming open or blistered due to scratching eg., from a sweat rash. This is why it affects the tops of the toes.

It is not fungal, it needs treatment with antibiotics or antibiotic cream. Ointments can sometimes makes the problem worse as they block the sweat glands. The best way to be sure it to get a biopsy. Insist on one and tell the doctor that this is not athletes foot. This should not be going on for months and years. Staphylococcus lives on everyone's skin. Those of us prone to sweat rash or who live in hot countries then scratch our skin when it itches giving the bacteria a chance to get inside. They then multiply due to the conditions being hot and moist. This can then spread to back of hands, elbows, and other areas of thin skin.

It also explains why the rash seems to "travel" along toes and down the sides of the foot or along the hands. Tea tree oil works because it is naturally antibacterial whereas the hydrocortisones and antihistamines do nothing to actually get rid of the bacteria. It sometimes goes away on its own. Washing with antibacterial soap should help. Please take my advice on this issue. (08/31/2009)

By caraheller

Rash on Top of Feet

This is likely caused by an outside insect called chiggers. Walking outside they get on your feet. Rubbing alcohol 70% takes away itch. (09/01/2009)

By jordanmacg

Rash on Top of Feet

My boyfriend has had this exact problem for the last 4 months. I finally convinced him to go to the dermatologist and found out he has strep in his blood. They said it was very serious and said it was a good thing he came in when he did, and should have come in sooner. They also did a biopsy, gave him a steroid injection, steroid cream, an oral steroid plus an antibiotic, anti fungal cream, and an oral anti fungal pill. I suggest you go see your doctor. (10/30/2009)

By Campbellsar88

Rash on Top of Feet

I have recurring foot rash, but only on the top of my left foot. I found if I soak my feet in very warm antiseptic mouthwash it relieves it. Listerine or the generic equivalent usually does it. It always comes back once I stop. Obviously I am looking for a permanent solution. (12/22/2009)

By arnie962

Rash on Top of Feet

I suffered from pretty much the exact same symptoms back when I was around 12 or 13 and got it treated somehow which I don't remember now, and then it came back about 6 months ago. I am now in my 20s. It was severely itchy on the tops of my feet and near my ankles too, with little bumps and things. I would scratch until it would bleed, and nothing I put on it seemed to work, it sometimes actually worsened the symptoms.

I saw quite a few doctors who just prescribed oral and topical steroids that did nothing, then one doctor told me to just soak them in cool water, which worked better than anything. Long story short, it turns out that a pair of shoes I had bought that were made out of leather were the culprit. Apparently it is eczema that I have, and there is a chemical used when making leather that can trigger and worsen eczema. Also, do not use Lanacane or anything with lanolin in it because it also can worsen symptoms and make it swell. Sun exposure is also very bad.

So, if anyone is experiencing intense itching on the top of your feet. Stop wearing leather shoes and soak your feet in cool water until it subsides. Once it is gone just be sure to keep the area hydrated with an emollient lotion. I hope this helps somebody. (01/06/2010)

By AmberRoseShops

My name is Vannesa and I'm new. This is a great site. I have had a problem with my feet for a few months now and I need

help. I get bad itchy skin on the tops of my feet, after I scratch the the itch it gets worse until I break the skin and it bleeds. Only then

the itch stops for a few days then returns. I get this all the time on both feet, but only on the top, there are now lumps, rashes or spots

there and no itching between the toes. Does anyone else have this problem? Or is there a fix?

Answers:

Rash on Top of Feet

There is a great product made in Montana called "Wool Wax Creme". They have a new website www.marchalabs.com and if there is not a place nearby

you, they do sell through the contact link, I e-mailed them and they sent me prices. It is very affordable seeing as how a trial size has been

going for over a week with barely a dent in the 2 oz. jar. (11/11/2004)

By breezeetew

Rash on Top of Feet

I hate to give medical advice (I agree you should check with your doctor), but I will suggest this: try Benedryl cream to relieve the itch. You

may be having a reaction to something that is coming into contact with your skin (perhaps the laundry soap you use on your socks) (11/11/2004)

By Leann2

Rash on Top of Feet

I had something very similar and I read online somewhere to use Tea tree oil. I finally tried it and it worked after about a week or two. Now

I only have to use it maybe 2 times a weeks. It's the "only thing" that worked for me.
Good luck.
Tammy (11/12/2004)

By Tammy

Rash on Top of Feet

Check with a doctor. I had a similar problem that was related to being diagnosed as diabetic. Fluid build-up in the legs and feet (Lymphodema)

which is helped by wearing compression stockings. (11/12/2004)

By hwalz

Rash on Top of Feet

I have this great Melaluca lotion that takes care of all kinds of rashes, my son's diaper rashes, poison ivy, everything I have tried it on

it has worked. It is called "Renew" and it is great. Shannon in NC (11/18/2004)

By Shannon in NC

Rash on Top of Feet

Stop taking the sweetener Aspartame it worked for me. (05/17/2005)

By palzie

Rash on Top of Feet

So I have been reading all the posts, and though most are from the past few years, it seems like others are reading this. I have extremely bad

eczema. It sounds like this is what most of you are experiencing. Laundry soaps, bath soaps, dryer sheets, wrong socks/shoes all trigger it. I

find that if I soak my feet in water (as hot as I can stand it) and Epsom salts; pat them dry; then apply Cortaid Advance therapy, the bumps go

down and the itch becomes bearable. Nothing fully removes the itch (even after you scratch the tops off), but this does help. As I hope this

post does.
(06/08/2006)

By JohnnyV

Rash on Top of Feet

Okay, all the blood sugar and lipids are acceptable. Now ya wanna know what worked for me? Sounds silly, I know, but it's the same thing I've

been using for years to make my "room clearing" stinky feet go away, dry baking soda rubbed on the area. (08/15/2006)

By Dohwannaitch

Rash on Top of Feet

I had this last summer, for the first time ever. Try Acidophilus, which is a dietary supplement. You can find info about this supplement at

vitamin websites. It is available at drug chains and not expensive. Its also great for deterring yeast infections. Try it. (02/17/2007)

By Babs

Rash on Top of Feet

My doctor diagnosed me also with Petechiae. She gave me Eucerin. You can find it at Wal-Mart. It comes in a lotion and a cream. Get the cream.

I went to the dermatologist and she diagnosed me with having pigment purpura. She prescribed me Cutemol, a steroid-based cream. The Cutemol made

it worse, so I am back to using Eucerin.

It goes away in some spots, but still remains on the tops of my feet. Doesn't itch, only when my feet get hot. I think it could be a heat rash

too.

Good luck everyone. (03/02/2007)

By Sam

Rash on Top of Feet

I have scanned through all of the ideas that people have and the bottom line is that it seems that most of us are frustrated because there are lots

of ideas, plenty of options, little success. Doctors do not know how to treat it, what causes it or how to prevent it. Sweat seems to trigger it

and leather seems to ignite the redness which is what seems to be the one thing none of us can get rid of. This seems like what we are all

experiencing. I did find one cream that dries it up and stops the itching but does not make it disappear, even if I am not wearing shoes at all.

It is called TriDerma-intense fast healing. It is not a cure but will protect the skin and keep it from itching and does it naturally. The

redness seems to stay however. At least it does not contain cortisone but does have aloe. If you find a cure patent it. (06/23/2007)

By S. James

Rash on Top of Feet

My problem is white bumps that mainly itch when my feet are really hot. They appeared overnight about a week ago on one foot, with a few on the

top of the other. Now the other foot is getting worse.

To the people who have already commented, " it is not Athlete's foot and it is not Petechiae". Athlete's foot is between toes and at the bottom

of the feet. Petechiae is tiny burst capillaries under the skin that create red dots, not bumps and they do not itch. Those are caused from

trauma or stress to the skin. (07/08/2007)

By Bethany

Rash on Top of Feet

Has anyone tried Skin Zinc? I've heard it works wonders for various skin problems.
(07/18/2007)

By Jayce

Rash on Top of Feet

If you are bleeding on the foot make sure you do not put meds in the cuts. Use neosporin to heal and then you can use Desitin. It treats rashes

and smells like fish. It works. My feet are cleared up. You should also watch out for the dyes in slippers and whatever. I also switched my soap

to a natural soap. I use Ivory Pure and Simple. I also do not use laundry detergent with dyes and I'm clear. (08/07/2007)

By wayneski

Rash on Top of Feet

I've been suffering from the same itchy patches on the tops of my feet and parts of my hands. My rashes were sometimes accompanied by milky

white areas under the skin. I finally was referred to an allergist who tested me for some seventy different allergens. The most severe reactions

came from a variety of grasses (that explains the increase of reactions during summer) and dust mites. The white patches I mentioned are pockets

of histamine that my body is producing in reaction to the allergens.

Daily non-drowsy allergy medications (Zyrtec, Claritin, etc.) should clear up the problem. An interesting note, I discovered that "Ocean

Potion-Moisturizing Aloe Lotion", available almost everywhere, will provide almost immediate relief to affected areas.The results are amazing.

I hope this helps. (08/28/2007)

By christopherwn

Rash on Top of Feet

I must say, everyone seems to have the same symptoms I have. I actually just started getting these little itchy rash like bumps on the tops of

my feet a few weeks ago. I had never had them before. I just started wearing a pair of my husbands old sneakers, to wear to work, and that's when

the problem started. I had tried hydrocortizone cream and it helped a little, but the problem would come back. I stopped wearing the shoes, got

new socks. I have recently been putting rubbing alcohol on it, and it actually almost cleared it up over night. And it stopped the itching

almost right away. Try it, it worked for me. (10/03/2007)

By Cherish

Rash on Top of Feet

I think I have the answer. I have been reading these comments since yesterday as I have the same thing. A very itchy rash that started

on tops and sides of feet and driving me crazy for over 6 months and recently on the backs of my hands. Went to 2 doctors and received steroid

shots and two different creams, neither worked much. (Clobeasol ointment and second, Mometasone Foroate cream) The second cream helped the itch

a little, not much and neither one cleared rash. Both Drs. gave different diagnosis (both wrong) I have spent numerous hours researching the

internet but, I couldn't pin it down.

Finally today I went to one of the most respected Dermatologists in Dallas. He took one look and had no doubt about the diagnosis, "Lichen

Planus". He said it's not uncommon to his practice and has seen it often. He gave me Desoximetas 0.25%, a corticosteroid cream, to apply 2 x

daily. He said steroid or cortisone shot not necessary, just use cream. I have only applied 2 times and the rash is getting better already.

Itching is stopping and the rash actually starting to fade.

If you start looking this up don't get confused about what most sites say about the location of the rash. He said it is usually hereditary

(no one in my family that I know of and I'm 50 and this is my first episode). Exact cause not really known. it can come on any time, any age, for

no reason. Treated, it can go away for good but sometimes returns months or years later and needs same treatment. It is not contagious and left

untreated it might last up to 12 months. I hope this has helped ya'll because this is a miserable rash and regular MDs are clueless. It is

worth the visit to the Dermatologist. I'm so excited that I am feeling better already. Good luck to all of you. (10/31/2007)

By Virglynn

Rash on Top of Feet

To Virglynn: It's not Lichen Planus because almost everyone in my family has this and so do my close friends. Therefore it's very contagious. I

think we all have flat warts at it's mildest form. (01/10/2008)

By Ana

Rash on Top of Feet

I promised you I would let you know what my Dr. said when I went. Well, he referred me to a dermatologist. Before making any appointments I went

to Walmart and talked to the pharmacist there. She suggested taking Claritin and applying Vaseline for the dryness. I also found some cream

called Miracle Home Pedicure cream by Miracle of Aloe company. It contains tea tree oil and aloe, peppermint, lavender, shea and cocoa butters.

I have been taking the Claritin daily and applying this cream daily and it is like a "miracle"

My feet have stopped itching and my skin is clearing up and is soft and smooth. This is the 4th day and it is almost gone. I still don't know

what has caused it but my blood pressure medication is a suspect. Found out that pharmacy make mistake in my dosage and I have been taking twice as

much as I was suppose to, since November! I am not going to make appointment with the dermatologist now unless it comes back. Good luck to

everyone. Maybe this will help. I will keep in contact to let you know if it comes back. I have also soaked my feet in Epsom salts about 5 times

too and I wash with Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash with turquoise lid. (03/04/2008)

By Linda

Allergies can be the culprit - molds, formaldehyde, etc.

I had a bad rash a couple of years ago on my forehead, which was the result of wearing a cap made in Korea. The culprit, said a dermatologist,

was the formaldehyde used to preserve the cloth. This dermatologist must have know his stuff, because I was just recently tested for allergies,

and I am allergic to molds and formaldehyde. I know a lot of clothing and shoes are now being made in China and I suspect a lot of them have

high levels of formaldehyde in them. And I know mold is prone to grow in shoes. You fellow sufferers might try new shoes, new socks, or

laundering both with some type of bleach.

Good luck. (05/05/2008)

By Wayne

Rash on Top of Feet

Starting from about a month ago, I noticed that I had what looked like a very small blister on my middle toe on my right foot. Well assuming

that it wasn't anything big, I left it alone, not realizing that I was scratching it while I was sleeping. A couple days later, I had a full out

rash on and between my big toe, 2nd and 3rd toe, and the bottom of my feet were getting similar bumps.Finally after looking for answers I found

out:
I have atopic dematitis, better known as eczema and people who have this skin disorder. It has been known to be prone to type of dermatitis

called dyshidrotic eczema that can cause horrible rashes and blisters that itches like hell and burns also.
That was the answer for me, hope it helps. (05/28/2008)

By Sharon

Rash on Top of Feet

I know this blog is old (it is now June 2008), but I came across it just now. Please check to see if you have a bed bug infestation. I ran into

the same thing (itchy welts, rash, etc.) and no one knew what it was. It turned out it was bed bugs and the little creatures are great at

hiding. Call an exterminator ASAP if you have this problem. (06/16/2008)

By Aaron

Rash on Top of Feet

There was a story last summer about a girl who got cheap flip flops from Walmart and she had a very serious allergic reaction to the shoes,

right where the top strap touches the foot. It it possible that some of you folks are having a mild allergic reaction to whatever plastic the

sandals are made of. Or maybe the leather dye?

Good Luck. (07/17/2008)

By jess

Rash on Top of Feet

1. Go to a dermatologist.
  2. Before you make an appointment, find out if the dermatologist treats feet with rash, fungus or what ever problem you are having with your

feet. Not all dermatologists are specialized in the same field.

3. When you get there, pay attention. Before any treatment is prescribed, the dermatologist should take a sample of your skin and send it to a

lab for testing to diagnose the correct infection. If that is not being done, tell the dermatologist politely to have a sample of the infected

area sent to a lab for testing. The reason why this is important. They are several types of feet infections that look the same and all the cures

are different. (08/01/2008)

By Rudy

Rash on Top of Feet

I got rid of a ten year rash on top of my foot by burning it with crushed garlic. I applied it for 5 minutes only on the rash because I couldn't

stand any more. The skin formed blisters. It took 2 weeks to heal and my itch never ever came back. My skin used to look like a peeling cracked

sore, which bled if I scratched too hard. Now my skin is soft, without scars and never itchy. (09/02/2008)

By Chris

Rash on Top of Feet

This itchy rash on the tops of my feet is horrible. It comes and goes. It mostly starts up in the evenings. I think I have a bug bite, but the

more I itch, the further it spreads. Within 5 minutes both of my feet are blood red and swollen and I can feel little tiny hives covering the

tops of my feet. I spray hair spray on them when it gets really bad and the itch stops. Strange and Irritating, but true. (10/06/2008)

By Amy

Rash on Top of Feet

I have had this for a few years now and living in England the weather is cold for about 70% of the year. I went to Florida in the summer and the

rash appeared as a direct result of the heat. The same happened to me in Australia and SE Asia on previous holidays.

From seeing doctors and dermatologists this is what I have discovered:

Creams are fairly useless unless they have some form of steroid to increase recovery. most creams irritate, however moisturizer can help when

the rash is gone and the skin has dried. (12/05/2008)

By Joe

Rash on Top of Feet

I have had a rash on the top of my feet for 15 years. Have been to Doctors, Dermatologists, etc., etc. The only thing that helped was

cortisone ointment (had to be the ointment, not cream) I hated using it so used it for a few weeks to clear it up and then stopped for a couple

of weeks and it always came back. Over the years has spread and I have ended up with cellulitis at times.

Recently I read in a magazine about a lady who cured a rash on her hand with wet wrap therapy. I decided to try and in a week my feet have

improved 100%. I can't believe it. I put on a wet sock and wrapped my foot in Glad Wrap and in the morning took it off and rubbed moisturizing

cream into my foot. Did it for a week and it improved every morning. No itch, less swelling, redness is going and I just can't believe that

something so simple has helped so much. I have stopped doing it now and rub a Vitamin E and Aloe Vera moisture gel into my foot each night. If

it looks like coming back I will get the wet sock on again. But so far it's good. Wow! (12/19/2008)

By Alana

Rash on Top of Feet

Has anyone thought of Scabies? I know they sound gross but they are very common.
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/scabies-topic-overview (01/30/2009)

By Melissa

Rash on Top of Feet

I got a liquid from CVS called Mercuroclear comes in a little bottle, used for something a bit different but really seems to help. (06/11/2009)

By bluemoon98