Browsing: What Breed is My Dog?

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

What Breed is My Dog?

It can be difficult to determine a dog's breed without a DNA test. This is guide about "What breed is my dog?".

mixed breed dog
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 22, 2016 Flag

Does anyone know what breed this dog is?

tricolored dog lying down in the dirt
Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 22, 2016 Flag

I am trying to figure out what my Boxer might be mixed with. It almost looks like she could be mixed with Pit Bull? When I adopted her the animal rescue didn't say what her mix was and no info was on her paperwork. I will be taking her to the vet soon for a check up and to see if they could have an answer.

blackened white puppy closeupWhat Breed Is My Dog?

September 15, 2015 Flag

With so many people asking "What breed is my dog?" on here I thought I'd share a cute, quick answer that anyone can use, any time someone asks what breeds are in your mutt, or "what kind of dog is that?"

dog howling

We had a dog that was a Boxer Shepherd mix (at least near as we could tell). We didn't care what was in the dog, but people were always asking, so we decided when anyone would ask we would answer "Oh, she's a Standard American Browndog." You say it with a completely straight face, followed by a little smile and a wink if you wish. It lets people know that you: a)don't know and b)don't care---she's your baby and you love her as much as any pedigreed purebred.

For different shapes, sizes, and colors of dogs you just adjust it a little. You could say "he's a Miniature Dutch Parti-Colour", or "she's a Petite Noir Pees-a-Lot", or "He's a Tri-Color Tailwagger". Just make up something and go with it.

When you do this people get kind-of a blank look on their face for a minute, and then they (almost always) get it. It's usually a good conversation starter too.

The photo is our "Standard American Browndog", Princess, howling that she wants to ride on the tractor!

May 26, 2016 Flag

I just got this little guy yesterday and am just curious what kind of dog he is? Will he get very big? Normal questions of what I should expect. I have 2 little dogs and have never owned a big dog. I'm assuming he might get pretty big. This is just me going off of his paw size as he is barely 3 months old. Help with these answers would be very appreciated! Thank you!

white puppy with yellowish earsWhat Breed Is My Dog?

I love the US. You're the only country that has invented a 'breed' you call Australian shepherd. In Australia this puppy would probably be identified as a Border Collie. I hope that's what you've got. Beautiful breed. I love my boy.

Read More Answers...

August 15, 2016 Flag

I found a stray puppy; is it a Pit Bull or a mix?

gray and white dog

Looks just like my step daughters dog, and she's full pitbull.

August 4, 2016 Flag

I rescued these stray puppies and momma dog; they were starving. I've been feeding them like two or three weeks now. They're mixed breeds and I am wondering what breed they are? Thanks.

What Breed Are My Puppies?What Breed Are My Puppies?What Breed Are My Puppies?

How do I do a reply with a picture? I'll post what they look like now, the collage was I think the day we brought them to our home on a farm and the mom does not like men, at all.. She is very protective over me, my guess is she was abused by men because of you even raise your hand up she'll tuck her tail and her head and back away, I feel bad because they follow me everywhere and go towards the road, two more strays showed up the other week also they look like a lab mix and they were starving and skinny my guess is someone threw them out. The two brownish puppies with white and black nose look like a pit, German shepard (the black one to me looks nothing like a pit but I don't know) and a black mouth cur mix. I grew up around dogs my whole life because people would throw them out (I've always lived in country) and at one time we had like 18 dogs and 15 cats. It was hard to keep them all alive though because we didn't have fence it was in deep woods and they would go wondering and get shot by hunters or someone would poison them or a snake or coyote would get them. But if I can figure out how to post pictures in reply (I'm new to this site) I'll show you what they all look like now. Thanks

Read More Answers...

October 15, 2011 Flag

Black dog with a white chest and huge stand up ears.My puppy is 5 1/2 months old. I rescued her from a shelter 2 months ago. I have no history on her. The vet at the shelter thought she was a mix of German Shepherd and Belgian Malinois. Her ears are huge but so cool. She is the smartest dog I have ever seen!
Any thoughts? Thanx.

By mama T*

Best Answer

The vet may be on the right track. Another idea is part Pharaoh hound. http://www.dogdict.org/pharaoh-hound-18.html

Read More Answers...

August 13, 2016 Flag

I recently adopted this female puppy. I was told she is a Cane Corso and English Mastiff mix. The vet doubts this, but I saw the parents. A friend says she is part Boxer, I think Bulldog or Bull Mastiff. She weighs only 4 lbs at 7 weeks while she should weigh around 14 if she is what they say she is. I already ordered a DNA test, I am hoping by September to have the real results.

What Breed Is My Dog?What Breed Is My Dog?What Breed Is My Dog?

I see Boxer, Mastiff and probably some Cane Corso in the parents.

The fact is, if your puppy was the runt of the litter she could weigh half as much as the firstborn at birth and even less at adoption time, as the bigger puppies take the lion's share and a smaller puppy gets pushed aside.

January 14, 2015 Flag
profile of Ella

Your Pet's Age
2

Your Pet's Breed
Mixed

How and when did you get your pet?
I rescued little Ella and her brother George (in his forever home) from hell in November 2012, at 6 weeks old, near death.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Miss Ella loves to run, loves to play with my little nephew and nieces, she snuggles at night with me and big (younger brother) Tink, everyone stops and chats when they see Ella as she gets so happy to meet new people and their fur babies.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Miss Ella is the most beautiful natured little girl, considering her past. She just loves to love!

playing in the waterlying down on couch

October 22, 2015 Flag

I found my dog 4 months ago when he was 45 days old in a dumpster trash. He was in bad shape. We took him to the vet and did 2 vaccinations and tommorow he will go for the third, he is good now. The vet says he is a sheep dog mix or Foxhound. I don't know because his mother was a stray dog and she went with all the other dogs maybe. It will be great if you help find what breed he is.

What Breed Is My Dog?brindle and white dog with freckles

What EVER he may be he's cute as PIE! (& he matches the tile floor, so OBVIOUSLY it's meant to be!!) He reminds me of an ol' spotted spaniel bird dog I had many years ago, with a bit of a wire haired breed thrown in for good measure- maybe Airedale? WhatVL EVER he is, he's ADORABLE!!! Have a GREAT life together!;

Read More Answers...

August 18, 2016 Flag

What type of puppy is she? All I know is Lab mix.

black dog with white feet and stand up ears
Load More
Pets Dogs Dog BreedsNovember 4, 2013
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 11:11:36 PM on 10.0.0.77 in 9 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.