Browsing: What Breed is My Dog?

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

What Breed is My Dog?

It can be difficult to determine a dog's breed without a DNA test. This is guide about "What breed is my dog?".

mixed breed dog
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 15, 2015 Flag

With so many people asking "What breed is my dog?" on here I thought I'd share a cute, quick answer that anyone can use, any time someone asks what breeds are in your mutt, or "what kind of dog is that?"dog howling

We had a dog that was a Boxer Shepherd mix (at least near as we could tell). We didn't care what was in the dog, but people were always asking, so we decided when anyone would ask we would answer "Oh, she's a Standard American Browndog." You say it with a completely straight face, followed by a little smile and a wink if you wish. It lets people know that you: a)don't know and b)don't care---she's your baby and you love her as much as any pedigreed purebred.

For different shapes, sizes, and colors of dogs you just adjust it a little. You could say "he's a Miniature Dutch Parti-Colour", or "she's a Petite Noir Pees-a-Lot", or "He's a Tri-Color Tailwagger". Just make up something and go with it.

When you do this people get kind-of a blank look on their face for a minute, and then they (almost always) get it. It's usually a good conversation starter too.

The photo is our "Standard American Browndog", Princess, howling that she wants to ride on the tractor!

January 14, 2015 Flag
profile of Ella

Your Pet's Age
2

Your Pet's Breed
Mixed

How and when did you get your pet?
I rescued little Ella and her brother George (in his forever home) from hell in November 2012, at 6 weeks old, near death.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Miss Ella loves to run, loves to play with my little nephew and nieces, she snuggles at night with me and big (younger brother) Tink, everyone stops and chats when they see Ella as she gets so happy to meet new people and their fur babies.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Miss Ella is the most beautiful natured little girl, considering her past. She just loves to love!

playing in the waterlying down on couch

September 20, 2016 Flag

Could someone help me to identify the breed of my puppy?

What Breed Is My Dog?What Breed Is My Dog?
Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 12, 2016 Flag

Anybody know what mix this stray pup is? It still has baby teeth. Sometimes one ear flops more forward than the other. It is very pleasing and a quick learner. It loves playing with other dogs. There is a white tip on the tail, white on chin, and a white shirt.

tan puppy with head cockedWhat Breed Is My Dog?

Thanks Abigail! Never heard of the Belgian Malinois. Now that I have researched, you seem dead on. Thanks for the response:)!

You're welcome.

January 14, 2015 Flag
closeup

Your Pet's Age
14 months

Your Pet's Breed
Rotweiler Cross

How and when did you get your pet?
I was asked to take him in, from yet another violent abusive home. He was 4 months old, they had burnt his face, and a lot of horrid things. He has submissive weeing from it hence his name Tinkles (aka Mister Tinkles). Lol

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Tink likes to do anything I do, he loves going in the car, swimming, and going to the park, but due to his size, 40 odd kg, he's not a big runner. He loves jumping in the shower with me. He honestly just loves life!

He is the second dog I have removed from an abusive home. He has so much love for everyone, but not a fan of people in black caps! A very very trusting remarkable boy.

Tink lying downowner and Think

September 15, 2016 Flag

My puppy's mom was a Shih Tzu and the father is unknown. Any guess on what she is mixed with?

small try-color puppy with frecklesWhat Breed Mix Is My Puppy?What Breed Mix Is My Puppy?

Cavalier King Charles spaniel. I see a lot of it in your puppy.

September 10, 2016 Flag

What breed is my dog? I thought maybe Lab. Any help?

black puppy with white on chest and feet and black frecklesWhat Breed Is My Dog?

You're adorable baby is beautiful! I see a bit of the Border Collie markings, also a small amount of a terrier, like a schnauzer, due to features of his facisl fur. He is definitely mostly lab, and Border Collie in my opinion, both from the working dog group and very smart! Give him a soft hug from me!

Thank you. He is very smart! Also very rambunctious!

September 9, 2016 Flag

I just got a puppy. I think he might be a Chihuahua.

light brown dog with white feet and large earsWhat Breed Is My Dog?

He is gorgeous! I agree, he looks like he is a Chihuahua. If he were bigger than the small size he actually is, I would have guessed a Basenji, the barkless breed of dog. Give him a soft hug from me !

Thank you

September 18, 2016 Flag

I got my puppy and she's an absolute stunner! We love her and she's a very clever little girl. I realise brindle mutts are only possible in certain mixes and am just wondering what do you guys think she could be? We know the mummy was a German Shepherd and the daddy was a Boxer, although I wasn't sure whether he was full Boxer. What do you guys think?

brindle puppyWhat Breed Is My Dog?

May 26, 2016 Flag

I just got this little guy yesterday and am just curious what kind of dog he is? Will he get very big? Normal questions of what I should expect. I'm assuming he might get pretty big. This is just me going off of his paw size as he is barely 3 months old.

white puppy with yellowish ears

October 15, 2011 Flag

My puppy is 5 1/2 months old. I rescued her from a shelter 2 months ago. I have no history on her. The vet at the shelter thought she was a mix of German Shepherd and Belgian Malinois. Her ears are huge but so cool. She is the smartest dog I have ever seen!Any thoughts? Thanx.

Black dog with a white chest and huge stand up ears.

Load More
Pets Dogs Dog BreedsNovember 4, 2013
Photo of a pure bred dalmatian.
Dalmatian Breed Information and Photos
Cairn Terrier
Cairn Terrier Breed Information and Photos
Welsh Terrier
Welsh Terrier Breed Information
Cat
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 21, 2016 at 12:17:35 PM on 10.0.2.214 in 11 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.