Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Dog With Itchy Ears

Itchy ears can drive your dog crazy. This is a guide about remedies for a dog with itchy ears.

Here are questions related to Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears.

Question: Remedy for Dog With Itchy Inflamed Ears

Small tan and white dog.My dog is a Dachshund mix and her ears are horrid. They are red and inflamed, very scaly, and very sore. They have raw spots that are bleeding all over the inside flap of her ear. We bought her ear drops made by Sentry for ear mites, ticks, and itch relief. We give her 5 drops, two times a day, but it is still not working! Please tell me what's wrong.

By Haley. C

Most Recent Answer

By Blondie09/20/2013

Get zymox ear treatment. You can order online at www.entirelypets.com and you won't be disappointed! It works and it is great. Begins to work immediately.

Question: Preventing a Dog's Recurring Ear Problems

My dog has had ear problems since I got her. I have taken her to the vet and they gave me a wash and a solution (oil based) for after the wash. What can I use instead of going to the vet since she seems to get this every six months and it is very costly? What can I use or buy? I have white vinegar/water mixture 50/50. Isn't mineral oil also good and what do I mix that with? I'd like to prevent this from happening. Any feedback would be most appreciated.

By Jeannette

Most Recent Answer

By Blondie09/19/2013

A good product to have on hand for recurring ear problems is zymox - a great product! You can get ear cleaner and ear treatment. Do a google search on zymox or order at entirelypets.com - you won't be disappointed -it works!

Question: Remedy for Dog's Dry Itchy Inner Ear Flap

Closeup of dog.I have a Shih tzu Pug mix who has one ear that is red and scaly. She scratches it quite often. I am looking for a home remedy. Her ears have been cleaned. There are no mites. Please help as this looks quite painful and uncomfortable.

By Kim

Most Recent Answer

By MJ [2]05/13/2013

Your dog possibly has a yeast infection. Swab the area with a solution of vinegar diluted with a bit with water if it is inflamed. Continue doing this until it is cleared up. Vinegar kills yeast infections.

Question: What Causes Itchy Ears in Dogs?

My dog has been licking my younger dog's ears. Now they are itchy and my younger dog keeps shaking his head. Is the licking causing a problem?

By Annie from Brunswick, GA

Most Recent Answer

By NEWFIEGIRL [8]07/22/2013

The older dog has been trying to help the younger one. Please talk to your veterinarian about this.

Question: Itchy Dog Ears

What home remedy can I use for my Cocker Spaniel with itchy, red ears?

By Paula

Question: Home Remedy for Dog's Itchy Ears

When his ears start to bother him, what can I use to relieve the pain? We can't get to his vet right away.

By Sarah

Most Recent Answer

By NEWFIEGIRL [8]04/14/2014

Have you considered asking the Vet to make a "house call"?

Question: Remedy for Dog's Itchy Ears

Black Lab with blue collar.I have read all of the questions here and none of them quite fit our situation. My 8 year old Lab has itchy ears. The difference is they are clean and not smelly. He shakes his head and does all of the behaviors associated with an infection, but there is no redness or scaly skin. Poor guy needs some relief.

By Ginger R from TX

Most Recent Answer

By NEWFIEGIRL [8]03/14/2014

The solution to your Dog's "on-going" ear problem is simple. Contact your veterinarian.

Question: Dog With Itchy Ears

Beagle puppy.I have a Beagle puppy that is constantly scratching his ear. It seems to bother him a lot. What could be causing it?

By Adriana R

Most Recent Answer

By Janus [8]02/06/2014

Could be ear mites or could be an ear infection. Dogs with long floppy ears are prone to ear infections. Please take this baby to the vet.

Question: Treating a Dog's Itchy Ears

I have a 4 year old Cockapoo with itchy smelly ears. He scratces them constantly, rubs them on the ground and seems to enjoy when I rub them as well. They are smelly, itchy, very dry, yellow and flaky, and when I touch them they seem to feel rather warm. What kind of home remedy can I use to make this stop and make him more comfortable? Any suggestions will help, thank you!

By Alexa S.

Most Recent Answer

By Stephanie [117]01/24/2014

Sounds like a bad ear infection. You can try making ear drops by diluting apple cider vinegar, but ultimately I would recommend you go to the vet for an antibiotic ear wash, especially since the infection is established and is giving off heat. I wouldn't wait long since your baby is obviously uncomfortable.

Question: Treating a Dog's Stinky, Itchy Ears

I am looking for a home remedy for my dog's itchy, stinky ears. Any suggestions?

By Ed

Most Recent Answer

By ComputerScott [1]11/21/2011

You can take them to the vet and get special ear drops.

Question: The Inside of Dog's Ears Constantly Dry

How do you relieve dry skin in a dog's ears? His ears are dry inside and out. I clean them all the time because he scratches the side of his face until it bleeds! Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

By Stephanie

Most Recent Answer

By NEWFIEGIRL [8]08/25/2011

With no disrespect have you considered making appointment with the only qualfied person to contact about this problem? your Veterinarian

Question: Treatment For Dog's Itchy Ears

Is there an over the counter cure for persistent ear itching? It seems to be moisture driven, ie., floppy ears and lots of snow outside.

By Wayne from Buckhorn, Ontario

Most Recent Answer

By Lindaspy [2]12/15/2011

I have a Morkies, My vet told me to use half and half water and vinegar,,squirt it in the ear and rub it for a little bit, then take a cotton ball on a tweezer and stick it down to clean it out..

Most of the time they get water in the ears from baths so he stated to put a couple drops of mineral oil and then put a cotton ball in the ear before you give the dog it's bath.. I never heard of mouthwash and would suggest you contact your vet before you do anything like that.

Also, the vet recommended to clean their teeth with half and half of baking soda and salt,,mix up a paste and I use my fingers cause my dogs hate the tooth brush so while I'm sitting with them I put it on the forefingers and just move them back and forth on their teeth.

Hope that helps.

Question: Treating an Allergy in a Dog's Ear

I am looking for a home remedy for allergies in a dog's ear. His ear tends to itch and get red. Is there something I can do other than the panalog that the vet prescribed?

Karen

Most Recent Answer

By Donna03/27/2010

My 12 year old chihuahua had a bad smell in his ear. After spending money at the local vet, nothing was helping. I tried oral antibiotics, creams, yogurt (temporarily helped) and ointments. I decided to change his food supply to a brand called 'Nutro Natural Choice Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Small Bites Dog Food'. After a week, the smell was completely gone and his yeast ear infection is gone!

I wanted to share this with many of you. Please Please, try this dog food. It is a bit more costly but you will see a difference in your dogs overall smell, appearance, energy, skin and shedding.

Also, my 7 year old German Shepherd eats the same formula and he doesn't stink even after coming in from the rain. He's not itching and his shedding has stopped. Let me note that I do brush him once a week with a furminator which helps out as well.

The Dog Food contains: *Glucosamine and chondroitin for healthy joints
*Antioxidant protection for a healthy immune system
*All natural fortified with vitamins and minerals

Don't give up and don't let your dog suffer the effects of smelly itchy ears anymore! I try to share this bit of information with as many dog lovers as I can. . The few extra dollars a month is so well worth it!!

Thanks, Donna

Solutions: Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!