Cleaning Pet Urine Stains and Odors from Laminate Flooring

Because of its composition, removing pet urine stains and odors from laminate flooring may seem daunting. This is a guide about cleaning pet urine stains and odors from laminate flooring.

April 27, 2016 Flag

Today, I was on here looking how to get these stains off my new dark laminate flooring. My dog baby peed on my new flooring several times when I was away. No one knew how to remove the white stains from my floors. So while I was looking under my sink, I found Orange Glo. I decided to spray a little on the white spot and it worked. I went over it with a soft cloth and the floors look better than when I first got them and it gave them a nice shine. Wow, that was lucky. Just wanted to share this tip.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 28, 2016 Flag

I have laminate floors. How can I remove the strong smell of dog urine from my floors?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I swear by Nature's Miracle urine remover. It breaks down urine crystals. You use it full strength and must cover all areas. It can take up to two weeks to break down the crystals. If there is still an odor, you missed a spot. Just reapply.

February 28, 2011 Flag

I have wood laminate floors through out my living room. When I had a rug down, one of my cats started peeing on the corner of it. When I realized, she had done it so much, that it seeped through the rug to the floor. I picked up the rug and cleaned the floor.

Now, my dog thinks she can pee there. I have used Nature's Miracle, vinegar, and just about every pet stain/odor thing I can get my hands on; however, she continues to use this same spot. It isn't as often as it used to be, but she still does it!

I am going crazy. It's ruining the laminate (it's warped now) and the urine has touched other pieces of furniture.

So, any advice? (sorry this was so long)

By Jessie from Baton Rouge, LA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Our house has laminate and the previous owners cats peed everywhere. It was an awful smell. We ran air purifiers then cleaned every surface before moving in. We've had no more problems. You probably can't do that. I would cut out just a little bit more than the actual spot itself, and glue in more rather than replacing the whole section. Unless you have a piece from the original install you cannot match laminate, they change the colors constantly so you'll have to replace the whole floor. (Always good idea to buy extra) consider cutting a piece out of a closet or somewhere unnoticeable so the living room will match and put the unlatching piece in the closet!

My dog started peeing in my bathroom because the cat did when were away. I cleaned it with a vinegar, baking soda water mix and began feeding him in there to break the habit. They usually won't pee where they eat. I have returned to crating him when I leave and taking him to pee spot upon my return. Hope it works!

I came on this site earlier today to find out how to get white urine stains off my dark colored laminate flooring. I went under my sink and found orange Glo in a spray bottle so I tried it on a small spot on my floor. It worked great than i went over it with a cloth cleaner for laminate floors it looks better than it did when was first put in. and the floors shine. Just had to come back on here to share this with all of you. Try it .

July 26, 2016 Flag

Just like the rest of us, my dogs go to the bathroom outside usually, but if I am gone for a long period of time, my little dog will go behind the couch and urinate. It has left the wood feeling rough. Now that I have the vinegar and baking soda solution to remedy my problem of the smell, will this damage the wooden surface of the rest of my floor which is laminate hard wood.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 18, 2010 Flag

I have a laminate floor that is 3 yrs old. I got a new dog and he marks the floor when I leave home. I have wiped up the urine mess every time I come home, but it has left stains on the laminate that seem to be permanent. I have tried several cleaners that remove pet stains and they have done nothing. My floor looks terrible now. Is there anything I can use to remove these stain marks on my floor? Please help!

By Gary from AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have you tried vinegar and water?

Can you contact the manufacturer of the flooring (or any laminate flooring) for ideas? Good Luck!

I would suggest the vinegar too. It is suppose to get rid of urine smells, plus it kills germs.

May 5, 2013 Flag

I have a problem with dog urine odor on our laminate floor. Our dog was left with our adult kids looking in on him. Possibly someone missed their turn. The dog flooded a room with urine, enough that they had to use a furniture blanket to soak up the urine. I believe the urine soaked under the baseboard and into the joints where the laminate fits together. What can I use to eliminate the odor? The floor does not appear damaged or buckled in any way. I have tried spray from the pet store, but cannot remove the smell.

By Linda S.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try Vodka. That is what I use. It is about 13.00. I put it in a spray bottle and let it set for about 5 minutes and then mop. Works for me and removes the odor.

I have forgotten all

About using Vodka as the "miracle" cleaner. I have been using the vinegar dawn dish liquid (only the blue dawn works) and essential oils (usually the peppermint). Although the smell is gone to my nose which is highly sensitive to any smell the smell is still there to the dogs which continue to go in the same areas. I will defiantly give this a try ! I seen it can be used for glass, mirrors Windows well just about every thing that needs cleaning ! If it doesn't work well I guess we can use the vodka for what it was intended for lol. Thanks for that reminder !

February 3, 2016 Flag

What household product can I use to remove cat urine and odor from a laminated floor? My cat had a stroke, per the vet, this is the 1st time it peed since Saturday.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 2, 2012 Flag

Embarrassing question, but here goes. I have two Shih tzus who are older and have starting peeing on my laminate floor. Is there any way to get the smell out? They have ruined my floor, of course, but I can't replace it right now. I have used Clorox when mopping, vinegar, plain water, and Pinesol. Nothing helps long-term. I even emailed Pergo asking for help and of course got no response.

By Elaine B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try 1 cup of regular hydrogen peroxide mixed with 1 tablespoon ammonia. I got this recipe from another person on this site and it works well. Spray it onto the affected areas, let sit a while, then blot up with paper towels.

The person who installed our laminate said don't let liquids set on the floors.He has been installing for about 13 years and said laminate is pressed cardboard.

September 26, 2006 Flag

I am looking for advice about removing cat urine odor from laminate flooring.

Kay from Atlanta, GA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a laminated floor and the "claim" of these floors are that they are so totally non-porus...I don't understand how the cat urine could penetrate that much to smell.

That is why the laminate floors are so hard to clean...you have to wipe up every bit of water or dampness, because they are so non-porus it just lays on the top...how did the cat urine get into the floor?!?

Are you sure it is a laminate flooring?

Go to a Convalescent Aids Store or health care place where the sell the deord. products for the home potties. Try that on the floor.

Help, I have an older cat that thinks my laminate floor is her litter box. I think the odor may even be coming where it has seeped into the seams of the floor. Is there any product I can use or do I have to replace the floor and subfloor.

I just read a posting on removing urine smell from concrete and/or wood flooring, and they suggested white vinegar. I too have a laminate floor, and I am giving it a whirl. Hope it works.

July 17, 2015 Flag

I have a new puppy that has had a few accidents on my wood laminate flooring. I try to catch it, but there were a few times that it has happened while at work. It hasn't ruined the floor, but the smell is starting to get bad. I clean my floor everyday about 2x to 3x a day. I've tried the pet store products, but nothing has worked. Any advice on getting rid of the smell?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 30, 2013 Flag

Our new puppy has had several accidents on our wood laminate flooring. We wipe it up as soon as we find it, but it seems to be removing the finish off of the floor. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

By Marty

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 14, 2013 Flag

How do you clean dog urine off a brand new laminate floor?

By lamend22

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsFebruary 27, 2013
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
cleaning products on a floor
Cleaning Pet Urine Odors on Floors
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 4:31:31 PM on 10.0.1.151 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.