Removing Pet Urine Stains and Odors from Laminate Flooring

Because of its composition, removing pet urine stains and odors from laminate flooring may seem daunting. This is a guide about removing pet urine stains and odors from laminate flooring.

Dog on Laminate Flooring
Filter Sort

Question: Removing Pet Urine Odor from Wood Laminate Flooring

By jessie 1

I have wood laminate floors through out my living room. When I had a rug down, one of my cats started peeing on the corner of it. When I realized, she had done it so much, that it seeped through the rug to the floor. I picked up the rug and cleaned the floor.

Now, my dog thinks she can pee there. I have used Nature's Miracle, vinegar, and just about every pet stain/odor thing I can get my hands on; however, she continues to use this same spot. It isn't as often as it used to be, but she still does it!

I am going crazy. It's ruining the laminate (it's warped now) and the urine has touched other pieces of furniture.

So, any advice? (sorry this was so long)

By Jessie from Baton Rouge, LA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Mistie 21 40 Flag

Our house has laminate and the previous owners cats peed everywhere. It was an awful smell. We ran air purifiers then cleaned every surface before moving in. We've had no more problems. You probably can't do that. I would cut out just a little bit more than the actual spot itself, and glue in more rather than replacing the whole section. Unless you have a piece from the original install you cannot match laminate, they change the colors constantly so you'll have to replace the whole floor. (Always good idea to buy extra) consider cutting a piece out of a closet or somewhere unnoticeable so the living room will match and put the unlatching piece in the closet!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Pet Urine Stains on Laminate Flooring

By Gary 1

I have a laminate floor that is 3 yrs old. I got a new dog and he marks the floor when I leave home. I have wiped up the urine mess every time I come home, but it has left stains on the laminate that seem to be permanent. I have tried several cleaners that remove pet stains and they have done nothing. My floor looks terrible now. Is there anything I can use to remove these stain marks on my floor? Please help!

By Gary from AZ

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Patty 5 Flag

I would suggest the vinegar too. It is suppose to get rid of urine smells, plus it kills germs.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Cat Urine Odor From Laminate Flooring

I am looking for advice about removing cat urine odor from laminate flooring.

Kay from Atlanta, GA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I just read a posting on removing urine smell from concrete and/or wood flooring, and they suggested white vinegar. I too have a laminate floor, and I am giving it a whirl. Hope it works.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Pet Urine Smell from Laminate Flooring

I have a problem with dog urine odor on our laminate floor. Our dog was left with our adult kids looking in on him. Possibly someone missed their turn. The dog flooded a room with urine, enough that they had to use a furniture blanket to soak up the urine. I believe the urine soaked under the baseboard and into the joints where the laminate fits together. What can I use to eliminate the odor? The floor does not appear damaged or buckled in any way. I have tried spray from the pet store, but cannot remove the smell.

By Linda S.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By nikkiseed 1 Flag

Try Vodka. That is what I use. It is about 13.00. I put it in a spray bottle and let it set for about 5 minutes and then mop. Works for me and removes the odor.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Pet Urine Odor on Laminate Floor

Embarrassing question, but here goes. I have two Shih tzus who are older and have starting peeing on my laminate floor. Is there any way to get the smell out? They have ruined my floor, of course, but I can't replace it right now. I have used Clorox when mopping, vinegar, plain water, and Pinesol. Nothing helps long-term. I even emailed Pergo asking for help and of course got no response.

By Elaine B.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By MSDoc 1 3 Flag

Try 1 cup of regular hydrogen peroxide mixed with 1 tablespoon ammonia. I got this recipe from another person on this site and it works well. Spray it onto the affected areas, let sit a while, then blot up with paper towels.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Dog Urine Smell on Wood Laminate Floor

By Meghan G. 1

I have a new puppy that has had a few accidents on my wood laminate flooring. I try to catch it, but there were a few times that it has happened while at work. It hasn't ruined the floor, but the smell is starting to get bad. I clean my floor everyday about 2x to 3x a day. I've tried the pet store products, but nothing has worked. Any advice on getting rid of the smell?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Pet Accidents Damaging Wood Laminate Floor Finish

Our new puppy has had several accidents on our wood laminate flooring. We wipe it up as soon as we find it, but it seems to be removing the finish off of the floor. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

By Marty

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsFebruary 27, 2013
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
    Cleaning Laminate Flooring
    Dog Urinating Outdoors
    Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
    cat on a tile floor
    Removing Urine Stains and Smell From a Tile Floor
    cleaning products on a floor
    Removing Pet Urine Odors on Floors
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 8:28:28 AM on 10.0.1.92 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsProducts
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings