Cleaning Pet Urine Stains and Odors from Laminate Flooring

Because of its composition, removing pet urine stains and odors from laminate flooring may seem daunting. This is a guide about cleaning pet urine stains and odors from laminate flooring.

Dog on Laminate Flooring
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 27, 2016 Flag

Today, I was on here looking how to get these stains off my new dark laminate flooring. My dog baby peed on my new flooring several times when I was away. No one knew how to remove the white stains from my floors. So while I was looking under my sink, I found Orange Glo. I decided to spray a little on the white spot and it worked. I went over it with a soft cloth and the floors look better than when I first got them and it gave them a nice shine. Wow, that was lucky. Just wanted to share this tip.

February 28, 2011 Flag

I have wood laminate floors through out my living room. When I had a rug down, one of my cats started peeing on the corner of it. When I realized, she had done it so much, that it seeped through the rug to the floor. I picked up the rug and cleaned the floor.

Now, my dog thinks she can pee there. I have used Nature's Miracle, vinegar, and just about every pet stain/odor thing I can get my hands on; however, she continues to use this same spot. It isn't as often as it used to be, but she still does it!

I am going crazy. It's ruining the laminate (it's warped now) and the urine has touched other pieces of furniture.

So, any advice? (sorry this was so long)

By Jessie from Baton Rouge, LA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I use Odoban on all porous surfaces. It has a nice after smell and the dogs don't get the scent from where they 'did their deed' before.

I think, with laminate, the only thing you can do is replace that section. There is a "Pee Recipe" I posted (just search on Thrifty Fun), but it has to sit on the article and dry - that's going to warp the laminate. We have alot of laminate in our house and I wouldn't try it.

Our house has laminate and the previous owners cats peed everywhere. It was an awful smell. We ran air purifiers then cleaned every surface before moving in. We've had no more problems. You probably can't do that. I would cut out just a little bit more than the actual spot itself, and glue in more rather than replacing the whole section. Unless you have a piece from the original install you cannot match laminate, they change the colors constantly so you'll have to replace the whole floor. (Always good idea to buy extra) consider cutting a piece out of a closet or somewhere unnoticeable so the living room will match and put the unlatching piece in the closet!

July 18, 2010 Flag

I have a laminate floor that is 3 yrs old. I got a new dog and he marks the floor when I leave home. I have wiped up the urine mess every time I come home, but it has left stains on the laminate that seem to be permanent. I have tried several cleaners that remove pet stains and they have done nothing. My floor looks terrible now. Is there anything I can use to remove these stain marks on my floor? Please help!

By Gary from AZ

Have you tried vinegar and water?

Can you contact the manufacturer of the flooring (or any laminate flooring) for ideas? Good Luck!

I would suggest the vinegar too. It is suppose to get rid of urine smells, plus it kills germs.

May 5, 2013 Flag

I have a problem with dog urine odor on our laminate floor. Our dog was left with our adult kids looking in on him. Possibly someone missed their turn. The dog flooded a room with urine, enough that they had to use a furniture blanket to soak up the urine. I believe the urine soaked under the baseboard and into the joints where the laminate fits together. What can I use to eliminate the odor? The floor does not appear damaged or buckled in any way. I have tried spray from the pet store, but cannot remove the smell.

By Linda S.

Try Vodka. That is what I use. It is about 13.00. I put it in a spray bottle and let it set for about 5 minutes and then mop. Works for me and removes the odor.

September 26, 2006 Flag

I am looking for advice about removing cat urine odor from laminate flooring.

Kay from Atlanta, GA

I have a laminated floor and the "claim" of these floors are that they are so totally non-porus...I don't understand how the cat urine could penetrate that much to smell.

That is why the laminate floors are so hard to clean...you have to wipe up every bit of water or dampness, because they are so non-porus it just lays on the top...how did the cat urine get into the floor?!?

Are you sure it is a laminate flooring?

Go to a Convalescent Aids Store or health care place where the sell the deord. products for the home potties. Try that on the floor.

Help, I have an older cat that thinks my laminate floor is her litter box. I think the odor may even be coming where it has seeped into the seams of the floor. Is there any product I can use or do I have to replace the floor and subfloor.

I just read a posting on removing urine smell from concrete and/or wood flooring, and they suggested white vinegar. I too have a laminate floor, and I am giving it a whirl. Hope it works.

February 2, 2012 Flag

Embarrassing question, but here goes. I have two Shih tzus who are older and have starting peeing on my laminate floor. Is there any way to get the smell out? They have ruined my floor, of course, but I can't replace it right now. I have used Clorox when mopping, vinegar, plain water, and Pinesol. Nothing helps long-term. I even emailed Pergo asking for help and of course got no response.

By Elaine B.

Try 1 cup of regular hydrogen peroxide mixed with 1 tablespoon ammonia. I got this recipe from another person on this site and it works well. Spray it onto the affected areas, let sit a while, then blot up with paper towels.

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsFebruary 27, 2013
    Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
    Cleaning Laminate Flooring
    laminate wood flooring
    White Marks on Laminate Flooring
    Dog Urinating Outdoors
    Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
    cleaning products on a floor
    Cleaning Pet Urine Odors on Floors
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 28, 2016 at 8:09:07 PM on 10.0.0.85 in 255 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.