Recipes Using Zucchini

Summertime can bring an abundance of this summer squash. This page contains recipes using zucchini.

August 14, 2013 Flag

Yes, it is the time of year we long for during long, dark winter nights, the time of warmth and plenty. Trouble for some of us is that plenty can quickly become a bit too much as the glut of produce arrives more and more zucchini and vegetable marrows are pressed upon us by harassed harvesters who put a few too many plants in 'just in case'.

I never turn anything down; even when my husband, eyebrows raised, gently hisses 'what are you going to do with more of this stuff' as our hostess joyfully fills another bag with zucchini (or their awkwardly overgrown siblings, big, green, teenaged vegetable marrows) I don't know about you, but seeing the relief in the eyes of the gardener with a glut when someone will willingly take even just a little of their irresponsible over-production out of their sight, is worth a bit of puzzling over what on earth to do with it all once you get it home!

The secret of my survival is that I was blessed to be brought up in a family with its head in a book and its feet planted firmly in the land. I learned to dream and imagine, but I was also taught to cook and create usefully with my hands. There is a family story still dutifully told to our groaning children about how my brother, sister and I once fashioned a game from acorns and an egg carton, but we really did; not because we had to, but because it was fun and it made us laugh together. So as their eyes roll and they return to whatever electronic pacifier they are ruining their thumbs on, ours meet and we smile again at the binding memory.

Now we all have that miracle of the modern age, the cornucopia busting font of all knowledge the internet. I still think it is so amazing to be able to have half a dozen recipes for summer squash disposal literally at my fingertips and, thank my lucky stars, I have the skills to fearlessly use them, even to change them to suit our own tastes and use whatever is in the store cupboard.

So when I return to my beleaguered friends, wild eyed with the guilt of those who have had to compost something someone, anyone, should have eaten, I smile and serenely place a jar of my prized Marrow Ginger and Cardamom Jam, or Marrow Pickle on their table and anticipate the grateful gold rush that is bound to ensue!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 4 Comments

June 26, 2012 Flag
This is my "mystery" plant. Every year, I save seeds from last year's fruit. I had my tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers all marked as such, but I had one lot of seeds I did not know what they were. I planted them anyway and they turned out to be zucchini. I do not even remember saving them.

• 1 cup biscuit mix
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups shredded zucchini
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped onion
  • dash of salt
  • 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine

Directions:

Mix all together except for butter or margarine. Melt butter or margarine in large skillet. Drop spoonfuls of mix into hot skillet. Fry 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Serve hot.

Servings: 8
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes

By Eileen from Yorktown VA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 3 Comments

December 13, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about using zucchini instead of apple or pineapple when baking. Try using this versatile squash instead of fruit in your next baking.

Cut up zucchini to use in place of fruit.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 30, 2015 Flag

A delicious recipe using some of that garden zucchini you might have in abundance right now. Savory beef stuffed zucchini shells made in the microwave and stove instead of the hot oven for a great summer dinner!

boats in baking pan

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 17, 2012 Flag

Love vegetables from the garden!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 21, 2016 Flag

This page contains zucchini squash pancake recipes. Summer squash, such as zucchini, can be prepared in a way similar to a potato pancake.

Zucchini Squash Pancake Recipes

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 21, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about zucchini pie recipes. An excellent way to use up excess garden zucchini is a sweet or savory pie.

Zucchini Pie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 17, 2015 Flag

A good low carb recipe that uses up your extra zucchini. I made this in the toaster oven in a 9 x 13 inch pan, so as not to heat up the kitchen.

Parmesan on top of casserole

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 4, 2013 Flag

This might even convince some anti-vegie eaters to try them!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 25, 2012 Flag

This is a great combination of ingredients and it's also a great way to use some of the zucchini we are growing in our gardens.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 29, 2012 Flag

This is a great sauce on beef!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 7, 2008 Flag

In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in oil until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; saute 1 minute longer. Add vinegar and saute for 1-2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated and zucchini is evenly coated. Happy tasting.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 11, 2010 Flag

Dip sliced zucchini in egg and milk; then in a mixture of salt and pepper, cornmeal and flour. Fry until golden brown. Pour lemon sauce over zucchini and serve.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 7, 2010 Flag

Place broth, zucchini, and tarragon (or dill) in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the zucchini is tender, 7-10 minutes.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 2, 2007 Flag

As we all know, if you grow zucchini you are likely to have an overabundance. This is a great recipe to use them up.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 2, 2006 Flag

In a bowl combine flour, cheese, oregano, pepper and salt. Beat eggs. Add zucchini, onion and mayonnaise. Add flour mixture and mix well. In a large skillet, melt butter and fry pancakes until golden on both sides.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 9, 2005 Flag

Cook and stir veggies in oil over medium heat 6-8 minutes until tender crisp. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Let stand 5 minutes. Makes: 4 cups.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 23, 2005 Flag

Wash, dry, and halve lengthwise the zucchini and arrange in a single layer on a greased broiler pan or hinged grill. Score zucchini diagonally. Melt butter and add lemon-pepper seasoning and garlic salt.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 14, 2008 Flag

Cut zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then cut in half crosswise. In a large nonstick skillet, cook and stir zucchini in oil over medium heat for 4 minutes.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 21, 2012 Flag

Super easy to make and very tasty!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 21, 2005 Flag

Mix carrots, zucchini & onions together. Cook for 6 minutes. Drain. Melt butter, adding stuffing mix & mixing well. Add this to zucchini mixture. Mix soup & sour cream. Layer, starting with zucchini mixture & ending with chicken mixture. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 2, 2010 Flag

In 1 quart microwavable casserole, combine zucchini, onion, mushrooms, celery, and green pepper. Microwave on high 7-8 minutes until veggies are tender-crisp. Drain.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 26, 2009 Flag

A good meatless side dish. In a nonstick skillet, saute zucchini and onion in oil for 4-5 minutes. Stir in corn, and saute 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 6, 2009 Flag

Wash vegetables. Peel tomatoes, if desired. Slice vegetables about 1/4 inch thick. Layer all ingredients in flat oven dish with 2 inch sides, ending with cheese. Bake 325 degrees F for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 30, 2008 Flag

Fill a deep fat fryer or skillet with oil to a 2 inch depth. Heat to 375 degrees F. Meanwhile, combine milk and egg in a mixing bowl. Stir together dry ingredients and add to egg mixture; blend well. Fold in zucchini.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 3, 2006 Flag

Cream together sugar, butter and eggs until fluffy. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with zucchini. Add chocolate chips and nuts.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 23, 2006 Flag

Beat eggs and then add all other ingredients and mix well. Fry in oil over medium high heat until golden brown. Serve with mayonnaise and tomatoes on buns or bread.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 21, 2006 Flag

Cut the carrots and zucchini into julienne strips. Steam carrots, covered, over boiling water for about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer the carrots to a bowl.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 23, 2005 Flag

I had a huge Yellow Zucchini given to me. Do I wait for it to get green? If so, how do I green it up?

Poopsey

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I grow zucchini, and yes this is yellow zucchini,

you make it just the same as green,

November 4, 2006 Flag

I would like to have the recipe that "In and Out" drive thru's in California has for deep fried Zucchini Chips.

Cookieone from Arizona

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

for the Zucchini

1-2 fresh zucchini, of medium size thinly sliced (do not peel)

1/2 cup flour

3 beaten eggs (you might need one more depending on your zucchinis size)

2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs

oil (for frying)

Garlic Dip

1 cup buttermilk

1 cup mayonnaise

1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix

3 garlic cloves, minced

Not the one? See other Deep Fried Zucchini With Creamy Garlic Dip Recipes

< 15 mins Dip appetizer

Squash Dip appetizer

Toddlers Dip appetizer

Summer Dip appetizer

Heat oil to approx 350.

Coat zucchini slices with flour.

Dip in egg.

Coat both sides with bread crumbs and carefully place in oil.

Repeat with all zucchini slixes -- do not crowd the pan.

Drain on paper towels and serve warm with garlic dip.

For the Garlic Dip:.

Combine all ingrediants with a wisk till well blended.

Store in fridge till ready to serve.

Try and make well in advance of the zucchini as the longer it sits the better it tastes.

Good refridgerated for upto 3 weeks.

September 7, 2010 Flag

• 1 lb. zucchini, thickly sliced
  • 1 med. onion, chopped
  • 1 can chicken broth (14oz.)
  • 1 tsp. curry powder

Directions:

Cook zucchini and onion in chicken broth in medium saucepan until tender. Puree' in blender container. Combine with curry powder in saucepan. Cook just until heated through. 4 servings.

By Robin from Washington, IA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesMay 8, 2012
Using Zucchini Instead of Apple or Pineapple When Baking
Zucchini Pie
Zucchini Pie Recipes
Squash Fritters
Zucchini Squash Pancake Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:54:21 AM on 10.0.1.211 in 12 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.