Recipes Using Zucchini

Summertime can bring an abundance of this summer squash. This page contains recipes using zucchini.

Zucchini on White Background
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 14, 2013 Flag

Yes, it is the time of year we long for during long, dark winter nights, the time of warmth and plenty. Trouble for some of us is that plenty can quickly become a bit too much as the glut of produce arrives more and more zucchini and vegetable marrows are pressed upon us by harassed harvesters who put a few too many plants in 'just in case'.

Zucchini

I never turn anything down; even when my husband, eyebrows raised, gently hisses 'what are you going to do with more of this stuff' as our hostess joyfully fills another bag with zucchini (or their awkwardly overgrown siblings, big, green, teenaged vegetable marrows) I don't know about you, but seeing the relief in the eyes of the gardener with a glut when someone will willingly take even just a little of their irresponsible over-production out of their sight, is worth a bit of puzzling over what on earth to do with it all once you get it home!

The secret of my survival is that I was blessed to be brought up in a family with its head in a book and its feet planted firmly in the land. I learned to dream and imagine, but I was also taught to cook and create usefully with my hands. There is a family story still dutifully told to our groaning children about how my brother, sister and I once fashioned a game from acorns and an egg carton, but we really did; not because we had to, but because it was fun and it made us laugh together. So as their eyes roll and they return to whatever electronic pacifier they are ruining their thumbs on, ours meet and we smile again at the binding memory.

Now we all have that miracle of the modern age, the cornucopia busting font of all knowledge the internet. I still think it is so amazing to be able to have half a dozen recipes for summer squash disposal literally at my fingertips and, thank my lucky stars, I have the skills to fearlessly use them, even to change them to suit our own tastes and use whatever is in the store cupboard.

So when I return to my beleaguered friends, wild eyed with the guilt of those who have had to compost something someone, anyone, should have eaten, I smile and serenely place a jar of my prized Marrow Ginger and Cardamom Jam, or Marrow Pickle on their table and anticipate the grateful gold rush that is bound to ensue!

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 26, 2012 Flag
    Zucchini growing next to a brick wall.This is my "mystery" plant. Every year, I save seeds from last year's fruit. I had my tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers all marked as such, but I had one lot of seeds I did not know what they were. I planted them anyway and they turned out to be zucchini. I do not even remember saving them.

• 1 cup biscuit mix
    • 1/2 cup shredded cheese
    • 2 eggs, beaten
    • 2 cups shredded zucchini
    • 1 Tbsp. chopped onion
    • dash of salt
    • 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine

Directions:

Mix all together except for butter or margarine. Melt butter or margarine in large skillet. Drop spoonfuls of mix into hot skillet. Fry 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Serve hot.

Servings: 8
    Prep Time: 15 Minutes
    Cooking Time: 10 Minutes

By Eileen from Yorktown VA

July 30, 2015 Flag

A delicious recipe using some of that garden zucchini you might have in abundance right now. Savory beef stuffed zucchini shells made in the microwave and stove, instead of the hot oven for a great summer dinner!

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

• 4 medium zucchini
    • 1 lb ground meat
    • 1/2 cup chopped onion
    • 1 egg
    • 1 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
    • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    • 1/4 tsp pepper
    • 1 cup (4 oz.) grated cheese Monterey Jack or Cheddar (or your favorite)
    ingredients

1. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. I also cut a slice off the bottom so it stands on it's own to sit flat. Scoop out the zucchini centers.*
    2. cut zucchinizucchini shells
    3. Place zucchini shells in a microwavable dish, cover it and place it in the microwave for 3 minutes on high.
    4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook ground meat and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from heat and stir in egg, sauce, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and one half of the cheese.
    5. beef and onion in panbeef, sauce and cheese in pan
    6. Spoon into zucchini shells and microwave, uncovered on high for 4 minutes.
    7. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and microwave 3 to 4 minutes longer. If you have a thermometer, filling should be around 160 degrees and zucchini is tender.
    8. Serve with any additional sauce.
    9. filled boats
    10. Yum!

*I use them in another recipe Zucchini Fritters, that I will be entering on Thrifty Fun after this one. Look for it!

Source: Taste of Home

boats in baking pan

August 17, 2012 Flag

Love vegetables from the garden!

August 17, 2015 Flag

A good low carb recipe that uses up your extra zucchini. I made this in the toaster oven in a 9 x 13 inch pan, so as not to heat up the kitchen.

Parmesan on top of casserole

August 23, 2005 Flag

I had a huge Yellow Zucchini given to me. Do I wait for it to get green? If so, how do I green it up?

Poopsey

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

zucchini comes in both yellow and green , but to me they taste the same. however, i grow both and if they are planted too close to each other, they all seem to turn yellow.

Read More Answers...

September 4, 2013 Flag

This might even convince some anti-vegie eaters to try them!

November 4, 2006 Flag

I would like to have the recipe that "In and Out" drive thru's in California has for deep fried Zucchini Chips.

Cookieone from Arizona

I am looking for the recipe for the fried zuccini that they serve at the Vortex on Morland Ave, Atlanta

Read More Answers...

June 25, 2012 Flag

This is a great combination of ingredients and it's also a great way to use some of the zucchini we are growing in our gardens.

April 29, 2012 Flag

This is a great sauce on beef!

October 7, 2008 Flag

In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in oil until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; saute 1 minute longer. Add vinegar and saute for 1-2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated and zucchini is evenly coated. Happy tasting.

November 11, 2010 Flag

Dip sliced zucchini in egg and milk; then in a mixture of salt and pepper, cornmeal and flour. Fry until golden brown. Pour lemon sauce over zucchini and serve.

September 7, 2010 Flag

Place broth, zucchini, and tarragon (or dill) in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the zucchini is tender, 7-10 minutes.

July 2, 2007 Flag

As we all know, if you grow zucchini you are likely to have an overabundance. This is a great recipe to use them up.

November 2, 2006 Flag

In a bowl combine flour, cheese, oregano, pepper and salt. Beat eggs. Add zucchini, onion and mayonnaise. Add flour mixture and mix well. In a large skillet, melt butter and fry pancakes until golden on both sides.

September 9, 2005 Flag

Cook and stir veggies in oil over medium heat 6-8 minutes until tender crisp. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Let stand 5 minutes. Makes: 4 cups.

July 23, 2005 Flag

Wash, dry, and halve lengthwise the zucchini and arrange in a single layer on a greased broiler pan or hinged grill. Score zucchini diagonally. Melt butter and add lemon-pepper seasoning and garlic salt.

October 21, 2012 Flag

Super easy to make and very tasty!

November 14, 2008 Flag

Cut zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then cut in half crosswise. In a large nonstick skillet, cook and stir zucchini in oil over medium heat for 4 minutes.

March 2, 2010 Flag

In 1 quart microwavable casserole, combine zucchini, onion, mushrooms, celery, and green pepper. Microwave on high 7-8 minutes until veggies are tender-crisp. Drain.

February 26, 2009 Flag

A good meatless side dish. In a nonstick skillet, saute zucchini and onion in oil for 4-5 minutes. Stir in corn, and saute 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.

June 30, 2008 Flag

Fill a deep fat fryer or skillet with oil to a 2 inch depth. Heat to 375 degrees F. Meanwhile, combine milk and egg in a mixing bowl. Stir together dry ingredients and add to egg mixture; blend well. Fold in zucchini.

November 3, 2006 Flag

Cream together sugar, butter and eggs until fluffy. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with zucchini. Add chocolate chips and nuts.

October 23, 2006 Flag

Beat eggs and then add all other ingredients and mix well. Fry in oil over medium high heat until golden brown. Serve with mayonnaise and tomatoes on buns or bread.

February 21, 2006 Flag

Cut the carrots and zucchini into julienne strips. Steam carrots, covered, over boiling water for about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer the carrots to a bowl.

February 21, 2005 Flag

Mix carrots, zucchini & onions together. Cook for 6 minutes. Drain. Melt butter, adding stuffing mix & mixing well. Add this to zucchini mixture. Mix soup & sour cream. Layer, starting with zucchini mixture & ending with chicken mixture. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

September 7, 2010 Flag

• 1 lb. zucchini, thickly sliced
    • 1 med. onion, chopped
    • 1 can chicken broth (14oz.)
    • 1 tsp. curry powder

Directions:

Cook zucchini and onion in chicken broth in medium saucepan until tender. Puree' in blender container. Combine with curry powder in saucepan. Cook just until heated through. 4 servings.

By Robin from Washington, IA

April 19, 2010 Flag

• 2 cups sliced zucchini
    • 2 cups water
    • 3 chicken bouillon cubes
    • 1 cup milk

Directions:

Combined water and bouillon cubes in a saucepan. Add sliced zucchini to saucepan mixture. Heat until the zucchini is tender. Pour mixture into blender and puree. Return pureed mixture to pan and add milk. Heat to serving temperature. Serves 4.

By Sandy from Graettinger, IA

Load More
    Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesMay 8, 2012
    Zucchini Bread
    Freezing Zucchini Bread
    Chocolate Zucchini Cake
    Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipes
    Zucchini Bread Recipes
    Zucchini Bread Recipes
    Zucchini Salad Recipes
    Zucchini Salad Recipes
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 24, 2016 at 8:03:41 AM on 10.0.2.192 in 903 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.