Browsing: Recipes Using Zucchini

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Recipes Using Zucchini

Summertime can bring an abundance of this summer squash. This page contains recipes using zucchini.

Zucchini on White Background
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 14, 2013 Flag

Yes, it is the time of year we long for during long, dark winter nights, the time of warmth and plenty. Trouble for some of us is that plenty can quickly become a bit too much as the glut of produce arrives more and more zucchini and vegetable marrows are pressed upon us by harassed harvesters who put a few too many plants in 'just in case'.Zucchini

I never turn anything down; even when my husband, eyebrows raised, gently hisses 'what are you going to do with more of this stuff' as our hostess joyfully fills another bag with zucchini (or their awkwardly overgrown siblings, big, green, teenaged vegetable marrows) I don't know about you, but seeing the relief in the eyes of the gardener with a glut when someone will willingly take even just a little of their irresponsible over-production out of their sight, is worth a bit of puzzling over what on earth to do with it all once you get it home!

The secret of my survival is that I was blessed to be brought up in a family with its head in a book and its feet planted firmly in the land. I learned to dream and imagine, but I was also taught to cook and create usefully with my hands. There is a family story still dutifully told to our groaning children about how my brother, sister and I once fashioned a game from acorns and an egg carton, but we really did; not because we had to, but because it was fun and it made us laugh together. So as their eyes roll and they return to whatever electronic pacifier they are ruining their thumbs on, ours meet and we smile again at the binding memory.

Now we all have that miracle of the modern age, the cornucopia busting font of all knowledge the internet. I still think it is so amazing to be able to have half a dozen recipes for summer squash disposal literally at my fingertips and, thank my lucky stars, I have the skills to fearlessly use them, even to change them to suit our own tastes and use whatever is in the store cupboard.

So when I return to my beleaguered friends, wild eyed with the guilt of those who have had to compost something someone, anyone, should have eaten, I smile and serenely place a jar of my prized Marrow Ginger and Cardamom Jam, or Marrow Pickle on their table and anticipate the grateful gold rush that is bound to ensue!

June 26, 2012 Flag
Zucchini growing next to a brick wall.This is my "mystery" plant. Every year, I save seeds from last year's fruit. I had my tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers all marked as such, but I had one lot of seeds I did not know what they were. I planted them anyway and they turned out to be zucchini. I do not even remember saving them.

• 1 cup biscuit mix
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 cups shredded zucchini
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped onion
  • dash of salt
  • 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine

Directions:

Mix all together except for butter or margarine. Melt butter or margarine in large skillet. Drop spoonfuls of mix into hot skillet. Fry 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Serve hot.

Servings: 8
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes

By Eileen from Yorktown VA

July 30, 2015 Flag

A delicious recipe using some of that garden zucchini you might have in abundance right now. Savory beef stuffed zucchini shells made in the microwave and stove, instead of the hot oven for a great summer dinner!

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

• 4 medium zucchini
  • 1 lb ground meat
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 cup (4 oz.) grated cheese Monterey Jack or Cheddar (or your favorite)
ingredients

1. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. I also cut a slice off the bottom so it stands on it's own to sit flat. Scoop out the zucchini centers.*
  2. cut zucchinizucchini shells
  3. Place zucchini shells in a microwavable dish, cover it and place it in the microwave for 3 minutes on high.
  4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook ground meat and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from heat and stir in egg, sauce, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and one half of the cheese.
  5. beef and onion in panbeef, sauce and cheese in pan
  6. Spoon into zucchini shells and microwave, uncovered on high for 4 minutes.
  7. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and microwave 3 to 4 minutes longer. If you have a thermometer, filling should be around 160 degrees and zucchini is tender.
  8. Serve with any additional sauce.
  9. filled boats
  10. Yum!

*I use them in another recipe Zucchini Fritters, that I will be entering on Thrifty Fun after this one. Look for it!

Source: Taste of Home

boats in baking pan

August 17, 2012 Flag

Love vegetables from the garden!

August 17, 2015 Flag

A good low carb recipe that uses up your extra zucchini. I made this in the toaster oven in a 9 x 13 inch pan, so as not to heat up the kitchen.

Parmesan on top of casserole

August 23, 2005 Flag

I had a huge Yellow Zucchini given to me. Do I wait for it to get green? If so, how do I green it up?

Poopsey

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

zucchini comes in both yellow and green , but to me they taste the same. however, i grow both and if they are planted too close to each other, they all seem to turn yellow.

Read More Answers...

September 4, 2013 Flag

This might even convince some anti-vegie eaters to try them!

November 4, 2006 Flag

I would like to have the recipe that "In and Out" drive thru's in California has for deep fried Zucchini Chips.

Cookieone from Arizona

I am looking for the recipe for the fried zuccini that they serve at the Vortex on Morland Ave, Atlanta

Read More Answers...

June 25, 2012 Flag

This is a great combination of ingredients and it's also a great way to use some of the zucchini we are growing in our gardens.

April 29, 2012 Flag

This is a great sauce on beef!

October 7, 2008 Flag

In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in oil until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; saute 1 minute longer. Add vinegar and saute for 1-2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated and zucchini is evenly coated. Happy tasting.

November 11, 2010 Flag

Dip sliced zucchini in egg and milk; then in a mixture of salt and pepper, cornmeal and flour. Fry until golden brown. Pour lemon sauce over zucchini and serve.

September 7, 2010 Flag

Place broth, zucchini, and tarragon (or dill) in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the zucchini is tender, 7-10 minutes.

July 2, 2007 Flag

As we all know, if you grow zucchini you are likely to have an overabundance. This is a great recipe to use them up.

Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesMay 8, 2012
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 10:30:55 PM on 10.0.2.7 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.