Asking Mom to Shave My Legs

I always wear pants because I can't focus since I have anxiety in social situations, like school. The farthest up I will go up is long capris. My mom and I are very close, but it's very awkward on both ends. I have tried to talk to her about it, but we never get into actually talking about it. I sometimes hide my arms because of my social anxiety. It's such a weight on my chest. I don't like it.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Since you and your mom have a good bond - it is awkward but its something you should tell her. You don't need to carry the anxiety, she's been in your position also.

wow-someone else asked this just a few weeks ago! most answers said to just tell your mom it was time for you to start shaving like your classmates-i went a step further and suggested you bring it up in the context of summer----hey mom, since last summer i have matured and really need to start shaving before pool (shorts, whatever) season. I am a 57 yo american who only shaves my legs and pits 6 months a year, at most, but when you are forced to shower with strangers you need to speak up to your mom, she'll understand. or else just do it, she can't (and won't) glue it back on

Anonymous

Just do it. I did when I was 13 y/o, and my parents were out for the day. I thought I can take my time since they wouldn't be back for awhile. After the first shave, it's over and done with ... the second time was a proverbial piece of cake.

Your mom may agree to a depilatory instead of a razor. My mother did when I was a teen.

I echo those that have given you an answer already. As a mom to girls (2 teenagers & 1 soon to be) I don't always think of these things. We moms are not brain readers. If there is something that is causing more distress any mom with a heart will want to know. Your best option is to in a respectful way, tell your mom how you are feeling about it all and ask her to help you. In turn you are learning valuable communication skills that are helpful in awkward situations. My best to you in these sometimes hard years.

If you and your mother go shopping together, take her to the area where disposable razors are on display? Ask her advice in selecting the best one?

This question is asked quite often and as a general rule, receives a large number of reply's/suggestions.
We all recognize that every situation is different and has to be handled in the best way possible for the persons involved.
Does your mother ever read ThriftyFun messages? Hopefully she is a fan and maybe you can ask her to read some of the comments that others have written. Maybe you could even leave her a note with some links to these articles - or even an email or message?

There are a lot of links about this "problem" but here are a couple:

http://www.thri  6891678.tip.html

http://www.thri  art-Shaving.html

However you decide to broach the subject, (most likely your mother will agree) here is a good link that will give you some tips on how to safely shave your legs:

http://www.thri  g-Your-Legs.html

It is nice that you and your mother have a good relationship - keep up the good work.