Bathroom Breaker Tripped

My two upstairs bathrooms are on the same circuit. When I woke up this morning, it was tripped. I reset it, but it is still not working. This was the first time this has happened. Could the breaker be bad?

By Thomas P

In my experience, a breaker that is "bad" only wears out after it has tripped repeatedly over the course of several years. I would doubt that it is the breaker; I think you should call an electrician, just to be safe. If it is a small job, they will charge only a small price. If it turns out to be something serious, wouldn't you want someone who really knows what they are doing to take care of it for you?

I agree that an electrician should be called. It is a possibility the breaker is bad. It is also possible the breaker is doing its job and something electrical has a fault.

Prior to calling in an electrician, you could unplug all electrical devices and see if the breaker resets in order to eliminate cord and plug connected devices as being the problem.