Cauliflower Salad Recipes

This is a low carb alternative to potato salad. It's a great dish to prepare for a potluck, a picnic or to serve your family.

Prep Time: 15 to 20 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: approximately 6 servings

• 2/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tsp mustard
  • 2 tsp white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup pickle relish
  • 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. ground Cayenne pepper
  • 3 boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 5 strips of bacon, cooked to crispy stage and chopped
  • 1 lb bag frozen cauliflower*, thawed and cut into bite-size pieces
  • salt to taste

*You can steam the cauliflower in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes if you want a soft-textured salad.

1. In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Mix well.
  2. Gently stir in chopped boiled eggs, onion, bacon and cauliflower pieces.
  3. Stir until everything is well-coated.
  4. Refrigerate overnight. Serve cold.

8 More Solutions

This is a great, fresh-tasting salad! Cauliflower is one of my favorite veggies. This salad is one of my favorites because of my love for cauliflower - so good!

I love cauliflower and this salad is just fantastic! The bacon makes it extra good!

Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl. Blend mayonnaise and Italian dressing in bowl. Toss vegetables with dressing until well-coated. Chill for several hours before serving.

In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, peas and onion. To prepare dressing, stir ingredients together and pour over vegetables, stirring lightly to coat.

Like the ranch taste to this recipe.

Here's a twist on the traditional coleslaw that's terrific! In large bowl combine cauliflower, carrot and onion. In second smaller bowl, combine yogurt, salad dressing, sugar, lemon juice, celery seed and salt; mix well.

I make a cauliflower salad that calls for a packet of garlic cheese dressing, and cannot find a good sub. Does anyone have any ideas on how to duplicate what was in that packet? It used sour cream and mayo with a packet of dressing for the dressing for cauliflower, green onions, cukes, and radishes. It was delicious. I can no longer find the packets and want to make it for Christmas

Answers

Best Answer

Are talking about the Good Seasons package?

Maybe you could add the blue cheese crumbles to this one:
www.food.com/.../cheddar-cheese-dressing-340808

It is similar to the ingredients from the package:

Sugar, Salt, Blue Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes) Garlic (Dried), Whey, Cheddar Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes), Spice, Maltodextrin, Onions (Dried), Xanthan Gum, Parsley (Dried), Sodium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid.

Best Answer

I'm not sure but it looks like the Herb and Garlic recipes are calling for oil and vinegar which is not always used with mayonnaise and sour cream but usually used with pasta but I'm sure it can be used for vegetables as well.
I believe this is what you may have been using in the past.
Good Seasons Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix, Cheese Garlic.
This was actually discontinued in 2014 but stores still had a supply for a couple of years. After numerous requests, it does not appear that it will return.
www.amazon.com/.../b000rl53pe (Affiliate Link)
www.amazon.com/.../TxCP2RDG60EH3K (Affiliate Link)

This is sort of a copycat - close but it looks like several different cheeses can be used in case you like one type more than another.
Also, you can add other vegetables to your liking.
This recipe has your cauliflower and radishes but you can always add cucumbers.
www.allrecipes.com/.../
Patsy's Cauliflower Salad
Yield:
4 servings

Ingredients
1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions
Combine cauliflower, green onions, and radishes in a large bowl. Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder in another bowl; fold mayonnaise mixture into vegetables. Refrigerate until chilled.

Also, if you use very many cheeses in recipes like this you might want to consider looking for some of the organic cheese powders as they have some very good choices now- just be sure to look for 'all organic' if that is what you prefer (the cheeses in ready to use mixes is not usually organic). You can see some choices here:
www.amazon.com/.../s?k=Organic+Cheese+Powder (Affiliate Link)

I think some people are using one of the Ranch Dressing mixes and modifying it to their taste.

Answer this Question

I am looking for a recipe for a salad that has cauliflower, cream cheese, black olives and I don't know what else but it is delicious. If anyone can share this recipe I would be so grateful.

Answers

By Joyce (Guest Post)

I don't know if this is the one you are referring to, but I make a cauliflower-broccoli salad that is a hit everywhere I take it. Break cauliflower and broccoli into small pieces. Chop 1/4 onion very finely. Mix 1 cup Ranch dressing and 1/2 cup sour cream together until smooth. Pour dressing over cauliflower and broccoli and stir to coat (if you don't use it all, you can store it in the refrigerator and use it on baked potatoes). Mix in onion, sliced olives, about 1/4 cup bacon bits and 3 Tbsp. sunflower seeds. I don't measure the veggies and olives - just eyeball it to suit the occasion. Best if refrigerated at least 3 hours before serving. Hope this helps.

Answer this Question
Food and Recipes Recipes Salads VegetableOctober 18, 2012
👔
🌻
👒
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cauliflower-Salad-Recipes.html