Curtain Color Advice

I have a white walls, a black desk up against the window, a black entertainment system, and a dark brown futon, chair, and coffee table set. What color curtain should I get?

Thank you so much!

By Deanna D

I would go with a print since it sounds like you have no print in your furniture. Go with one of the Ikat patterns to keep it updated and you could use any color you would like. Just make sure you balance out the room by using accessories in the same color around the room with pillows, vases, etc.

I had a similar problem. I have dark brown furniture, beige walls, beige leather sofa. I have a red swivel chair, with automon. I went with print curtains that have the same red color as my chair and also bright yellow and green in the print.

I like the idea of a print vs solid colors and I don't like matchey matchey. I love the look and get a lot of compliments. Then just add a few accessories such as throw pillows and some pictures that pick up the color of the curtains. I got my curtains at J.C. Penney in Ohio. Hope this helps

Go for BOLD. I'd choose orange for a nice contemporary pop. A big print would be good, with orange as the primary color. Something like this: