Curtain Color Advice

We just moved into this new apartment. And I am going crazy about what color to choose in regards to the curtains. When I browse curtains online and see "cool white" or "white" colors, they look very bright/shiny white with my walls, which are not true white. And to me, those too-white curtains look poor-quality in front of off-white walls, even though these curtains are very expensive. What color should I choose? Please help.

By Charu

I think you should keep searching until you find white curtains that will look nice with your walls. Perhaps a different kind of material will make a difference.

You are probably looking for off-white, eggshell or ivory and not a true white. Also look for a curtain that has a texture or weave, such as slub silk or linen.

The light shade on your walls I don't think would compliment well with pure white curtains regardless of textured fabric unless you have other colors in it that would merge such as a bit or orange, rust,yellow, etc. in the fabric. But that is just my opinion or preference.

You didn't state what color flooring and furniture you have for that area and if you have more artificial or natural light in the room. Don't go over three colors or the room will look too busy. There are other colors that would look good with your walls too, such as blue, green, cream combination.