Finding Free or Donated Building Materials?

I'm in the process of remodeling a 61 year old military veteran's home and can't afford to pay for what I need to get started. I'm needing helping getting the right materials to remodel and fix up my client's home. He is in total need of repairs to his home that I am wanting to do. I am his in home health aid. So where can I go for help? I'm looking for free materials and some kind of assistance to help me afford it. Unfortunately I don't have the money to afford the stuff I need.

Check with your county Veteran Service Center(should be listed under that wherever your county governments at thats usually where they are). Depending on his disability, service connection and need there are grants available to both repair and adapt his home(SHA and SAH) those are for service connected disabilities and the HISA is I think for anyone. Even if he doesnt qualify for one of those programs they are a wealth of information and can help apply for anything he might qualify for. Another good place is checking with local veteran groups from his branch of service. We all want to help our own. Hope thats a start.

You can go through HUD or Habitat of Humanity for help, also word of mouth!

The first place you start should be the Office of Veteran Affairs: 844-698-2311.

You don't say where you are located, so if you offer more info, I may have other suggestions.

Prayers for your kind heart!

You can go to homes that are being renovated and asking what they are doing with the old materials. Many times they will give it to you. Other times they will sell it cheaply.

You can try on Craigslist or even Freecycle to see if anyone has building supplies they are giving away or selling off at a very reasonable price. You can also try to contact HUD to see if they can offer you some help or assistance.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Building MaterialsSeptember 13, 2019
😎
😷
🌻
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-Free-or-Donated-Building-Materials.html