Beef Hamburger Recipes

Many people enjoy these all American sandwiches, and they are especially delicious when made at home. Although these recipes use ground beef, any combination of ground meat could be used.

24 Solutions

These "Turtle Burgers" are just so very cute, creative, and fun that they definitely need to be shared with my entire ThriftyFun family and not just the recipe lovers! A little crispy and not too crunchy; just how a turtle should be ;-) Bon Appetit!

Directions:

Make your handmade ground beef patties, top with sharp cheddar cheese, wrap in a bacon weave, then add hotdog pieces for the head, legs (with slits for toes), and a tail. Place on an oven rack, cover loosely with foil, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.

Source: I received this in an email from my friend, Solo, who was my most excellent mechanic for many years when I lived in Los Angeles.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

This is a delicious twist on burgers; a real change of pace.

• 1 lb. ground sirloin
  • 1 heaping tsp. dried sage
  • 1/ tsp. rosemary, crumbled
  • 1/2 tsp. sugar
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 green onions, finely chopped (green and white parts)
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
  • 1 heaping tsp. relish (the recipe calls for India Relish)
  • 2 Tbsp. capers
  • 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
  • 1 egg, well beaten
  • 1/3 cup dry white wine
  • 1/3 cup bread crumbs
  • oil for frying

Directions:

Mix the meat and the dry ingredients, then mix in the wet ones. Let the mixture sit for one hour. Make nice, fat patties, making a small depression in the middle of each with your thumb (this help keep them from puffing up).

On medium high heat, add the patties in and sear them for about 1 minute. Turn the heat down to medium, and fry for 4 minutes without disturbing. Turn the heat back up to medium high in the last 30 seconds, then flip the burgers. Sear for 1 minute, lower the heat, and cook 3 minutes, or until done.

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 - 12 Minutes

Source: I don't remember where it was published, but I read an article with Ernest Hemingway's (then) wife (I don't remember which one). She said that this was one of his favorite recipes. I tried it, and I love it too. I don't even use any condiments on my burger, though sauteed mushrooms are really good with it.

By Free2B from North Royalton, OH

Great flavor, so good!

This seems like a lot of work for two burgers but they are yummy and you can make extra patties to freeze for future use. The avocado sauce and burger toppings are quick and easy to put together.

Saute the spinach in olive oil until it wilts. In a large bowl, mix the turkey/beef, spinach, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper.

In medium saucepan, over medium heat cook ground beef, minced onion and salt until ground beef is brown; drain fat. Stir in undiluted soup, cook until hot and bubbly about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Here you will take your ingredients and stuff the bottom half of a seasoned burger and then add a patty to the top and pat together. Making a awesome stuffed patty. We seasoned the meat with our favorite seasoning. Browned some onions with butter and maple syrup. Yummy. Then you add your favorite cheese and top it off. Brown both sides in a frying pan and serve with your lettuce and ketchup if you choose. Here is my burger.

Stuffed Burgers

A favorite of my sister in-law. If you like the strong flavor of sauerkraut, you'll love these burgers!

Love the sauce this meat is cooked in. Good for topping when meat is cooked!

These are good on buns or separately on your plate with sauce over.

When cooking hamburgers from scratch, put a thin slice of cheese, onion, etc. in the middle of the burger instead of putting it on top and watch it cook. I think this is the best way to eat a cheeseburger.

I like the sweet, "Oriental" flavor of these burgers.

Extend your hamburger meat with a few additions for a deliciously seasoned patty.

A delicious artisan sandwich.

These make great burgers, especially because of the cheese.

Using the Wave oven, there isn't much to clean up after.

I used this recipe for cooking hundreds of burgers for my kids fund raisers, my church outings and my Civitan club events. Now, it being just me, I only need 4 at a time.

Brown meat; add all ingredients and put in crock pot. Let cook over low heat for 4-6 hours.

Load More
Food and Recipes RecipesJune 26, 2012
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Hamburger-Recipes.html