Identifying a Porcelain Doll

I found this doll and took her home with me, yet I don't know where she came from. I've tried Googling her many times and still don't have a clue. Her tag said "ABC 1995 30.00$". On her neck there's an unknown letter or number.

Any input on her you have would be great.
Please help.

This looks like someone tried to sell it before for $30. I dont think it is an expensive doll, and I cant identify it with those few markings. Enjoy it as it is pretty.

I don't think the ABC is related to the doll directly...like a maker. There was an old doll company called ABC, that ceased production many years ago, but she does not fit the profile of their dolls.

I have two thoughts...she is probably considered a kissy face doll (at first I thought she was a praying girl, but the hands aren't right).

The second thought is she looks like she may have been assembled from a kit, probably from the 1980s or maybe the 1995 was really is the year she was made.

Either way, this particular style of doll (the kissy face) from the 1970s-1990s did not value in the resale market.

There are a bunch of similar blonde dolls like her on eBay unsold for as low as $2.00. I find that quite sad, since 1. she is lovely and 2. she was probably created with love for a special child

I am drawing a blank on the makers who made the kits. They were popular for a long time at stores like Woolworths on up to Lee Wards and the other craft stores of the day.

I will try to find some of my doll magazines from 1995 and see if I find an exact kit match. I just saw those magazines when I was cleaning so I will check them out and if I find a match, I will post it.

Thanks you very much!!

I feel bad...I could not find anything useful in my stash to help ID her better.

You may want to consider asking the guru's at the Facebook site:
Doll & Toy Identification Help

They may be able to give you more info on her. You have to ask to join, then you can post the pictures. They are a lovely bunch and very smart!! I am so curious to learn more!! Please post back if you learn more. I will check back to the Facebook site if you post and see what I see there also!

She is lovely and thanks for posting so many nice pictures so everyone can see everything about her. It is unfortunate that she does not have any markings as this is what usually helps us do research for even similar dolls.

It seems that she is in a kneeling position so that is probably one way someone can identify her as I cannot remember seeing very many kneeling dolls that were not in a "praying" position. With her head turned upwards it is possible this could be called a "praying position" but would be unusual.

You can post this on a doll forum site and they will help you as they have members who are familiar with just about every doll made.

Post your pictures and maybe show her body (without clothes) in a kneeling position) as well as her size (in inches). If you use the following link you will see instructions on how to post your pictures.
I hope they can help you.

www.tapatalk.com/.../

Please post back with what you find out - we love to hear about unusual dolls.

Hi,

You have a beautiful doll. She is from the ABC Toy Company, and she was created in the early to mid 1940s.

Dolls which were made, by the ABC Toy Company, towards the end of the 1940s had an open circle as an identification mark, rather than the name of the company. Here is a link with more information:

dollreference.com/abc_toy_co_dolls.html

I would not take less than $30.00 for this doll, and she may be worth more. I think she is a praying doll, because of her kneeling position, and her closed eyes. She is so pretty.

Blessings,

Robyn

Thanks you so much !