Identifying a Raccoon or Ferret Stuffed Toy?

I've had this lil guy since I was a baby; he was a hand-me down from an older sister. I've always thought he was a raccoon, but he might be a ferret.

The tag says he's from the Ganz Bros Heritage Collection, there's a copy write for 1988 on the tag and a bit that says, Reg. Pa. No. 1650 which I assume is a patent registration? In spite of this I've never been able to find the name of the toy or any doubles of him, and he means so much to me!

I can understand how you feel about your buddy - I also believe he is a raccoon.
It is very difficult to find a vintage plush toy because although there were many made most of them were played with and eventually thrown away so the actual number still available of each type may be small in comparison to other types of toys; such as dolls. Not very many people thought that plush animals would become things to sell in the future.

You are very lucky that yours still has tags so at least you know what brand you're looking for.
I can only suggest that you put a reminder on your calendar to check sites at least once per month just in case someone places one up for sale. eBay no longer has a service to notify you so you will have to do all searches on your on time.
This can be time consuming but I do not know of any other way. You might try placing ads on your Facebook or other sites but this may be a very long shot.

Here are some ways to check:
www.google.com/search?q=Ganz+Bros+Heritage+Collection...

I agree that he is a raccoon. He has the ring tail and the black mask.

They made both, so he could be either.

If you are looking to find a mate for him, I suggest searching eBay and Etsy and just google images a few ways and you will come up with one eventually:

1. Search by brand Ganzbros (and also by Ganz Bros--as two words) plush

2. Search by the brand and the word stuffed

3. Search the brand and the year

4. Search the brand and the word vintage

4. Search the brand and the term"1980s"

I would leave off the word raccoon or ferret because as a log time reseller, I know sellers are terrible at correctly identifying what they have and you have a better chance to find it through a generic search than a specific one.

You can probably expect to pay between $5 and $40 for one, as the Ganz products have held their value in the resale word, which is surprising!! I don't remember much about them from my days in resale, but they must be sturdy plushies because they still command a nice amount!!

Prayers and blessings on your quest!

Consumer Advice Collectibles Toys Stuffed ToysDecember 12, 2020
🎉
😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-a-Raccoon-or-Ferret-Stuffed-Toy.html