Identifying a Stuffed Lion

I've had this stuffed lion for 13+ years. I was very young when I received him as a present. I have no idea where he's from and I've had no luck finding his origin. He's my best friend and I intend on passing him down to my family in the future. Does anyone have any information?

I would send this picture to the Applause and Gund companies. They made a lot of stuffed toys at the time.

Anonymous

I sold stuffed animals for many, many, many years and he does not look like any from the big companies I know and sold. I say this because of the structure, ears and fabric. Now I do not know every stuffed animal ever created in the world (and I am in the US) so I may not know every one created in the US other than the states I lived in.

Can you give me a little more info? Is he terry cloth? Are the eyes stitched? He looks, to me, just from the photos, that he may have been hand made.

I will go through my old sewing patterns and see if he resembles something from one of the pattern companies I used to love.

While I am searching, there are toy identification sites on Facebook you can join. Just put the term Toy and Doll Identification into the search engine, pick one that appeals to you and ask to join.

The ones I frequent are very knowledgeable and maybe they will know right of the top who made him. Best wishes for a quick answer.

I sold plush/stuffies/stuffed animals in retail for years and he does not look at all familiar. Is there a chance he is handmade? I ask because terry clothe was a fav among home sewers in the past. He also has markings to me that look more on the handmade side.

I will check through my sewing patterns to see if he looks familiar.

Post back if you learn something sooner.

Hi,

I think it was possibly handmade too. It is beautiful that you are cherishing this beautiful stuffed animal and that it is such a treasure!

Blessings,

---Robyn