Identifying a Vintage Figurine?

I picked up this figurine at an estate clearance. It reminded me of something my grandma had. here are no marks on it for maker. I did a general search, but didn't pull up much. Any ideas?

It will be difficult to identify without markings. It is provably a knockoff of something more expensive

She is pretty and my grandmother had pieces like this also--lovely memories!!.

I know many of her pieces were quite valuable, but then there was the whole section of them that were from the dime store that she put out when the grands were there so if we broke them she wouldn't be out much.

Your piece looks like one of the latter, but with porcelain pieces like that it hard to confirm that, and quite honestly, even some of those 40s-60s dime store pieces can have some value today's resale market.

Why I think it is an originally less expensive piece is the colors are very bright which means it is probably porcelain or glass and not bisque, which had softer colors.

Also the details on the hands and parasol are very simple, the more valuable pieces had very fine detailing in the bisque.

Lastly, she is dressed in a low cut dress, and most of the pieces that were costly when new were much more modestly dressed (like the Dresdens and Gorhams).

You could take her to a local vintage/antique shop and get their take on her and her value in today's market where you are.

That is the other thing, even if she turns out to be one of the more collectible pieces (sometimes those pieces with the more risque dress have their own market in the resale world) if you are in place where everyone is trying to sell similar pieces it drives the value down. She also looks like she has a little bit of a condition issue on the paint in the middle which could also lower her value.

If you want to check out very similar items, there are, on any given day, hundreds of listings with the titles, Victorian Ladies with Parasol or Victorian Women with Umbrella listed on eBay and Etsy.

Those that sell in the unmarked grouping, fetch on average 4.99. My hope for you is you have one that has more value in today's market!

Post back with an update on what you learn from your local antique owner.

This will be hard to identify because there are no marking on the figurine. Figurines were sold in dime stores and also by the creators. If this was a valuable piece you should have a signature on the bottom of the figurine.

Consumer Advice Collectibles FigurinesAugust 12, 2019
😎
😷
🌻
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-a-Vintage-Figurine-1.html