Information on a Vintage Stuffed Dog?

I'm trying to find information on this stuffed dog that "survived" a friend's house fire in 1988. I was wondering about finding a replacement on eBay but I don't know anything about it other than these few pictures my friend's Mom sent me. Does anyone know anything about this? I believe its original color was tan or yellow with brown or black ears. It had beans in it like a beanie baby but was bigger than the 90's beanie babies.

Best Answer

Poor plushy and poor owner!

Be cause of the eyebrows, I want to think he may be a

Dakin Snoopy

or a

Butterfly Originals Snoopy

If those don't look right, my third and fourth ideas are

Dakin Drooper

or a

Cascade beagle (I don't think he had a name)

Hope you can find one to replace. If it is a Peanuts Snoopy, they always come up for sale on eBay and Etsy so that should be easy to find. Drooper and the Cascade brands are harder to find.

Post back if any are a match!

This dog has been through a lot and it was quite a few years back. It might be impossible to try and find a replacement for this online. However, you can always try this website here www.budsies.com/.../. They are excellent at making you a brand new stuffed animal. Maybe if your friend's mom has some other images of the dog it could help this company make you a new one for your friend. I have seen them do wonders making new stuffed animals from all kinds of disasters. I would give them an email and send these images to them and see if they could help you out.

This may be an impossible task but miracles do happen so keep trying. Another member, PGHgirl is very good at identifying items like this so I hope she will have some suggestions for you.
The only thing I can suggest is to present your story and pictures to several of the toy/plush animal forums and maybe someone will be able to help. You will have to join sites before posting but post to several just to get more coverage.

www.facebook.com/.../?ref=group_header
www.lostmylovey.com/
www.reddit.com/.../
www.facebook.com/.../

This poor plushy is in bad condition and needs repair. It has seen good and bad times, but don't despair, there are few companies out there that clean and repair those special love ones. You can first try in your area or - www.stuffedanimals.com/.../164.htm

Consumer Advice Collectibles Toys Stuffed ToysNovember 11, 2020
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Information-on-a-Vintage-Stuffed-Dog.html